Katy Perry takes a pie to the face in new "Smile" music video

• Content Curators
40 minutes ago, MX3 said:

I get Sherry Pie vibes from this era.

I know that's not fair but it's true. It just reminds me of creepy, pervy sherry pie. (rupauls drag race S12 contestant for those who don't know)

Her makeup, her style scream way more like Crystal Methyd if you are actually trying to be accurate. 

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
5 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

It's cute, and I like the visuals a lot. I like how she commits to everything fully. Plus, her music and visuals are weirdly refreshing when compared to how dark pop music has gotten these days. :donewithit:

it'd be much better to me if Katy was actually inside the gaming world exploring, like California Gurls. I needed that to love the music video.

@Jordan Miller Don't you think the narrative of the video is kind of a love letter to her upcoming daughter? At the end of the video when the screen says 'You win', she holds her daughter in her hands and sings 'I'm so grateful'.

The video is adorable, it really makes the song sound like a soundtrack for an animation. Also, of the animation type of videos out there, the production for this one is top notch and one of the best for sure.

She's not taking herself serious and, for the times that we're living in, this is the right way to go. Not everything has to be ****, adult, graphic. There is time and place for both but it's not the way she's going right now, specially since she's pregnant and her daughter is coming soon.

I still don't understand why people are stuck in the past and still craps on her, but oh well. :surething:

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Invitation said:

Maybe it's just me, but I still love Glory era to death. Maybe the music video was crap, maybe it didn't perform as well commercially, but critically it's not a flop. Make Me... was such a mature turn that no one would see Britney doing. It will forever be a beautiful collection of work and Britney soothing vocals for me. Invitation, Man On The Moon, Just Luv Me, Just Like Me and so many others... i'd never see Britney doing them beforehand and those songs were masterpieces and criminally underrated. It was overall a nice surprise and it could definitely stand on its own among Britney's discography. 

Katy on the other hand, I didn't hear anything new unfortunately. I like Smile, HiH, NRO but only NRO could match her last great song, Chained To the Rhythm.

Don't get me wrong. I love some of the songs on Glory. I loved Just Luv Me. It is THAT song. But nothing from that era was really commercially successful.  It's sad but true. However, fun pop songs and colorful visuals is what Katy is known for. So this Smile theme is right up her alley. I think its too early to say what Smile will be like. I like the fact that she doesn't take herself too seriously and everything is fairly lighthearted with her. It's a nice escape from the really sucky reality of Covid and politics. I'm excited what this era from her will look like. Obvi, I love Briney. I wouldn't be here if I didn't. But Glory didn't do it for me. I want a Blackout 2.0!

• Love 2

This whole clown music video is a bit too... On the nose :katyclown: for me. They could have gone really conceptual high fashion clowning with this but it's just too literal. 

I give her props though, for working this hard while pregnant! It shows that she really loves what she's doing and I think that's infectious, so I dig the song!!

• Content Curators
13 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

Don't get me wrong. I love some of the songs on Glory. I loved Just Luv Me. It is THAT song. But nothing from that era was really commercially successful.  It's sad but true. However, fun pop songs and colorful visuals is what Katy is known for. So this Smile theme is right up her alley. I think its too early to say what Smile will be like. I like the fact that she doesn't take herself too seriously and everything is fairly lighthearted with her. It's a nice escape from the really sucky reality of Covid and politics. I'm excited what this era from her will look like. Obvi, I love Briney. I wouldn't be here if I didn't. But Glory didn't do it for me. I want a Blackout 2.0!

Her visuals this era isn't that great imo, but very possibly due to pregnancy and COVID

My favorite thing about Katy is her tour. She actually puts on a great show with great production and live vocals obviously.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Invitation said:

Her visuals this era isn't that great imo, but very possibly due to pregnancy and COVID

My favorite thing about Katy is her tour. She actually puts on a great show with great production and live vocals obviously.

Im jealous you've seen her in concert! Yeah, her visuals so far haven't been great. Hopefully the new vids for her old singles will be great! :imacat: 

also, @Roxxy come back to us girl! :imacat:

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
24 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

Im jealous you've seen her in concert! Yeah, her visuals so far haven't been great. Hopefully the new vids for her old singles will be great! :imacat: 

also, @Roxxy come back to us girl! :imacat:

I have a feeling they will either be lyrics video or animated ones. Can’t imagine her filming one like Never Really Over or evening HiH when she’s pregnant. She only said it’s new visual.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block