"Dangerous Woman" is a far more superior album than "Thank U, Next" (opinion)

29 minutes ago, Adriannn said:

‘Thank U Next’ and ‘7 Rings’ are rather memes than songs. TUN in general was a lot better than I expected, but DW is the real deal. ‘Into You’ deserved to be a top 10 hit. Aaaand I mean, ‘Touch It’, ‘Thinking Bout You’ and ‘Knew Better/Forever Boy’ are masterpieces. Bite me 

Yessss!!!!

Agreed, "Dangerous Woman" is an exceptional album that should have been more recognized by the general public. But to compare the album to "Thank U, Next," that's two different story lines. For me, "Dangerous Woman" is about a woman exploring her sexuality, and understanding what is lust and what is love. With "Thank U, Next," that album dives into her past relationships, and its significance throughout her life. They're different narratives, and shows the growth of Grande's work.

However, we are here to discuss about the tracks off the album. Just comparing track list, "Dangerous Woman" has a stronger set (even though I can't stand "Side To Side"). My personal top picks from "Dangerous Woman" would have to include:

1. Bad Decisions
  2. Knew Better/Forever Boy (not to mention, Knew Better Part II)
  3. Sometimes

Dangerous Woman had some of her best work:

• Dangerous Woman
  • Be Alright
  • Into You
  • Side to Side
  • GREEDY - LOVE THIS SONG, should of been a single!
  • Leave me lonely
  • Bad Decisions
  • Touch It
  • Thinking bout u

I didn't really like Thank U Next expect for her singles

- Alestaos

1 minute ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Saying Sweetener is her worst album,  But it is the album that won Ariana her only grammy for best pop vocal album

The singles from sweetener were phenomenal. She deserved a Grammy for best pop vocal album for sweetener, but it’s still her worst album. It’s sloppy, the songwriting on the album tracks are subpar, and she boasted about having a Beyoncé reject on the album (which was one of the worst songs on the album). Sweetener as an album was an embarrassment...hence why we got TUN 6 months later 

:weusay:

• Like 1

Hmmm...I guess for me its all about connection and the individual:mattafact:. For me, Dangerous Woman is fun, **** and mature. It also stays on focus. In the end I connected to TUN way more and I feel like its one of the best pop albums of that decade  :ari: TBH TUN should have came after Dangerous Woman because Sweetener was ok but it didn’t show growth as an artist :nopingout:

FACTS, tbh. 

the bummer is that 'Thank U, Next' was the one that got all the praise and given the 'Album of the Year' nomination, but I agree 'Dangerous Woman' was so much better as an album. The vocals on 'Moonlight', 'Greedy', 'Dangerous Woman' ..... gahhh. 

I remember when Ariana Grande first came to light, I  felt like we had no idea who she was as an artist. The first album was straight R&B, and it was great. I  remember this instant Mariah Carey comparisons. Then came 'My Everything' and all of a sudden we drifted into the pop sound of the moment. It was confusing. For me, 'Dangerous Woman' was the album that pulled everything together and I finally GOT Ariana Grande. 

Don't get me wrong, 'Sweetener' and 'Thank U, Next' have some real bops, and I'm a fan.... I just think 'Dangerous Woman' was the album that really made me fall in love with her voice, and I'm bummed she seems to not be a fan of it anymore.

20 minutes ago, dr35 said:

FACTS, tbh. 

the bummer is that 'Thank U, Next' was the one that got all the praise and given the 'Album of the Year' nomination, but I agree 'Dangerous Woman' was so much better as an album. The vocals on 'Moonlight', 'Greedy', 'Dangerous Woman' ..... gahhh. 

I remember when Ariana Grande first came to light, I  felt like we had no idea who she was as an artist. The first album was straight R&B, and it was great. I  remember this instant Mariah Carey comparisons. Then came 'My Everything' and all of a sudden we drifted into the pop sound of the moment. It was confusing. For me, 'Dangerous Woman' was the album that pulled everything together and I finally GOT Ariana Grande. 

Don't get me wrong, 'Sweetener' and 'Thank U, Next' have some real bops, and I'm a fan.... I just think 'Dangerous Woman' was the album that really made me fall in love with her voice, and I'm bummed she seems to not be a fan of it anymore.

This!!!! 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block