Dua Lipa’s “Levitating”: Music video, achievements, lawsuit and more

RadicalOptimism

1 hour ago, thebritmaster said:

I don’t understand removing him if people are in fact listening to his version? :jamie_lynn_grape:

From what I know, BB only change the display if one version is outselling the other (I remember last year's remixes of Say So possibly not crediting Nicki Minaj as #1 because the solo/OG version was doing better and the same with Britney's S&M).

Both sells count but only the "best-selling" is credited. So the solo/OG is doing better.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Waiting for the “this is erasure of black achievements” comment. Anyways congrats to Dua and good riddance to that homophobe 

I don't like him, but it's not the right way to erase his achievement and cancel him. 

Black or not, doesn't matter to me. 

If that's the case, but: 

The solo-version sold more is another reason. 

1 hour ago, Alexanda said:

I don't like him, but it's not the right way to erase his achievement and cancel him. 

Black or not, doesn't matter to me. 

If that's the case, but: 

The solo-version sold more is another reason. 

Except the solo version is the one that’s currently selling and being streamed the most. I think that’s the reason why they took his credit away. 

• Love 1
  • 3 months later...

Though it peaked at number two, and a controversy by Da Baby, actually did some serious damage, to the point Dua Lipa removed it from her grammy considerations for nominations, Dua Lipa's Levitating was the hot 100 hit of 2021, and it looks like Billboard gave full credit to only Dua, even though everybody knows it's actually the Da Baby remix that was insanely popular and huge. 

Congrats, Dua. 

@Jordan Miller

@I Always Sing Live

@Slayer

@JayTawndre

@Blackout2006

But are you here for the deletion of Dababy. 

From what I've read the communities that he promised to work with revealed he hasn't made an effort and really only said that he would to save his career. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

somewhat similar sometimes,

somewhat similar? :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: it sounds practically the same, the original just being slower than Dua's

For less than this, Exhalers kept saying Britney's Now That I Found You was a Wake Me Up ripoff, which were NOTHING alike, not even the same melody or rhythm or anything. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

That said, they would have to see if Dua actually did the sampling properly. For example, when Jerry Rivera accused Shakira of stealing his song for the intro of Hips Don't Lie, he was unaware that the record label had actually obtained the rights to the song legally.

I ignore this group or whether they belong to a record label or not, but this is far from being a coincidence. It could also be that they are sampling maybe an even older song, and they're thieves too. The melody actually seems to be very common or generic, since some parts of Levitating also sound like the exact melody of the verses of an 80's song by Spanish singer Miguel Bosé, but I doubt Dua or her producers would know this song, though everything is possible. Curiously, the song I talk about is called Don Diablo, and conveniently she ended up releasing a Don Diablo Remix that has nothing to do with that, and now that's what comes up when you Google "Levitating Don Diablo" :umok_pursed_squint_well_okay::blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Love 4
  • Like 5

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block