Watch Netflix's "Selena: The Series" trailer

3 hours ago, Stefani said:

I love Selena, but at the same time I have to wonder if this series is really necessary? I mean the Selena movie that starred JLo was already a pretty accurate representation of Selena's life, so this just feels like a cash grab. :britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:

2 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Actual Facebook comment, it stuck out to me. 

It plays on the real life vs art. 

@AmorProhibido

Can you understand this quote

"I'm not ready to do another life long hatred to the actress playing Yolanda". 

"Yolanda, is an important character, but we all know how it ends when that demon comes into her life, once she enters, I'll probably turn off, my heart can't handle the ptsd again with her attached. 

Anoymous Facebook user

Can you understand where they're coming From

That person makes a very good point. We do know how the story ends, and a good 99.9% of us ugly cry when this part comes up in the movie, or even when her death is discussed.

With that being said, I'm for sure still going to watch the show and I think everyone should as well, whether you're a Selena fan or not.

I've thought this since I first saw photos of Christian Serratos as Selena earlier this year, but to me, it looks more like a tribute to J.Lo's portrayal of Selena rather than a portrayal of Selena herself.

I grew up on Selena and while I think J. Lo did a phenomenal job in taking on the role, I do feel that the general public often confuses J. Lo's portrayal with the actual Selena. I've even heard some people say that growing up they thought J. Lo WAS Selena. I won't deny, in some photos, J. Lo and Selena had similar characteristics that were uncanny - even the voice (not signing) but style of talking and tone was similar.

I'll still watch though...

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods

Idk if im being biased but honestly JLO did an AMAZING job as Selena and movie was great.

A series isnt needed especially considering most of Selena's life was already presented in a movie, I mean what else are they gonna put in the movie that hasnt been seen?

Don't get me wrong, I'll watch it but I still think it isnt necessary

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

As a native Texan and latino I am excited and will watch, but the actress doesn’t look like Selena :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record: No one ever will but it just seems like they put the costumes on and painted her lips then placed a wig on this girl. I will have to watch and see :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand: 

I remember when the teaser first came out last year I think and I was like "wtf it looks like someone playing JLo playing Selena". She kind of looks like Selena in the face, but once again, they have her proportions totally wrong. It's like you said though, I'm definitely still watching.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, AmorProhibido said:

I remember when the teaser first came out last year I think and I was like "wtf it looks like someone playing JLo playing Selena". She kind of looks like Selena in the face, but once again, they have her proportions totally wrong. It's like you said though, I'm definitely still watching.

Yea, i didn't want to say it because I didn’t want to sound like I am body shaming because the actress is gorgeous but Selena was fit and glass figured. Her outfits were perfection on her and her voice was impeccable. She had it all tbh. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block