Road to 500 million: Britney-the album

Time has come for another Britney milestone.

This time, it's Britney- the album.

81Nl3qIA9oL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

As it has been gaining around 250-300k streams per day, it's getting closer to 500 million streams on Spotify.

This milestone will give Britney 7/9 albums with at least over 500 million streams

(Britney Jean and Glory are the only albums excluded)

britney_spears__2001__by_elusivemusicbox

I'm A Slave 4 U remains the most streamed track.

As of April 2024, Overprotected (the album version) is yet to hit 100 million mark.

The least streamed song is the bonus track- Before The Goodbye.

Britney-Album-Wallpaper-britney-spears-1

A mini-milestone that should be accomplished this month will be Cinderella hitting 10 million streams. That milestone will  give this album 7/15 songs over at least 10 million streams.

20210209+Random+J+Pop+%2528Album+review%

When the album hit 500 million streams, it will be added to very unreliable but still widely used- Chartmasters-basic tool bar.

STREAM THE ALBUM:

Will be added to:

Edited by Neydelinska Spearsi
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, SJK said:

Does anyone know what the red symbol is at the bottom left corner on the album cover? 

I noticed it a long time ago and It was never there before 

That would have to be the logo for the German TV Station Pro Sieben or Pro7, meaning they sponsored the launch in Germany at the time. 

Edited by Propagandalf
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Isla said:

So it was? I thought it was just used for a commercial there.

It was. I remember the music video (the performance from DWAD) being on MTV every day. Actually, that was how I knew Britney. It was the first song/video I watched of her. :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

Anticipating holds such a special place in my heart.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
26 minutes ago, Propagandalf said:

That would have to be the logo for the German TV Station Pro Sieben or Pro7, meaning they sponsored the launch in Germany at the time. 

It's annoying cause it's not supposed to be on the album artwork yet Spotify uses one with that logo on it. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Isla said:

It's annoying cause it's not supposed to be on the album artwork yet Spotify uses one with that logo on it. 

Yup terrible: low-res, logo of some TV station not many know of and most sadly, unsaturated, faded colours...:teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

Even bootlegs look better than the stupid choice all of the streaming services went for in this case. :howdareyou_meme_cat:

Animated GIF

Edited by Propagandalf
  • Love 1
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Propagandalf said:

Interesting, it was never there until like two years ago.

I wonder why it only pertains to online album covers and not the physical copies  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Propagandalf said:

Yup terrible: low-res, logo of some TV station not many know of and most sadly, unsaturated, faded colours...:teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

Even bootlegs look better than the stupid choice all of the streaming services went for in this case. :howdareyou_meme_cat:

Animated GIF

Yesss and if I had my way, Baby One More Time would have the international cover too!

• Love 1

Deserves at least 500-600 thousand a day.  It didn’t have that HIT on the same level as bomt, oops, toxic, but it is more of a consistent album than the first 2 imo.  Lonely should have been a single without a doubt.  I still think they should have put the crossroads soundtrack bundled with it.  Could have been her 3rd diamond album.

• Like 3

I turned it while going to work yesterday and it was so good <3 I knew before of course it’s my favorite album but didn’t listen to it several months (the whole album).. every next track was incredible it’s like you think this is the the perfect track for this moment and then comes another even better 😅 it’s always fun listen to her while walking or traveling 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, SJK said:

Interesting, it was never there until like two years ago.

I wonder why it only pertains to online album covers and not the physical copies  

Actually there was a physical version of Britney that was released in Europe in 2001 with the Pro7 logo plastered on it, having 13 tracks, which should be falsely categorised by the streaming platforms, since they offer the deluxe 15-track version. 

It's registered under Jive cat. no. #9222522 on Discogs:

https://www.discogs.com/release/1965262-Britney-Britney

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block