Do people actually care about Beyoncé?

1 hour ago, Deyonce said:

Exhale is weird. Y'all will praise a woman (who I love) that hasn't consistently sang live since 2000, and has had two consecutive "flop" records but then drag a woman who has received more acclaim, and who does everything you'd want Britney to do (sing live, dance well, release acclaimed albums, maintain relevancy). I honestly don't get it. The Beyoncé hate train is real here and I think it's rooted in jealousy. 

Preach! Beyoncé is a work MACHINE! The visual albums alone are amazing and you can see other artists branch out to do it. (I also give Kanye and Lana some props for that in the early days but on the dedication lvl Beyoncé put into it).

i mean her Coachella performance alone was masterful. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2
  • Content Curators
1 hour ago, YvonneSpears said:

Well when she stops **** rapping and starts slaying vocals again get at me! Let's not forget who's sold more albums and came up independently and didn't need a girl group to become famous or need a famous husband to keep her relevant!

next season 8 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Aren’t Britney and Beyoncé both normal girls from the south that were driven by money hungry parents into the music industry :katyclown:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, YvonneSpears said:

Well when she stops **** rapping and starts slaying vocals again get at me! Let's not forget who's sold more albums and came up independently and didn't need a girl group to become famous or need a famous husband to keep her relevant!

next season 8 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

what group? the one with 99,9% of the songs singed by beyoncè herself? :makeup:

and those girls wasn't able to achieve a solo career so i don't know in which way they have helped Beyoncè :makeup:

The joint album is a huge flop and this prove that her husband  only ruined her :lessons:

On 8/2/2020 at 1:27 AM, Puppy said:

I just think she has a good PR team. See how they swoop in like FBI and tried to take down all those unflattering photos of her super bowl show. I mean you can sell anything with a good promotion. Look how Apple gave off a perception of high value and coolness that allows them to command high prices. Why you think movie studios wine and dine those Oscar voters to sway them to get their votes, because they know that  film with awards would be perceived more special and worth while to the masses. Like wouldn’t you want to own the oscar wining movie? So yeah she just knows how to promote herself well and a good backing team. She’s a hard worker and her father instilled that in her plus with the best resources. It’s easy to Influence the masses, I mean Jeffree Star does it

This.

I think for one, nobody can take away the fact that she is insanely good live. She can steal songs and ideas, but she delivers divinely on stage.  She works hard. If she refused to rehearse or put in the work, she wouldn't be able to pull of her shows. That helps build her legend up. Why that success doesn't translate to sales? I think she is too specific now. Her music is kind of niche and so is her narrative. I don't think it is designed to sell worldwide. She doesn't make traditional pop music and doesn't market it as such. In many ways, you need a certain educational background to understand everything she references. It's not a straightforward path and not everyone likes that.

I also think she has turned herself into an annoyingly unapproachable semi-godess, which is too absurd and out of touch. She has dehumanized her image. Part of why people buy so much from Taylor Swift, for instance, is because despite being so rich, she has kept her image more in the "girl next door, I understand what you are feeling and going through,my friend" lane. Beyoncé is simply unrelatable and projects an attitude of "nobody deserves my presence." Whether that is how she truly feels or not is beyond me, but I guess people have a difficult time connecting with that.

• Love 2
  • Like 6
8 hours ago, Deyonce said:

Exhale is weird. Y'all will praise a woman (who I love) that hasn't consistently sang live since 2000, and has had two consecutive "flop" records but then drag a woman who has received more acclaim, and who does everything you'd want Britney to do (sing live, dance well, release acclaimed albums, maintain relevancy). I honestly don't get it. The Beyoncé hate train is real here and I think it's rooted in jealousy. 

