The VEGAN thread

28 minutes ago, TheySayImCrazy18 said:

I Tried So Hard To Be Vegan, I Just Couldn’t Do It.  I’m Weak Like That Lol. 

Aww good on you for trying babe!

:clap:

its definitely not for everyone and you gotta do what’s right for your body. I have many friends who have tried to go vegan but it just didn’t work for them 

• Love 1

Hey, first ever post and it's gotta be in this thread, that's the reason I signed up really: I saw it in the main website :gagasmile:

I have been vegan for 3+ years now. Went vegan initially as a trial, to test myself and see how I reacted to only plants in my diet. Then I did some research, watched some documentaries, and made sense to stay vegan, for the environment, for the animals, and because I felt great. 

Favourite products? I try to eat as much whole foods as possible, but if I gotta pick a product, then I'd say anything from Deliciously Ella. She's massive here in the UK.

My favourite meals to cook (I'm obsessed with cooking vegan food) would be pesto pasta, moussaka and chickpea brownie. I've got recipes for all, actually I can eat chickpeas on anything. Hummus is my patronus giphy.gif

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ExXL said:

I'm vegan , and I love Indian and Asian food, but I like vegan burgers and vegan pizzas too sometimes .... I need to start eating more healthy tho because mostly I eat vegan junk food :yaknow:

Me too!! I’ve been so bad with my diet since lockdown 

1 hour ago, nivekrag said:

Hey, first ever post and it's gotta be in this thread, that's the reason I signed up really: I saw it in the main website :gagasmile:

I have been vegan for 3+ years now. Went vegan initially as a trial, to test myself and see how I reacted to only plants in my diet. Then I did some research, watched some documentaries, and made sense to stay vegan, for the environment, for the animals, and because I felt great. 

Favourite products? I try to eat as much whole foods as possible, but if I gotta pick a product, then I'd say anything from Deliciously Ella. She's massive here in the UK.

My favourite meals to cook (I'm obsessed with cooking vegan food) would be pesto pasta, moussaka and chickpea brownie. I've got recipes for all, actually I can eat chickpeas on anything. Hummus is my patronus giphy.gif

omg welcome welcome! 

Same, I went vegan too because I felt for animals but I didn’t think I’d last very long but I ended up loving it.

Yesssss, love Ella. I have her cookbooks and follow her YouTube recipes.

im obsessed with her sweet potato brownies 

18 minutes ago, nwonder said:

Me too!! I’ve been so bad with my diet since lockdown 

omg welcome welcome! 

Same, I went vegan too because I felt for animals but I didn’t think I’d last very long but I ended up loving it.

Yesssss, love Ella. I have her cookbooks and follow her YouTube recipes.

im obsessed with her sweet potato brownies 

I know right? she's fantastic! :) nice to meet you!

• Love 1

I have been meat-less for 10 years, vegan for 3 but not too strict about it because I don't believe in going too extreme to just one side.

I love to cook, especially vegan shepherd's pie, various "veganized" Mediterranean dishes etc. 

Luckily, there is a lot more to choose from in the recent years and with a little bit of a research, vegan diet can be so flavorful and amazing!

jared leto vegan GIF 

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, IgorMarleyBasic said:

I have been meat-less for 10 years, vegan for 3 but not too strict about it because I don't believe in going too extreme to just one side.

I love to cook, especially vegan shepherd's pie, various "veganized" Mediterranean dishes etc. 

Luckily, there is a lot more to choose from in the recent years and with a little bit of a research, vegan diet can be so flavorful and amazing!

jared leto vegan GIF 

That’s amazing!

what made you go veggie 10 years ago?

Soo true, you gotta do it in the way that works best for you.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, nwonder said:

That’s amazing!

what made you go veggie 10 years ago?

Soo true, you gotta do it in the way that works best for you.

I was never a fan of meat. Growing up on an island I loved fish and sea food but other meats were not a part of my diet since my body was sort of rejecting it. 

I thought to myself:

- if we can choose to kill and eat animals, they should be able to do the same...

- meat is bad for the environment and we should help this planet recover and be a better place to live in 

- meat is full of antibiotics and other poisons, poor animals are kept in the worst possible conditions, I can't put that into my body

A lot of people didn't understand my point of view or still don't, but that's ok. To each his own. I would just love for people to get a bit more informed and educated. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, IgorMarleyBasic said:

I was never a fan of meat. Growing up on an island I loved fish and sea food but other meats were not a part of my diet since my body was sort of rejecting it. 

I thought to myself:

- if we can choose to kill and eat animals, they should be able to do the same...

- meat is bad for the environment and we should help this planet recover and be a better place to live in 

- meat is full of antibiotics and other poisons, poor animals are kept in the worst possible conditions, I can't put that into my body

A lot of people didn't understand my point of view or still don't, but that's ok. To each his own. I would just love for people to get a bit more informed and educated. 

Love this!

I wish I thought like this 10 years ago 

• Love 1

Im into the theory that everythings got a proposal, there's are animals & plants that came to life to bring life to others,  i hope in the future balance diets between meats and plants , and cultivate more and reduce cost for many people to wanna be vegan and they can't for cost of many substitutes. 

Im in theory to have a mixed diet, eating plant substitutes bring you more healthy food, i would like in the future after this situation to eat more plants. 

• Love 1

I was inspired to go vegan after hearing about the potential meat shortages/price increases due to the pandemic, and I've been able to stick to it for the last 4/5 months. The only thing I'm not super strict about is sugar and honey. KIND Bars are my fav treat, and they have small amounts of both. If anyone knows of a truly vegan alternative that's available in the States, lmk!

I'm not much of a cook, so my meals are kinda boring, haha. Breakfast is usually an apple or pear with nut butter, lunch is Banza pasta (made of chickpeas) with marinara and steamed veggies, and dinner is a burrito bowl with cauliflower rice, black beans, avocado, and salsa. After dinner, I'll usually have more fruit, like a mango or some pomegranate. Nothing too exciting, but super quick and easy!

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block