The VEGAN thread

Vegetarianism is too much for me to handle, let alone veganism :pieceofwhat:

Still, I'm wondering how did you manage to be that muscular while being vegan? :umomg:

It must be extreeeeeeeeeemely difficult to keep providing your body what nutriments it needs with such a regime. Just wondering, how much do you train per week & how 'strict'/'harsh' is your diet? (not trying to be muscular, I wouldn't fit for a girl anyway) :beyfedup: Congrats 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, IgorMarleyBasic said:

if we can choose to kill and eat animals, they should be able to do the same...

- meat is bad for the environment and we should help this planet recover and be a better place to live in 

However, in the end humans are top of the food chain. Yes, eating animals like tiger and exotic stuff like that is very cruel, but there is a way to kill an animal humanely. The main problem is that in many factories, an animal is treated so poorly and cruel, when there are more better alternatives. 

Well its kind of unfair to say that only meat is bad for the enviorment, when humans go to forest and cut, destroy acres of land to pursue agriculture to grow vegetables, leaves and fruits. One main example should be the Amazon rain-forest. In the end, it is technically killing many animals because their losing their "homes" or habitats.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, CandyCoatedHeartShapes said:

I was inspired to go vegan after hearing about the potential meat shortages/price increases due to the pandemic, and I've been able to stick to it for the last 4/5 months. The only thing I'm not super strict about is sugar and honey. KIND Bars are my fav treat, and they have small amounts of both. If anyone knows of a truly vegan alternative that's available in the States, lmk!

I'm not much of a cook, so my meals are kinda boring, haha. Breakfast is usually an apple or pear with nut butter, lunch is Banza pasta (made of chickpeas) with marinara and steamed veggies, and dinner is a burrito bowl with cauliflower rice, black beans, avocado, and salsa. After dinner, I'll usually have more fruit, like a mango or some pomegranate. Nothing too exciting, but super quick and easy!

That’s amazing!

How’re you finding it and are you missing meat?

I actually make my own milk using a blender - blend cashews, oats, medjool dates, vanilla vegan protein and you have your own milk!

• Love 1
14 hours ago, conceptuel said:

Vegetarianism is too much for me to handle, let alone veganism :pieceofwhat:

Still, I'm wondering how did you manage to be that muscular while being vegan? :umomg:

It must be extreeeeeeeeeemely difficult to keep providing your body what nutriments it needs with such a regime. Just wondering, how much do you train per week & how 'strict'/'harsh' is your diet? (not trying to be muscular, I wouldn't fit for a girl anyway) :beyfedup: Congrats 

For me personally, it hasn’t been a struggle as I find that plant protein is enough for me. I eat a lot of lentils, broccoli, tofu and greens. (Although I’ve been eating a lot vegan junk food since lockdown)   I found that my gym routine improved after cutting out meat and I had much more energy to work out more often.

But it’s a different for everybody. I know some people struggling to maintain their weight on a veggie diet. 

I’m not vegan or vegetarian, but I’m a religious person. I’m orthodox I don’t eat meat on Wednesdays and Fridays. It helps me. I feel incredible on those days because I cut everything that contains meat, eggs, milk, cheese, etc. Basically I’m eating only vegetables which is wonderful for the body. Don’t laugh. :kidcries:
I never considered going fully vegan or vegetarian though, I feel like I’m not ready. 

• Love 1
  • Content Curators

im only 17 but im really considering going vegan, my mom doesnt want me to until i stop growing (yes i am still getting taller and taller :deadbanana:) simply because meat doesnt excite me anymore and i have grown to be really picky. I dont like pork, i dont like seafood, dont like turkey, hate eggs, im not the kind of person that would drink milk straight up. so chicken is really all i eat but it kinda is starting to gross me out. i think i would go vegetarian first, but if u know of any actual good milk or meat substitute brands pls let me know 

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, nwonder said:

That’s amazing!

How’re you finding it and are you missing meat?

I actually make my own milk using a blender - blend cashews, oats, medjool dates, vanilla vegan protein and you have your own milk!

That sounds so good!

I'm eating most meals at home by myself these days because of the lockdown, so it's not too hard to stick to this diet, since there's not much temptation. None of my friends or family members are vegan though, so it'll probably be harder to maintain when we can start our normal socializing again.

