The VEGAN thread

Not at all but I have been implementing a veggie day once a week with my parents. I once read about a study that showed eating veggie even 1 day per week has a serious positive effect on the environment which I think is important.

However I don't get the no eggs and no milk part. Cows need to be milked and chickens need to lay eggs, consuming those eatables doesn't harm any of the animals...so why that would be a problem to anyone is beyond me.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

However I don't get the no eggs and no milk part. Cows need to be milked and chickens need to lay eggs, consuming those eatables doesn't harm any of the animals...so why that would be a problem to anyone is beyond me.

1. it's awful for the environment
  2. once they stop producing eggs or milk, those same chickens and cows are then exploited for other purposes (meat, etc.)
  3. cows don't magically produce milk out of nowhere - they need to be repeatedly impregnated

If you eat eggs or milk you're still harming the environment and supporting that same awful industry with your money.

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:
  1. it's awful for the environment
  2. once they stop producing eggs or milk, those same chickens and cows are then exploited for other purposes (meat, etc.)
  3. cows don't magically produce milk out of nowhere - they need to be repeatedly impregnated

If you eat eggs or milk you're still harming the environment and supporting that same awful industry with your money.

But if you have chickens of your own and eat those eggs without buying them in store, how could that be bad? I mean chickens HAVE to lay eggs right? And if it's straight from the garden onto your plate then it shouldn't be harmful to the environment?

So yeah eggs doesn't seem a good reason to cut IF you have your own chickens OR of you get them straight from the farmer without, again, a big mass producer of eggs.

In my country a LOT of bio farmers sell their chickens eggs straight to the customer with no big factory or store involved. Their chickens also have the best lives they could have.

I give you the milk part tho, didn't think about that.

33 minutes ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

But if you have chickens of your own and eat those eggs without buying them in store, how could that be bad? I mean chickens HAVE to lay eggs right? And if it's straight from the garden onto your plate then it shouldn't be harmful to the environment?

So yeah eggs doesn't seem a good reason to cut IF you have your own chickens OR of you get them straight from the farmer without, again, a big mass producer of eggs.

In my country a LOT of bio farmers sell their chickens eggs straight to the customer with no big factory or store involved. Their chickens also have the best lives they could have.

I give you the milk part tho, didn't think about that.

This video explains the POV of vegans better than I ever could, but it's kind of a gray area (also, trigger warning for animal abuse, I guess):

Some vegans are willing to make the exception when it comes to rescued backyard hens (@0:18):

• Love 2
  • 4 weeks later...

I am also vegan. I have celiac, so I cannot have gluten either. I also eat mostly organic 😅

I like to exercise everyday, so getting a proper amount of iron is important to me. I like these plant protein elixir drinks by Rebbl. The mcts provide a good amount of natural energy as well. 

Made Good is an Awesome brand! They make organic gluten free vegan granola.

i became vegan because I Believe that each life deserves to he lived.

if an animal must be sacrificed, they should at least have a life outside of the confinements of a cage, First. Being caged and sentenced to slaughter is punishment. They deserve Better Treatment, and Respect. 

Their Lives Are Important, And their hearts beat in their chests, just like a human’s.

EveryOne Deserves To Enjoy Life 🙏💖

• Love 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block