What do you think of Harry Potter?

11 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

That book is one of the most useless and boring books evar :bang:

I had to read and study that **** for my 6th grade exams and im pressed on how intolerable that **** was :ban:

The story of a girl named "Kat piss" goes to suicidal-competition where teenagers go and waste the reason they were born on earth :bang:

The book is one of the most overrated franchises of all timmmeeee :bang:

The Hunger Games is an allegory of society :bang:

It’s a modern classic whether you like it or not :bang:

5 minutes ago, SumoCyco2017 said:

Lookin at u Twilight fans, ya in the same boat!

Twilight is entertaining, but it's definitely basic :tiffanynod:

• Haha 2

I remember waiting and queueing every time a new book was released, sweet times. I agree, it was huge phenomenon and i think it still is, little kids become obsessed with it too, as soon as they watched the movies.

But i have to be honest,  for me, The lord of the rings is a better creation and much more complex than harry potter, even if the books are difficult to read (specially the first one).

• Love 4

Lol

I remember falling asleep in the cinema while watching one of the movies a few years ago.:airpls:

Honestly, I've given it a try too many times and it simply doesn't click with me. I find the movies boring. The lore is interesting and okay.:cheese:

I read the first two books. They were fine but that's about it. 

I prefer Lord of the Rings. :tiffdrink:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2

I loved it as a kid. I read all of the books, but I read them so young that I don't remember them tbh. I have all of the movies. I used to go to the midnight premieres of the movies.

I always want to do a re-watch marathon but I never get farther than Goblet of Fire. :katycry:

This thread is kinda making me want to try again though.

• Love 2

I’ve seen all the films and loved it. I started reading the books in 2018 after having watched the movies. To date, I’ve only read the first 4 books. It’s astonishing to me how different the books and movies are... tbh I think I enjoyed the books more. Far more vivid and detailed and it gave some backstory to some of the things I didn’t quite understand from *just* watching the movies. 

My bf, on the other hand, LOVES harry potter and he’s the reason I started reading the books. He read all the books the moment theybwere released and it basically defines his childhood/teen years.

• Love 2

I grew up with and love Harry Potter. I already loved to read when I was little and it just carried me through my adolescence.

The first book was read to us in like grade 3 story time? lol and I loved it and then continued from there. I would devour the books as soon as I got them and re-read them constantly and go to all the midnight showings of the movies. the movies weren't as good obviously but still fun to see books come to life like that. 

I actually listen to the audiobooks on a quiet volume to help me fall asleep every night - just something familiar and soothing so I don't go into an anxiety spiral lol. highly recommend! 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block