This Day in Pop: Nicki Minaj releases 'Pink Friday' album in 2010 (November 20); the album re-enters top 200 Billboard and Nicki won two AMA’s on its anniversary

Style.

pinkfriday.jpg.e6d7a934da5bc6fdd1182a7e27b30e70.jpg10 years ago today, Nicki Minaj released her debut album, #PinkFriday! The album saw a global success, impacting in the Pop culture, debuted with 375k copies in the US (the biggest sales week for a debut album), reached #1 on Billboard 200 and it's eligible for 5x Platinum. #PinkFriday was the first female rap album to reach #1 on the Billboard 200 this century.  

125866355_206728950920991_26464602300521

The moment she single handedly revived a whole genre, competed with and outsold every rapper at that time and some pop girlies in their prime, became a huge part of making hip-hop mainstream today and allowed female rappers to be commercially viable again. Nicki Minaj outsold the old head female rappers on her first year - there's not much you can say when numbers and stats are revealed. She is the first female rapper who never signed a 360 deal, in fact Nicki owns ALL of her rights as an artist that's why she's wealthier than the whole female rap genre + a bunch of little male rappers combined! She changed the infrastructure - you can't be a rebel and a commercial! Nicki did that, too! Nicki Minaj held down the pole position among women in rap while others had moments! 

126571038_2849133642074587_3250084192126

#PinkFriday was a cultural reset and a breath of fresh air, an album that showcased how versatile and talented Nicki is as an artist. She represents an entire generation and she's more than an image "I'm not a word,  I'm not a line, I'm not a girl that can ever be defined". If it wasn't for Nicki Minaj's legendary persona, pen, work ethic, dominance, demand for justice for the female rap culture, no woman under her would be reaping the benefits they are today. This was her dream! She never been a hater, but integrity is everything to her - just don't bribe and scheme to come up. DO THE F WORK! 10 years later and she still has the TOP position in rap among women. She is the best selling female rapper of 2020, she has most watched music video in 2020, 2 #1's on Billboard and over 4 Billion Streams (Spotify + Youtube). Hm. Her fake ***/back is to them! 

She is the most talented female rapper of all time and no one can out rap her, the pen is authentic and completely hers. That's why she effortlessly annihilated some careers. LOL. Roman's Revenge was a whole moment and Pink Friday gave us the most memorable lines in history of female rap. PERIOD. "is this the thanks that I get for putting you biches on? is it my fault that all of you biches gone? should've sent a thank-you note, you little ho - now I'm wrapping your coffin' with a bow. Nicki, she's just mad 'cause you took the spot!" Shall I say more? She's competing with herself and lastly, but not least she is a GAME CHANGER

What's your favorite moment and song from #PinkFriday? 

Edit: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH8YQb-pAKb/?igshid=r9198hka6nj0

• Love 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block