• Love 1
On 7/27/2020 at 7:14 PM, Britneyarmy8 said:

im only 17 but im really considering going vegan, my mom doesnt want me to until i stop growing (yes i am still getting taller and taller :deadbanana:) simply because meat doesnt excite me anymore and i have grown to be really picky. I dont like pork, i dont like seafood, dont like turkey, hate eggs, im not the kind of person that would drink milk straight up. so chicken is really all i eat but it kinda is starting to gross me out. i think i would go vegetarian first, but if u know of any actual good milk or meat substitute brands pls let me know 

That’s how I did it too! 

I went veggie first. I was only gonna do a two week meat detox but I ended up loving veggie food I just stayed with it and then a year later I was vegan 

• Love 1
On 7/27/2020 at 7:55 PM, CandyCoatedHeartShapes said:

That sounds so good!

I'm eating most meals at home by myself these days because of the lockdown, so it's not too hard to stick to this diet, since there's not much temptation. None of my friends or family members are vegan though, so it'll probably be harder to maintain when we can start our normal socializing again.

Ha ha I was the only vegan in my group of friends and family and now nearly all of them have either gone vegan or veggie 

• Like 1
On 7/27/2020 at 7:54 AM, Blackout2006 said:

However, in the end humans are top of the food chain. Yes, eating animals like tiger and exotic stuff like that is very cruel, but there is a way to kill an animal humanely. The main problem is that in many factories, an animal is treated so poorly and cruel, when there are more better alternatives. 

Well its kind of unfair to say that only meat is bad for the enviorment, when humans go to forest and cut, destroy acres of land to pursue agriculture to grow vegetables, leaves and fruits. One main example should be the Amazon rain-forest. In the end, it is technically killing many animals because their losing their "homes" or habitats.

There’s no humane way of killing. In the past we consumed eat as a race, but nowadays is no longer necessary. 

I have been vegan for almost a year. Best decision of my life.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I am pescatarian for now as I was very picky and going from meet to vegetables, was a massive step for me. I eat fish sometimes, but mainly vegs, which is already great! And why? Well if you see how badly animals are treated and how inhumanly are being killed.. that is why. No excuse, fish is also very badly treated, but I guess I relate more to mammals.

For anyone who eats meet, at least have a go on the internet and check videos on how animals are being treated and tortured to end up in your dish, it is the leats everyone should do before deciding eating meet.

• Love 1

I just came here to say that y'all live a miserable life. :crying1:

Spoiler

jk I just cut out red meat because I felt guilty eating red meat as mammals are intelligent and I recently became friends with a cow. :crying1: I like fish too much doe. Maybe I'll cut out dairy, oat milk isn't bad. I'm also trying to reduce my carb intake. Fish and chickens are stooopid. I don't feel guilty eating those.  :letitburn:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
On 7/31/2020 at 5:47 AM, bryceecyrb said:

I just came here to say that y'all live a miserable life. :crying1:

Reveal hidden contents

jk I just cut out red meat because I felt guilty eating red meat as mammals are intelligent and I recently became friends with a cow. :crying1: I like fish too much doe. Maybe I'll cut out dairy, oat milk isn't bad. I'm also trying to reduce my carb intake. Fish and chickens are stooopid. I don't feel guilty eating those.  :letitburn:

Why would that be?

Let me say, I logically and morally agree with veganism. I believe being vegan truly is the right way to go for your health and spirit. I’ve been vegan off and on. I’ve been vegetarian off and on. Are you familiar with Dr. Sebi’s alkaline electric diet (which is also vegan)? I’ve been that, too.

I was most recently on Dr. Sebi’s diet & I started feeling extremely weak. It was exhausting moving my muscles, I felt like I was gonna fall out. So, I knew the way I was getting protein wasn’t “enough” for me. I bought chicken breast and ate grilled chicken. I immediately felt better and got my strength back. 

I’ve been eating meat and dairy ever since. Cheese is the biggest weakness. But I do not eat a lot of meat - I’ve invested in protein shakes. Since I’ve found a good protein shake, I’ve been considering trying that alkaline electric diet again. But...cheese!!!

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block