A MASSIVE explosion takes place in Lebanon

Some new information y'all, the situation is very critical:

Eemv2CrXsAITORH?format=jpg&name=small

- hundreds of people are still under the rabble, a UN vessel has been damaged & several soldiers are wounded, thousands of people injured, dozens of buildings are destroyed

- Lebanese authorities are advising the people in Beirut to leave the city if they can because of toxic substances in the air due to the explosion. An orange cloud is up in the air, and it is reportedly due to more than 2,700 tons of nitrate of ammonium that have caused the explosion. 

- The explosion has been heard in Cyprus (230 kilometres from Beirut).

- The seaport is completely destroyed (reminder: 90% of world trades are exchanged by the sea...) & several stocks are destroyed: billions of dollars of commodities destroyed

EemRG17XsAE3q3E?format=png&name=large

Eel83YyWoAAH7mP?format=jpg&name=large

Eel5hfUXYAAYTei?format=jpg&name=medium

Eel5hfRXkAU9UGP?format=jpg&name=medium

- Hospitals are damaged & saturated, many victims are transferred in other hospitals of the country

EemllLhXYAM1qek?format=jpg&name=large

(not adding graphic content, some may not appreciate the view of blood)

This explosion is really happening in a bad time in Lebanon, in the midst of a political, health & economical crisis. The damage seems incredibly huge (a seaport costs billions of dollars, hospital material is hugely expansive, and it occurred in an expensive place in the city) and Lebanon is probably going to face an even worse crisis... 

The high buildings didn't fall, the second picture is a close-up compared to the first one, however, most of them have shattered windows and others damaged foundations & pillars

EemYV9WXYAQGzvD?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Love 3
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

OMG I hope there has been any update on him!? I will keep him in my prayers tonight :wontcry: 
2020 sucks

Aw.. thanks for asking 
She just texted me some minutes ago, she received some stiches on her head in the hospital, she says that after the explosions there were crystals flying everywhere and a lot of people was injured.
Fortunately she is now home :tysm:..

• Love 4
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Barajas said:

Aw.. thanks for asking 
She just texted me some minutes ago, she received some stiches on her head in the hospital, she says that after the explosions there were crystals flying everywhere and a lot of people was injured.
Fortunately she is now home :tysm:..

Oh I’m so glad to hear your friend is okay! That must have been terrifying for her. I don’t think I’ve seen an explosion so big before. Well, except in movies but that’s fictional.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, conceptuel said:

Some new information y'all, the situation is very critical:

Eemv2CrXsAITORH?format=jpg&name=small

- hundreds of people are still under the rabble, a UN vessel has been damaged & several soldiers are wounded, thousands of people injured, dozens of buildings are destroyed

- Lebanese authorities are advising the people in Beirut to leave the city if they can because of toxic substances in the air due to the explosion. An orange cloud is up in the air, and it is reportedly due to more than 2,700 tons of nitrate of ammonium that have caused the explosion. 

- The explosion has been heard in Cyprus (230 kilometres from Beirut).

- The seaport is completely destroyed (reminder: 90% of world trades are exchanged by the sea...) & several stocks are destroyed: billions of dollars of commodities destroyed

EemRG17XsAE3q3E?format=png&name=large

Eel83YyWoAAH7mP?format=jpg&name=large

Eel5hfUXYAAYTei?format=jpg&name=medium

Eel5hfRXkAU9UGP?format=jpg&name=medium

- Hospitals are damaged & saturated, many victims are transferred in other hospitals of the country

EemllLhXYAM1qek?format=jpg&name=large

(not adding graphic content, some may not appreciate the view of blood)

This explosion is really happening in a bad time in Lebanon, in the midst of a political, health & economical crisis. The damage seems incredibly huge (a seaport costs billions of dollars, hospital material is hugely expansive, and it occurred in an expensive place in the city) and Lebanon is probably going to face an even worse crisis... 

The high buildings didn't fall, the second picture is a close-up compared to the first one, however, most of them have shattered windows and others damaged foundations & pillars

EemYV9WXYAQGzvD?format=jpg&name=900x900

This is like some ww2 league explosion. And the biggest in almost fifty years since Chernobyl i think? I’ve never heard of such a thing taking place in my lifetime 🤯😭

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

This is like some ww2 league explosion. And the biggest in almost fifty years since Chernobyl i think? I’ve never heard of such a thing taking place in my lifetime 🤯😭

I wouldn’t be able to answer that question, as the circumstances are different for each case (Lebanon isn’t a war zone & it occurred in a very dense place: the capital city & such a thing doesn’t occur that often). In terms of structure, it’s a mix between Switzerland & Miami. Considering that it is a small country (4-5 million inhabitants), the damage is pretty huge and the consequences are probably going to be quite disastrous (there’s 1 million Syrian war refugees in the country rn, 20-25% of the population) economically-speaking, as the cost to rebuild a capital is high expensive. 

21 minutes ago, kypryan said:

i have a friend who's from lebanon i texted him to see if he's ok etc he told me (we lost our home, but family and i we're fine, just happy to be alive) that was insane, i can't believe that 2020 still sucks even more day by day :crying1: 

Glad that your friend is ok!

Did he stay in Beirut? I’ve heard that the authorities advised the citizens to move to another city because of chemical products... I hope that they’ll be fine!

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I'll be honest. I first saw this on Twitter and thought that it had to be a fake since it was so HUGE and no news had reported it yet by then. But then a few minutes later, I realized it was a true fact. Omg. I bet the deathtoll will just go up. Poor people! 

It was quite obvious that this was something more than just "fireworks" or whatever they first claimed it to be. Fireworks factories have been burning in China before and none have made this damage. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, conceptuel said:

Glad that your friend is ok!

Did he stay in Beirut? I’ve heard that the authorities advised the citizens to move to another city because of chemical products... I hope that they’ll be fine!

i don't know bc we didn't talked that much only that one message, i didn't want to bother him with more questions you know :( 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Towelney said:

Some say it was due to a firework factory exploding.

there must be something else to cause a huge explosion like this one but if that's the reason (or if it's also a factor), it'll trigger me so much.the same thing happened here in turkey a while ago (I mean, it wasn't as big but people died and it caused damage).fireworks are unnecessary and hurt animals (give birds heart attacks and kill them, scares other animals etc), it's bad for nature/environment and they also can kill people apparently.

back to the topic, whatever the reason is, if it happened due to neglect...I don't even know how to explain myself.I am so upset.death is always saddening but when I see lots of people of different ages dying or getting severely injured in accidents or something, it hits differently.and the people who survived it are going to keep on suffering because of the after-effects.let alone living it yourself, thinking about it is depressing.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block