NOBODY is denying her talent, but does an artist really need to do all these extra things to be a good artist ?  That's subjective. Most of those things you listed are just gimmicks/smoke & mirror/tropes. For example, why do ppl care so much about grammys and sales? You don't need grammys to make a cultural impact, Bob Marley and Tupac never won any grammy and yet they're more famous than Beyoncé. We're not saying that Beyoncé sucks, we're just saying that her whole perfect goddess persona feels forced at this point. It's just boring now. Perfection is boring. Britney may not be as talented as Bey but at least she has a personality. Bey is like an android. Soulless, flavorless, all smoke and mirrors, no substance. Great dancing, great singing, but where is the soul ?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Aren’t Britney and Beyoncé both normal girls from the south that were driven by money hungry parents into the music industry :katyclown:

Yes they do have that in common but there is something elitist about her that I do not like. Don't get me wrong I stan her songs where she belts out some really beautiful songs,  but I dislike when she does songs like 7/11. I'm just disappointed with the direction she has gone in the past. I will forever love Destinys Chid and Beyoncé but i think there are other talented artist who deserve recognition as well.

4 hours ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

what group? the one with 99,9% of the songs singed by beyoncè herself? :makeup:

and those girls wasn't able to achieve a solo career so i don't know in which way they have helped Beyoncè :makeup:

The joint album is a huge flop and this prove that her husband  only ruined her :lessons:

So I guess Kelly's 4 Studio albums, 3 Compilation albums , 3 EPs, 20 Singles, 2 No. 1 Hits, and  4 Top 10 Hits means she isn't successful?

With ALL 4 of her albums landing within the top 12, 3 of them being top 10. That sounds pretty successful to me .

Proud Kelly Rowland GIF

Michelle Williams has 4 Studio albums , 1 Compilation album, 16 Music videos, and 10 Singles.

All 4 of her albums charted on the Billboard 200! She has 1 No. 1 Hit , 4 Top 10 Hits, 1 top 20 Hit.

im out michelle williams GIF by RealityTVGIFs

Last time I checked someone charting means that people are listening which means your successful at what you do.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Cedar Lane said:

Preach! Beyoncé is a work MACHINE! The visual albums alone are amazing and you can see other artists branch out to do it. (I also give Kanye and Lana some props for that in the early days but on the dedication lvl Beyoncé put into it).

i mean her Coachella performance alone was masterful. 

Beyonce also sings from palyback, only has new vocals recorded for concerts (PRE-RECORDED)

• Like 1

Beyonce makes art. I would never argue that she doesn't. I like some of her music, but not all of it. It doesn't have the mass appeal as it used to, but honestly she doesnt have to worry about that anymore. 

I think why some of us Britney stans get caught up or call her overrated, is because she gets so much praise for whatever she makes, and our girl gets called names and over critiqued.....Beyonce made the choice to be a true artist, while Britney has never been ever allowed the choice to do what she really wants. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, NotLouTaylor said:

NOBODY is denying her talent, but does an artist really need to do all these extra things to be a good artist ?  That's subjective. Most of those things you listed are just gimmicks/smoke & mirror/tropes. For example, why do ppl care so much about grammys and sales? You don't need grammys to make a cultural impact, Bob Marley and Tupac never won any grammy and yet they're more famous than Beyoncé. We're not saying that Beyoncé sucks, we're just saying that her whole perfect goddess persona feels forced at this point. It's just boring now. Perfection is boring. Britney may not be as talented as Bey but at least she has a personality. Bey is like an android. Soulless, flavorless, all smoke and mirrors, no substance. Great dancing, great singing, but where is the soul ?

When is singing live, dancing well, and releasing good art "extra". I didn't mention Grammys at all because I think they're mostly irrelevant. YOU brought that up. And I like perfection. Perfection is consistent and reliable. Anytime Beyoncé does something I never worry about her embarrassing herself and the Hive. And thank you for acknowledging that she is almost perfect which essentially discredits almost every attempt to drag her. And Beyoncé has a personality, believe it or not. She just doesn't do a lot of public appearances because it's not her job. I'm not looking for a best friend or cool person in Beyoncé; I'm looking for an artist. And on that she always delivers. I don't understand the obsession with everyone wanting their faves to be so "relatable" and "personable" these days. We don't know these people. And some of the people we think are nice could actually suck (like Ellen).

