Do people actually care about Beyoncé?

I couldn’t agree more. She is made out to be this TITAN of the music industry. A global super star comparable to Michael Jackson. 

The reality is, she doesn’t come close to him. 

She is a talented performer and singer no debate.  

She certainly is not a one of a kind though. 

One could even argue her sister is of higher calibre. 

Her music is very niche and alt. 

• Love 2

For me, Beyonce is completely overrated. So annoying to see every single person treat her like God. I really don't get it. I understand her appeal and some of her work deserves success but everything she touches is overly praised. She could literally take a **** and everyone would flip out calling it the best **** in history. I mean for God's sakes her child is nominated for a BET Award, that's so stupid. There are other artists out there that deserve success a lot more than she does.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, MeNowAlways said:

One could even argue her sister is of higher calibre. 

Her music is very niche and alt. 

This 100%. Solange is actually legit. Beyoncé's artistry feels completely fabricated to be edgy and critically acclaimed. She's moved towards critically acclaimed albums rather than albums that are just a conglomeration of pop singles but it doesn't feel genuine to me. I still remember when her fan base was SHOCKED she didn’t win the Grammy over Beck who plays seven different instruments and her songs were all written by a team of 10-15 different people.

8 hours ago, lol1984 said:

Beyonce also sings from palyback, only has new vocals recorded for concerts (PRE-RECORDED)

Never said she did nor did not, so don’t know what you’re trying to prove. A lot of artists use it when necessary, still doesn’t detract from the fact that her performances have been great or the fact that her Coachella performances set a high bar to clear. 

11 hours ago, NotLouTaylor said:

Oh please, don't act like you don't know what you were doing. You talked about critical acclaim, a grammy award literally embodies the whole concept of critical acclaim, it's the pinnacle of critical acclaim (for a lot of stans). Imagine getting influenced by critics lol, that's the problem with stan culture, a lot of stans will force themselves to like an album just because  it's "critically acclaimed" :tina:

She's good at what she does but i wouldn't say she is a complete artist. She is an entertainer at best. Lemonade is praised for being this black female empowerment album meanwhile there are literally 70+ credited writers on it and 80% of them are old white men. It’s ridiculous how successful her label has been in creating this image for her as a creative revolutionary artist and cultural icon when in reality all she does is sing and dance. 

Her music used to be good. Some of y’all will disagree but she used to actually sing back in the day. Now she screams into the mic and it’s all trash. She kinda has this “I’m a powerful woman” thing going on right now which I’m not diggin too much. I liked her old sweeter music.

Also i don't care if an artist is cool or relatable or whatever, i was talking about spontaneousness, naturalness, everything Bey does is calculated and i'm not into it, it's predictable because you just know that she's going to be 100% perfect (robotic) at it and it becomes lifeless. Failures, cracks, vulnerability, are some of the things that make an artist interesting and make us want to know more about them. Beyoncé seems boring af to me. 

I would respond to your nonsensical tirade about the greatest artist to come out this century but you already called her perfect twice so you already know that she's the Queen. You just need to Bow Down.

• Love 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2020 at 4:10 PM, NotLouTaylor said:

I still remember when her fan base was SHOCKED she didn’t win the Grammy over Beck who plays seven different instruments and her songs were all written by a team of 10-15 different people.

The AOTY grammy is not a songwriters award and has nothing to do with that. Beck was beat by Celine Dion for the same award in 1995 and she didn't have a single writers credit... 

• Love 1
  • 2 years later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block