Ava Max on Lady Gaga comparisons: why do we always compare women but not men

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Ava Max can't escape the Lady Gaga comparisons. 

She was asked about it in a new interview. She says she loves Gaga, but doesn't get why people compare women and not men (which I don't agree with btw). 

The quote wasn't originally in English, so this is the Google Translation, but you'll get the gist.  

People always compare ... Although with a particularity: the comparison always appears with female artists. Never with men. I love Lady Gaga, but it's strange that they only always compare women.

She was asked which artists influence her. 

"For me Beyoncé is number 1. Mariah Carey, I have said it on other occasions, it was also very important. In a way, she was the first to teach me to sing, when I was 9 and 10 years old, I kept listening to her and imitating her."

Thoughts, Exhale? 

ava-gaga.jpg.b52a202d2c56d4e9ec489fb5134ff433.jpg

• Love 2

Give her a break already, it’s not like Gaga  has invented something in the first place. I respect Gaga as an artist, but she’s a Madonna wannabe herself. So don’t come for a new female who tries to achieve her dreams. Ava Max has a point though and it’s pretty relatable to the newly climate on the music industry. Why men can get away with everything and women has to bow down to other women in order to satisfy some power bottoms? :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

People on exhale, you also need a reality check! She’s talking about the men who run the scene now, yet you seem to be stuck at Justin Timberlake and Nsynk. Sweeties, we’re on 2020 and nobody is thinking about some fads from the last two decades. There are literally a bunch of men rappers who are doing NUMBERS, they even look alike, but somehow they get away with it. See Migos, DaBaby, Lil Baby, Lil Uzzi Vert, Travis Scott, Bruno Mars and The Weeknd, etc. 

GIVE ME A F BREAK! 

• Love 2
  • Like 6

Also, I wonder what’s not sitting right with the media and the GP in general when a white female pop star doesn’t have “the rights and the necessary freedom” to cite as her main influence a BLACK woman? :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud: Oh, well... I think we know. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:
I repeat, Gaga has invented nothing and Ava Max has all the freedom in the world to cite whoever she wants as her main influence. 

6 minutes ago, Style. said:

Also, I wonder what’s not sitting right with the media and the GP in general when a white female pop star doesn’t have “the rights and the necessary freedom” to cite as her main influence a BLACK woman? :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud: Oh, well... I think we know. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:
I repeat, Gaga has invented nothing and Ava Max has all the freedom in the world to cite whoever she wants as her main influence. 

This is a joke right? Considering the media licks Bey's ***

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Style. said:

Give her a break already, it’s not like Gaga  has invented something in the first place. I respect Gaga as an artist, but she’s a Madonna wannabe herself. So don’t come for a new female who tries to achieve her dreams. Ava Max has a point though and it’s pretty relatable to the newly climate on the music industry. Why men can get away with everything and women has to bow down to other women in order to satisfy some power bottoms? :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

People on exhale, you also need a reality check! She’s talking about the men who run the scene now, yet you seem to be stuck at Justin Timberlake and Nsynk. Sweeties, we’re on 2020 and nobody is thinking about some fads from the last two decades. There are literally a bunch of men rappers who are doing NUMBERS, they even look alike, but somehow they get away with it. See Migos, DaBaby, Lil Baby, Lil Uzzi Vert, Travis Scott, Bruno Mars and The Weeknd, etc. 

GIVE ME A F BREAK! 

"There are literally a bunch of men rappers who are doing NUMBERS, they even look alike, but somehow they get away with it. See Migos, DaBaby, Lil Baby, Lil Uzzi Vert, Travis Scott, Bruno Mars and The Weeknd, etc."

Kinda racist tbh :janet:

But please continue preaching about Ava while stating that all the popular black artists look alike :ricackle:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

She's wrong about the "only women get compared" argument; Usher, JT, JB, Bruno and The Weeknd have all been compared to MJ and/or Prince at various times in their careers.

Also she keeps saying that she's inspired by artists like Mariah and Beyonce despite her style and sound literally being Gaga circa 2009. And I still remember when she said that Madonna is her biggest inspiration, yet when asked what her 3 favorite Madonna songs were, she struggled to name the third one and simply called it "the minute one, with JT".  :hahaha:

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, thebritmaster said:

"There are literally a bunch of men rappers who are doing NUMBERS, they even look alike, but somehow they get away with it. See Migos, DaBaby, Lil Baby, Lil Uzzi Vert, Travis Scott, Bruno Mars and The Weeknd, etc."

Kinda racist tbh :janet:

But please continue preaching about Ava while stating that all the popular black artists look alike :ricackle:

I will continue as I please. Is there a problem? :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Back to those bunch of men who mumble, dress and act the same yet nobody have a problem with it. This is not racist, it’s just facts. All I see now is a bunch of power bottoms who are howling here and there about how two women wore the exact cape. Why there will never be a thread about how Travis Scott is ripping off Wayne’s style?:shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Style. said:

GIVE ME A F BREAK! 

Rich of you to come for Gaga when you sport a profile pic of a woman who copied her looks at her peak and is also known for hating other women :billie:

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Slomana said:

Rich of you to come for Gaga when you sport a profile pic of a woman who copied her looks at her peak and is also known for hating other women :billie:

Gaga at her peak was a whole Cartoon Network character ripping off Madonna and David Bowie’s style yet you’re getting brave like that. She came back looking like a perdue chicken because no one was here for her .99 gimmicks. :tifflmao:

Also, Nicki hates on whom? Your plain stupid. Sorry, but I’m not sorry because you know what? Come with your f receipts otherwise kiss my disney. :tifflmao:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block