Your country & the COVID-19 pandemic

I’m in Flori-DUH and our numbers are skyrocketing!  I can’t believe the number of people who are not wearing masks or just wearing them incorrectly.  Some areas in South Florida have even announced that their beaches will be closed for the 4th of July weekend.  This should be interesting.  At this point the best choice may be to just...looney tunes florida GIFLooney Tunes Nothing To See Here GIF

• Haha 2
14 hours ago, Midnight said:

Things are getting worse here too. People here don't seem to care though, last saturday I went out to get some things and places were full of people. I tried avoiding but some just don't understand what 6ft of distance means even after I would give them dirty looks, some just don't get it. My neighbours have been throwing party's a lot more often now than they have in the past, at least they play good music :haha: though It's sad how some don't care for their health. This is so depressing I want to go on vacation I miss the beach :crying4:

I miss the beach too:tiffanycries:

wbk the US is a mess but i'm proud of my state! we were one of the most pro-trump states and had the most hated, awful governor in the country up til last november when it flipped to a young democrat. he handled it so well, we've done so well compared to the state surrounding us (excluding WV but that state is very isolated and has like, half our population size with no major cities) despite having one of the absolute most at risk populations (huge rates of lung disease due to smoking still being widespread). they've managed to contain it so one county has 25% of all cases too which is good because the eastern portion of the state (I'm from there) is incredibly poor like some of the poorest in the entire nation, medically underserved like crazy, have very high rates of all risk factors especially lung disease even more than the remainder of the state. our governor has given some really nice reassuring briefings on the situation and gotten memes made about him, and our state apparently was the one with the most approval for how its governor handled the pandemic at least back in May. some memes circulated comparing the response in TN vs here and how much unimaginably worse it is in TN, even accounting for the bigger population, and how we reacted quicker. 

NY and were slowly reopening... we should be entering part two of Phase IV this week. Our numbers continue to trend down. Restaurants are open for business both inside and outside as long as tables are 6 feet apart. Hair and nail salons opened a few weeks ago. Masks are required everywhere. Due to skyrocketing numbers almost everywhere else in the country, the governor is requiring a 2 week quarantine to anyone returning from a high risk state (I don’t know why anyone would even want to travel to those places to begin with). It’s nice to see our state doing so well and having things open again, but it’s terrifying to see the rest of the country’s cases reaching record highs. Stay safe everyone :nervousney:

I live in Belgium, we went into lockdown relatively early (mid-March) and things are now slowly going back to normal. Bars and restaurants are open again (with certain precautions of course), everyone is allowed to see up to 10 different people a week, from tomorrow events will be allowed again (up to 200 people indoors and 400 outdoors, but only if the venue is big enough to allow for social distancing), and it's now possible again to travel within the EU. There has been no new surge in infections since restrictions have been lifted, which is a relief - we have less than 100 new infections a day now and numbers seem to keep going down so far (fingers crossed). I'm so so happy I'm finally able to see my friends and family again and to go out for drinks. The first time I went to a bar again after all these months felt amazing. I'm slowly starting to feel like a person again.

I hope things will soon get better for those of you who are still living under strict lockdowns, my thoughts are with you and please stay safe everyone <3

I’m in Chihuahua, Mexico (right under texas) and we are one of the only states in Mexico where the rate of infection is going down BUT people in my pueblo aren’t wearing masks :jeanluc: they are enforcing masks at the capitol so thats good :mhm: but every state around us is in the red along with Texas going crazy...I’m kind of glad I’m in the middle of no where but its still scary :nervousney:

Everything here is open like normal more or less, some places have some restrictions.

Overall the number of corona-infected people has gone up since reopening, but so has the number of tests administered daily. So the rate of infection has likely not actually been rising.

Overall, the number of people seriously ill from corona/on respirators here is wayyy down from the peak in March/April. Its only a couple dozen at any given time.

Either the virus has naturally become much less harmful or hospitals have simply learned to treat it more effectively. Its slipping quickly into irrelevance despite there not yet being a vaccine or specific cure.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block