• Love 1
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, Deyonce said:

When is singing live, dancing well, and releasing good art "extra". I didn't mention Grammys at all because I think they're mostly irrelevant. YOU brought that up. And I like perfection. Perfection is consistent and reliable. Anytime Beyoncé does something I never worry about her embarrassing herself and the Hive. And thank you for acknowledging that she is almost perfect which essentially discredits almost every attempt to drag her. And Beyoncé has a personality, believe it or not. She just doesn't do a lot of public appearances because it's not her job. I'm not looking for a best friend or cool person in Beyoncé; I'm looking for an artist. And on that she always delivers. I don't understand the obsession with everyone wanting their faves to be so "relatable" and "personable" these days. We don't know these people. And some of the people we think are nice could actually suck (like Ellen).

1fd72d510bd8ffbd7f59715e53d20ab4.gif

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Deyonce said:

Oh please, don't act like you don't know what you were doing. You talked about critical acclaim, a grammy award literally embodies the whole concept of critical acclaim, it's the pinnacle of critical acclaim (for a lot of stans). Imagine getting influenced by critics lol, that's the problem with stan culture, a lot of stans will force themselves to like an album just because  it's "critically acclaimed" :tina:

She's good at what she does but i wouldn't say she is a complete artist. She is an entertainer at best. Lemonade is praised for being this black female empowerment album meanwhile there are literally 70+ credited writers on it and 80% of them are old white men. It’s ridiculous how successful her label has been in creating this image for her as a creative revolutionary artist and cultural icon when in reality all she does is sing and dance. 

Her music used to be good. Some of y’all will disagree but she used to actually sing back in the day. Now she screams into the mic and it’s all trash. She kinda has this “I’m a powerful woman” thing going on right now which I’m not diggin too much. I liked her old sweeter music.

Also i don't care if an artist is cool or relatable or whatever, i was talking about spontaneousness, naturalness, everything Bey does is calculated and i'm not into it, it's predictable because you just know that she's going to be 100% perfect (robotic) at it and it becomes lifeless. Failures, cracks, vulnerability, are some of the things that make an artist interesting and make us want to know more about them. Beyoncé seems boring af to me. 

• Love 1
On 8/1/2020 at 6:26 PM, NotLouTaylor said:

For all the hype Beyoncé gets her numbers/sales are rather underwhelming... 

I've always wondered why Beyoncé's music is fleeting and you see it dropping so quickly from the charts. Also why despite her massive hype her numbers do not add up when it comes to streams and sales.

For someone of her caliber and that is placed in such a lofty and high position by the media you'd think she would be doing much better numbers but she is out charted/performed by other acts that don't get the same level of hype. Her last three projects have done underwhelming numbers all things considered and her latest album Lemonade dropped rather quickly from the Billboard Top 200 chart while you still see ANTI by Rihanna (for example) remaining on the chart all this time and older albums by Adele and Swift among others.

Don't get me wrong, I like Beyoncé but there is definitely a discrepancy between the way she is portrayed (by the media in particular) and her actual numbers. Why do you think that is?

beyonce-care.jpg.9ecfbc64d360631e496a2fbf552ad208.jpg

Because she pays for it. She's obsessed with her legacy and, in large part, it is manufactured. There's no way she should have more Grammy awards than Madonna, Whitney, and Mariah combined. There is just no way.

Her talent is incredible and she works with great people and delivers a great final product, but it is incredibly hyped. To an extent, it undermines that great work other people are doing. There is also so little interest in her celebrity. She would benefit from interviews, from showing weakness, or from just being more relatable. There is nothing relatable about her.

All that said, she should be considered among the greats, but not above all.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block