This Day in Pop: Britney Spears joins the 'NSYNC in Concert' tour as the opening act in 1998 (November 17)

On 11/17/2020 at 4:35 AM, BritneyLover said:

Is that really britney live singing her higher notes and album adlibes LIVE??? Ive never seen that vid before im shook

Pretty sure the BOMT and OIDIA eras were all 100% live, and then Britney and ITZ were a mix of live in the slower numbers and pre-recorded vocals in the choreo. It's Circus onward where it's all been album tracks. :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

9 hours ago, PrinceAli89 said:

So iconic! I remember Britney saying in an interview years ago that at the beginning of this tour she got booed a lot and some fans even threw food at her. Regardless if you liked Britney, that is so rude! 

First, they were crazy girls who just wanted to see Nsync and couldnt wait to scream for them :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated: then there were rumours about Britney dating ramen noodles boy already in late 98, so they were mad jealous of her 

I feel for Britney tho, imagine being 16 doing ur job so well and being treated like that by crazy hyenas bc they are ******* rude and delusional thinking Justin is theirs :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:

8 hours ago, frederiickx said:

I sort of remember hearing things back then about how terrible fangirls of NSYNC were to her when she performed. They were so jealous she had Justin.

Yeah, she was booed in some shows. They just wanted to see Nsync and then the rumours about Britney dating Justin started, so they got mad jealous. She was really hated by a lot of Nsync fans since the beginning. I remember that they were doing a show on Britneys bday in 2000 so she was there backstage. Then Justin brought her to the stage so they could sing happy bday for them. At the time, a lot of people said she was booed by some fans :nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus: but there were never videos of this for some reason, only pics. 

Wish I could have seen it, they came to my home city and I loved BOMT even in 98 but I was too young at the time to know about tour dates and follow where artists would be. And the internet wasn't like it is now lol. Plus I didn't like NSync at all until 2000. I did get to see the BOMT Tour the next year though :cutesybritney_tongue_britney_p_lick:

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, asitalian12587 said:

Lance saying "i wish" when they were asked if any of them were dating her :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

Haha I know right :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme: they were always trying to cover it up for Justin (notice how both JC and Joey also joked about dating her saying "id be down for It" while Justin remained silent laughing), so that was the perfect excuse for Lance to pretend he was also straight lol 

See his answer to this question here at 4:12 when they are asked about partying with the BSB lol 

• 11 months later...