Dua Lipa’s “Levitating”: Music video, achievements, lawsuit and more

RadicalOptimism

• Content Curators
1 minute ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Literally don’t do anything when Taylor charts using similar tactics, but allll of a sudden want to change the rules. Oh well life goes on 

I don't know why they can't simply do it next week. Do they really have to use Dua to make a point? It's kind of cruel.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Invitation said:

I don't know why they can't simply do it next week. Do they really have to use Dua to make a point? It's kind of cruel.

Right? That gives people a chance to react to what they can and can’t do. Now I’m curious whose record they’re trying to protect. Who has the longest climb to number one? 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
17 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

It’s called a campaign you pressed hater :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp: you know those campaigns this fan base used to partake in? Dua still getting paid regardless of whether you keep showing up in threads to bash her :selena_red_carpet_gomez_um_stare: it’s Taco Tuesday. Go eat some tacos and get off Dua’s back :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

"Campaigning"? It's called payola, or desperation at the very least, because there's nothing genuine or organic about a song suddenly rebounding on all platforms months after it peaked on radio and streaming. And funny how you Dua Lipa stans didn't have a problem with this "campaigning" yesterday when it was convenient for y'all, yet just a few posts above mine one of y'all threw Taylor under the bus for similar tactics. At least be consistent.

But karma's not a liar: the song didn't get the #1 despite Dua's cheap tactics and several Dua stans insulting anyone who questioned the song's recent rebound. :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

52 minutes ago, Stefani said:

"Campaigning"? It's called payola, or desperation at the very least, because there's nothing genuine or organic about a song suddenly rebounding on all platforms months after it peaked on radio and streaming. And funny how you Dua Lipa stans didn't have a problem with this "campaigning" yesterday when it was convenient for y'all, yet just a few posts above mine one of y'all threw Taylor under the bus for similar tactics. At least be consistent.

But karma's not a liar: the song didn't get the #1 despite Dua's cheap tactics and several Dua stans insulting anyone who questioned the song's recent rebound. :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

Yeah and Billboard didn’t change a single rule for Taylor. Remain pressed troll. I’m still sleeping soundly at night :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Content Curators
8 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Yeah and Billboard didn’t change a single rule for Taylor. Remain pressed troll. I’m still sleeping soundly at night :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

They did change the rules last year but gave Taylor enough time to react and surprise drop folklore with 8 covers, also enough time for Cardi B to sell pre-orders of fakely signed WAP vinyls that didn’t ship until 6 months later.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Invitation said:

They did change the rules last year but gave Taylor enough time to react and surprise drop folklore with 8 covers, also enough time for Cardi B to sell pre-orders of fakely signed WAP vinyls that didn’t ship until 6 months later.

Don’t know how it’s allowed to sell an album with different covers. They supposedly want to discourage mass buying, but that’s exactly what they’re doing is encouraging it 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Don’t know how it’s allowed to sell an album with different covers. They supposedly want to discourage mass buying, but that’s exactly what they’re doing is encouraging it 

Each UPC barcode number is different..

Same CD but different barcode and catalog number 

12 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

all they play is like the same 5 songs over and over

YES@ This is what I was complaining about to my partner just a couple of days ago. It is the same songs looping day and night, like radio stations these days do not even need employees! Just a playlist and someone to press play. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Not BTS stans costing Dula Doop her first #1 in the US. I have to laugh, omg... :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

I mean, it really sucks, but the charts have been an absolute joke for these past 2 to 3 years, so it's whatever. They're really not worth paying attention to, as a lot of the time they don't represent success or the taste of the GP, which is what the charts should do. These days, it's all about payola and gaming the system with cheap-azz tactics. :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no: Fret not, Dula Doop, you can sleep soundly at night knowing that you've outcharted 95% of this and last year's #1s despite not having a #1 yourself. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw: I just don't understand why they change the rules so randomly. Huge revisions like this should be announced a month prior at the minimum. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

• Love 4
1 hour ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Not BTS stans costing Dula Doop her first #1 in the US. I have to laugh, omg... :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

I mean, it really sucks, but the charts have been an absolute joke for these past 2 to 3 years, so it's whatever. They're really not worth paying attention to, as a lot of the time they don't represent success or the taste of the GP, which is what the charts should do. These days, it's all about payola and gaming the system with cheap-azz tactics. :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no: Fret not, Dula Doop, you can sleep soundly at night knowing that you've outcharted 95% of this and last year's #1s despite not having a #1 yourself. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw: I just don't understand why they change the rules so randomly. Huge revisions like this should be announced a month prior at the minimum. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

The way you just changed how I look at it is *chef’s kiss* :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

• Haha 2
  • Content Curators
59 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

They made song sales from websites invalid according to @Invitation so like if you go to Dua’s website and download the track from there then it won’t count. I don’t know what else wouldn’t count 

Some of them still counted. They removed 4000 of them possibly because of mass buying / fans using VPN.

• Love 1

4000 sales removed from the official number? Are they serious? Are they seriously serious? This is basically what happened to Blackout! This is a scam! It WAS supposed to be a #1 hit! It is actually deserving of that position. Billboard sucks. I can't believe an established company would have to be afraid of that delusional BTS army fandom to pull **** like this. SMH. 

• Love 1

I don't disagree with sales being filtered, but you can't retroactively change the rules and alter the playing field. This is abuse of power. Throughout the tracking week, website sales were perfectly fine and eligible, and several other artists had used them in previous weeks, so Dua's team had no reason to assume they would no longer count. If they knew, they would have tried to boost the song a different way. The points were so close that it would have been feasible. They literally robbed her and her team of a #1 and there need to be consequences (orquestra version)

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block