Beyonce drops new song "Black Parade"

2 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

Beyoncé has never had a nose job. Wtf?! It doesn’t matter if she sang about black pride or to the left to the left, Beyoncé has never portrayed herself as white. FFS, in destiny's child they sang about wanting a thug in “soldier”...what “white pop star” sang about that? Your comment is the most ridiculous thing I’ve read this year...and I just debated with someone that couldn’t even type a complete sentence. Once again, it’s not Beyoncé’s fault if racists and soccer moms sang “single ladies” and assumed that she was a “white pop star”. Beyoncé’s parents have always been in the public with her since 1999. She’s never hidden them or tried to say she wasn’t black. Rihanna was once super pop too...was she trying to portray herself as “white” too? confused tonight show GIF

making fun of lack of knowledge of other users is not  acceptable on 2020, reported again

15 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

Beyoncé has never had a nose job. Wtf?! It doesn’t matter if she sang about black pride or to the left to the left, Beyoncé has never portrayed herself as white. FFS, in destiny's child they sang about wanting a thug in “soldier”...what “white pop star” sang about that? Your comment is the most ridiculous thing I’ve read this year...and I just debated with someone that couldn’t even type a complete sentence. Once again, it’s not Beyoncé’s fault if racists and soccer moms sang “single ladies” and assumed that she was a “white pop star”. Beyoncé’s parents have always been in the public with her since 1999. She’s never hidden them or tried to say she wasn’t black. Rihanna was once super pop too...was she trying to portray herself as “white” too? confused tonight show GIF

Oh please you’re just repeating rhetoric from an SNL skit.   “Racist white Soccer Moms” never thought she was white (whose the racist with stereotypes like that?).  Beyoncé Whitified herself to fit in with the white girl pop of the time.  Blonde relaxed hair styles, YES nose jobs (Google it), and bleached skin.  She moved away from her urban destiny’s child look and sound and situated herself alongside Gaga and other pop acts during that era with more mainstream pop sounds.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

Oh please you’re just repeating rhetoric from an SNL skit.   “Racist white Soccer Moms” never thought she was white (whose the racist with stereotypes like that?).  Beyoncé Whitifield herself to fit in with the white girl pop of the time.  Blonde relaxed hair styles, YES nose jobs (Google it), and bleached skin.  She moved away from her urban destiny’s child look and sound and situated herself alongside Gaga and other pop acts during that era with more mainstream pop sounds.  

If you truly think Beyoncé got a nose job and bleached her skin, then I cannot debate with you. 

gilbert gottfried trick GIF

7 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

@Jordan Miller Do you see this? This thread has brought out multiple racists. The first sentence of this guys comment is the most racist thing I’ve heard on this site! 

I think you’re just not used to real talk anymore since everyone *****foots around sjw topics now because of woke cancel culture.  You went along with mob mentality for so long you’re absolutely flabbergasted that someone dares sidestep your bubble wrapped world thats supposed to censor ideas you disagree with.

• Like 1

I think you’re just not used to real talk anymore since everyone *****foots around sjw topics now because of woke cancel culture.  You went along with mob mentality for so long you’re absolutely flabbergasted that someone dares sidestep your bubble wrapped world thats supposed to censor ideas you disagree with.

ha ha lol GIF

Was that supposed to make sense? Please, if anyone is going to debate with me, have the ability to form a complete sentence.

i can't laughing GIF by Wendy Williams

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

If you truly think Beyoncé got a nose job and bleached her skin, then I cannot debate with you. 

gilbert gottfried trick GIF

o-BEYONCE-NOSE-JOB-facebook.jpg&f=1&nofb

if you can be so wrong and strong about something as clear as the nose on her face, imagine all the other subtleties of life you’re wrong on that you’ll never investigate because you’re so sure of yourself. 

8 minutes ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

Oh please you’re just repeating rhetoric from an SNL skit.   “Racist white Soccer Moms” never thought she was white (whose the racist with stereotypes like that?).  Beyoncé Whitifield herself to fit in with the white girl pop of the time.  Blonde relaxed hair styles, YES nose jobs (Google it), and bleached skin.  She moved away from her urban destiny’s child look and sound and situated herself alongside Gaga and other pop acts during that era with more mainstream pop sounds.  

I don’t think Beyonce bleached her skin. She may have had a small rhinoplasty, though.

