Daily Music Roll Magazine's Top 10 Biggest Pop Stars of All Time

43 minutes ago, Arianna said:

Would you say Britney or Janet are/were bigger? Genuinely asking. That would be my #3/4

1. Michael Jackson

2. Madonna

The answer to that is Janet.

Why? Because Janet came before Britney. It's that simple: Janet paved the way.

Janet has the whole package and her own style, she's a mood, and Britney as an artist is HEAVILY based on her, but distinctive and strong enough to be in the same league and hold her own spot. They even share the same sweet yet courageous soul. Then with time Britney became a new trendsetter and trailblazer. Two amazing women, two amazing artists, cut from the same cloth but then becoming their own.

• Love 4

My list of the top 10 musical pop artists, in no particular order.

1. Michael

2. Madonna

3. Cher

4. Whitney

5. Mariah

6. Britney

7. Beyonce

8. Rihanna

9. Lady Gaga

10. Janet

Honorable mention: Katy, Taylor, Timberlake, Celine, Adele, Bruno 

There are many more successful artists who I would not classify as pop artists. The bolded artists are those I see as blueprint popstars.

• Love 2

What the heck is this trash list? :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad: I am probably one of the biggest KatyCats in this anti-katy forum but HOW is she #2? :meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell: Where is the audacity level, where is it? :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack: And Taylor Swift over Madonna? :dead_falling_wig_dying: When has Taylor done ANYTHING iconic enough to put her even NEAR the one who paved the path for her :pretends_shocked_wow_rihanna_surprised: And Beyonce over Britney who is already at such a undeserved positions? utter. TRASH :trash_throw_away_recycle:

Spoiler

I do agree with them putting Katy over Taylor :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

The list is horribly organized. Britney and Madonna, the two female artist who PAVED and open gates for these female singers, how could you rank any of these artist above them? :deadbanana_pbj_peanut_butter_jelly_time_yellow: The snake performance and Ray of light alone blow any of these stars out of the water. :hideous_um_zoom_hide_what_confused_scared:

This should be the order ideally:

1. Michael Jackson
  2. Madonna
  3. Britney Spears
  4. Lady Gaga
  5. Janet Jackson
  6. Rihanna
  7. Beyonce
  8. Katy Perry
  9. Taylor Swift
  10. Justin Timberlake

:deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

• Love 2

Katy Perry doesn’t belong in the top 10 at all, yes she had a couple big eras, but she’s done nothing influential, I feel like it tens years she’ll be on the level of Debbie Gibson or something. 

my personal list would be 

1. Britney 

2. Rihanna 

3. Lady Gaga 

4. Cher 

5. Taylor Swift 

6. Madonna 

7. Beyonce 

8. Whitney Houston 

9. Janet Jackson 

10. Shania Twain 

being more objective it should probably be