What exactly is the X-factor?

Mexwero

No. This thread isn’t about the TV show lol 

I don’t know about y’all, but I have previously used the expression “they’re missing that x-factor to make it into the mainstream”, when describing artists that I believe are talented but are missing that je ne sais quio. 

Artists like Normani, Tinashe and Zara Larsson are just a few examples that I have. And sometimes that lack of x-factor quality is hard to describe and identify. 

It could be a certain fire in the eyes, an edgier look, or a certain swag that these artists are missing. What do you all think? Are you able to really point out that x-factor that certain artists are missing? Comment below and enlighten us! x-factor.jpg.3a8b14cd938dcf4234e93faabdae91b9.jpg

• Love 3

Well, that's why it's called je ne sais quoi.

But I work in media and public relations so I guess I pretty much know who has it and who doesn't. At this point, if I don't like 'em, then they don't have it. It's that simple for me. You don't get to where I am without developing an eye for talent and appeal - which are two different things. You can make it in the biz with only one of those two if you have a good team behind you. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

Also, i've been a stan of the Princess of Pop for 22 years now, and we all know she has the X Factor. Maybe I learned all about it from her afterall. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Fenixxx123 said:

X-Factor: Britney Spears at her prime. She got all the package, specially CHARISMA.:meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud:

Yes I think charisma and personality are the most important parts of x-factor
There are so, so many talented people, all over the world, they are great singers, but they are mediocre people (you know what I mean) - you walk away and in a minute you can't even remember someone's face.
You can learn how to sing or dance, but charisma and personality are things you can't learn or buy. 
Sometimes great singers are wondering why they're not successful, but less talented people are - because charisma makes the artist memorable, not all the riffs and runs and beltings. 
I bet you could find many girls who can sing like Beyonce or Adele, but find me a girl who smiles, moves, talks, performs like Britney?
It's like when you fall in love with someone, even if the person isn't perfect, but has something special in personality, attitude, presence, that makes you love him/her

Primeney will always be the greatest example of x-factor 

• Love 5

it's just a combination of many things that result in a certain appeal that no everyone have.

How many people that are really talented are out there, that study at academies, or go to talent shows or perform at local bars or whatever. They can have the talent, even the looks, but they're just missing something else, it can be the way they dress, their facial expressions, the music they perform, their way of using the stage. Even stuff like their age, or that besides being good looking they're being exposed to the wrong target audience, or maybe even the competition. Maybe Jessica Simpson would've been the best of the best if Britney and Christina weren't there, but they were, and she was completely overshadowed, despite maybe not being anything necessarily wrong with her.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, Roxxy said:

But I work in media and public relations so I guess I pretty much know who has it and who doesn't. At this point, if I don't like 'em, then they don't have it. It's that simple for me. You don't get to where I am without developing an eye for talent and appeal - which are two different things. You can make it in the biz with only one of those two if you have a good team behind you. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

Also, i've been a stan of the Princess of Pop for 22 years now, and we all know she has the X Factor. Maybe I learned all about it from her afterall. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

Now I’ve got Je ne sais pas pourquoi by Kylie Minogue stuck in my head :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
22 hours ago, Roxxy said:

I didnt know we're both in PR? Let's be that PR power couple honey :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

Tinashe and Zara Larson don’t have the X Factor. Tinashe is too similar to Beyonce, Ariana, Mariah, etc and her casual fashion looks tend to be a bit dated nowadays. Great dancer, great singer, but nothing special really, or magnetising. 

Zara Larson just seems like someone that would hop on someone else’s track as a good feature, but she struggles to own a song when it’s a solo. She doesn’t have the X Factor. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block