Just now, PuertoRicosFinest said:

o-BEYONCE-NOSE-JOB-facebook.jpg&f=1&nofb

if you can be so wrong and strong about something as clear as the nose on her face, imagine all the other subtleties of life you’re wrong on that you’ll never investigate because you’re so sure of yourself. 

That second pic is clearly doctored via Facetune 🤣 try again music video GIF

2 minutes ago, Ohmymy said:

I came here to praise the song and saw this turned into a whole racist debate because we can't have nice things. 

It’s a good song.  I like the melody a lot.  Genre aside it reminds me of classic Pearl Jam.  The subject matter is just tired, played out, cheap, and gimmicky.  The song could’ve been elevated so much more with a universal topic that wasn’t going to age so poorly.  It’s basically a meme song.

3 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

That second pic is clearly doctored via Facetune 🤣 try again music video GIF

Girl you’re in denial.  That pic is a screen cap from the super bowl performance straight from a huffington post article.  Ain’t no app that can do that to an image.  That’s classic Hollywood sausage nose.  And ain’t nothing wrong with getting a little work done.  

• Like 1

subject matter is just tired, played out, cheap, and gimmicky.  The song could’ve been elevated so much more with a universal topic that wasn’t going to age so poorly.  It’s basically a meme song.

I'm so confused by this...

The lyrics are literally about praising the black culture and everything that has been going on right now (e.g. orishas, riots, rubber bullets, fences, etc). It's sad to see that you consider those things not universal and the subject of memes. 

Read slowly my dear.  It takes some more time than others.

You’re telling me “...around sjw topics now because of woke cancel culture.” is supposed to be a complete sentence? Okay. I’ll let you think your comment made sense. Bless your heart. I’m done communicating with you.

i can't laughing GIF by Wendy Williams

I’d like to point out that there are a number of videos of YT pointing out how Beyoncé was always the “lighter skin” girl in destiny’s child. It was also pointed out that during her (I believe it was L’Oreal) campaign her skin was brightened in mags n commercials. Did Beyoncé request this? We do not know. Shes never spoken out about it. She’s kind of defended herself by reminding folks of her creole heritage. 

At the end of the day Beyoncé is a huge public figure and even when she addresses something thats going on in culture it comes across as calculated. Although it may come across that way I think we should focus on the overall message(s) she delivers. 

#BLM

36 minutes ago, Ohmymy said:

I'm so confused by this...

The lyrics are literally about praising the black culture and everything that has been going on right now (e.g. orishas, riots, rubber bullets, fences, etc). It's sad to see that you consider those things not universal and the subject of memes. 

“Being black, maybe that’s the reason why they always mad Yeah, they always mad, yeah Been past ’em, I know that’s the reason why they all big mad And they always have been... “

Us vs. Them.  You hear this all the time whenever militant blacks don’t want to face criticism of behavior of those in their community.  “You just big mad!” “Stay mad!”  

“I charge my crystals in a full moon You could send them missiles, I’ma send my goons... “

Coming off BLM riots where cities were destroyed and people were physically attacked,  this is the exact taunting rhetoric that is not helpful at all.

“Made a picket sign off your picket fence (Ah) Take it as a warning (Ah, ah)... “

More hostility toward America.  The white picket fence is a symbol of the American dream, and she’s saying she’s going to tear it down (like the riots) to push her message.  And then “take it as a warning”.  What, is that a threat?

“Need peace and reparation for my people ... “

It always comes back to reparations. Always. As if no other race in America was slaves (British POWs, and Irish) and all whites have slave owner ancestors (2% of whites owned slaves at its peak in America. Blacks owned slaves too).  But yet blacks are owed payment now for slavery.  Why?

“Talkin’ slick to my folk (My folk), lift that lip like lipo (Lipo)... “

Another physical threat.  If you talk to black people wrong, she says they’re going to lift their lip. ie: make it swollen with a physical assault.

This is a disgusting, irresponsible, trash song from a putrid artist who promotes violence, division, and hate.  Music and messages like this is the problem.

Forgive me if I’m being ignorant,  but if a black woman chooses to have a nose job why does that mean she’s being anti black?

To my knowledge black noses come in all shapes and sizes ... just like they do for the entire human race and there is no particular way a black nose or even lips , eyes are supposed to look to bee deemed as ‘black’  (unless you adhere to racial stereotypes). 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block