Ava Max on Lady Gaga comparisons: why do we always compare women but not men

Jordan Miller

• Super Mods
9 hours ago, Style. said:

Give her a break already, it’s not like Gaga  has invented something in the first place. I respect Gaga as an artist, but she’s a Madonna wannabe herself. So don’t come for a new female who tries to achieve her dreams. Ava Max has a point though and it’s pretty relatable to the newly climate on the music industry. Why men can get away with everything and women has to bow down to other women in order to satisfy some power bottoms? :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

People on exhale, you also need a reality check! She’s talking about the men who run the scene now, yet you seem to be stuck at Justin Timberlake and Nsynk. Sweeties, we’re on 2020 and nobody is thinking about some fads from the last two decades. There are literally a bunch of men rappers who are doing NUMBERS, they even look alike, but somehow they get away with it. See Migos, DaBaby, Lil Baby, Lil Uzzi Vert, Travis Scott, Bruno Mars and The Weeknd, etc. 

GIVE ME A F BREAK! 

PREACHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Ava Max is wack and isn't bringing anything new to the table,  but... Gaga fans need to stop gatekeeping and get a grip lol, stop acting like Gaga is the most original popstar alive.. don't act like Gaga didn't also get inspired from the work of Gwen Stefani, Xtina Aguilera, Madonna, Bowie, Nina Hagen and Grace Jones ... it goes on and on . "The Fame" era was basically a mix of Xtina, Gwen Stefani, Britney & Madonna on ster0ids and a massive dose of coke.

Gaga fans need a reality check and stop acting like Gaga is edgy, progressive or innovative, It has been shown that the quality of her art depends almost entirely on the people she surrounds herself with, whether it's geniuses or yes-men. When she fired her old creative team back in 2011 (people like Laurieann Gibson, Dada) etc that's when her career started going downhill. She kinda got back on her feet now but she never went back to the quality she had in her peak. 

• Like 3
22 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Ava Max can't escape the Lady Gaga comparisons. 

She was asked about it in a new interview. She says she loves Gaga, but doesn't get why people compare women and not men (which I don't agree with btw). 

The quote wasn't originally in English, so this is the Google Translation, but you'll get the gist.  

She was asked which artists influence her. 

"For me Beyoncé is number 1. Mariah Carey, I have said it on other occasions, it was also very important. In a way, she was the first to teach me to sing, when I was 9 and 10 years old, I kept listening to her and imitating her."

Thoughts, Exhale? 

ava-gaga.jpg.b52a202d2c56d4e9ec489fb5134ff433.jpg

Ava sweety, don’t act like you’re surprised...

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block