Do people actually care about Beyoncé?

Maybe she's more of a nostalgic act now? Like Madonna, people revere her as the Queen and she gets ton of respect from the media and people, but her artistry today doesn't connect with GP. She still sells out shows because of the level of performer she is and her extensive catalog of music. She stays relevant by collabing with younger "it" artists but does her own thing on her solo work. 

• Love 5
  • Like 4
  • Super Mods

I just think she has a good PR team. See how they swoop in like FBI and tried to take down all those unflattering photos of her super bowl show. I mean you can sell anything with a good promotion. Look how Apple gave off a perception of high value and coolness that allows them to command high prices. Why you think movie studios wine and dine those Oscar voters to sway them to get their votes, because they know that  film with awards would be perceived more special and worth while to the masses. Like wouldn’t you want to own the oscar wining movie? So yeah she just knows how to promote herself well and a good backing team. She’s a hard worker and her father instilled that in her plus with the best resources. It’s easy to Influence the masses, I mean Jeffree Star does it

• Love 2
  • Like 7

Well in the US, there is alot of hype for her, but in countries part of Asia or Europe, she is not really that talked about.

Her album sale standards are quite low, because the fact her last studio album has only sold 2.5 million, but is still called a hit. However if any major album-selling act like britney or adele have their album sell 2,500,000 people would be quick to deem it as a flop. However, Beyonces album sale standards are low because her best-selling album has sold 11 million and does not ven have one diamond album. 

However, her fans cant accept that her sale standards are low, so they would do anything to inflate her numbers.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

Well in the US, there is alot of hype for her, but in countries part of Asia or Europe, she is not really that talked about.

Her album sale standards are quite low, because the fact her last studio album has only sold 2.5 million, but is still called a hit. However if any major album-selling act like britney or adele have their album sell 2,500,000 people would be quick to deem it as a flop. However, Beyonces album sale standards are low because her best-selling album has sold 11 million and does not ven have one diamond album. 

However, her fans cant accept that her sale standards are low, so they would do anything to inflate her numbers.

PERIAT 

Not to mention the fact that Rihanna is more of a star in Europe than Beyonce. Everything about her is just an epic marketing team. Her last hit in Europe was.... Drunk In Love!? The US can have her. :shameless:

• Love 3
  • Haha 2
  • Like 3
9 minutes ago, Style. said:

PERIAT 

Not to mention the fact that Rihanna is more of a star in Europe than Beyonce. Everything about her is just an epic marketing team. Her last hit in Europe was.... Drunk In Love!? The US can have her. :shameless:

Rihanna compared to Beyonce...Rihanna is more relevant in Europe and Asia compared to Beyonce. Rihannas last hit was in 2016 (work & this is what you came for) were the second and third best-selling singles of 2016 internationally. Also, not to mention that if we subtract Beyonces lemonade US sales from her overall sales, Lemonade wouldve sold only 1 million.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Rihanna compared to Beyonce...Rihanna is more relevant in Europe and Asia compared to Beyonce. Rihannas last hit was in 2016 (work & this is what you came for) were the second and third best-selling singles of 2016 internationally. Also, not to mention that if we subtract Beyonces lemonade US sales from her overall sales, Lemonade wouldve sold only 1 million.

The fact that Lemonade was a diss to Jay Z because he was cheating on her and she’s still married with him proves that Beyonce ain’t about THAT life she howls about in those whack songs. :weusay:

I’m not saying she sucks as an artist, but she just ain’t that bich. She’s OVERRATED as hell! 

• Love 3
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1

I mean.... I do think she is overhyped because she's treated by the media of the second coming of Christ and if you're not a fan you're "racist" or if you have any critique over her performances, it's "she's too perfect, you hate women!!!!!" :ririshade2:

Aside from that, I have to say the hyping up of Beyonce in the media is what makes her album sales seem so low, if she were any other star, the sales would be fine but when you compare all of the media attention she gets, it makes it seem quite low. 

@Blackout2006 said it best :oprah:, she is way more local than her contemporaries as most of her sales come from the US but she IS still successful so eh. I like some of her songs, mostly off of I Am... Sasha Fierce, not really a fan anymore of her music because I listen to music to get away from politics even though I know she is an inspiration to many and is doing something great and giving young kids who are Black someone who they can see in the media who looks like them and allow them to be proud of their heritage and culture so I can respect her for that.

As a performer, she is talented, absolutely. She's not a Female Micheal Jackson and her performances are definitely getting a lot more credit than what they are a lot of the time, but at this point, she's probably really the only performer who can actually put on a show right now.

• Love 1
  • Like 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block