Madonna's 'Madame X' is underrated

11 hours ago, THE_MIKY said:

I mean, isn't this how music industry works?

They air what they want to be later on bought. Madonna has complain about ageism and how she will not be played on the radios due her age (because she IS still making hits) Music industry is too much about image rather than sound (sadly) but she is still one of the highest grossing singers when touring.
The ****** went too political (which I adore) but people can't handle artists having that kind of opinion.

but again if her fans would rally around her request her songs on radio inthe end radio stations and streaming services play on demand ... 

Cause it sucks? I mean...Future is like the worst track she EVER released. Also, her bad live performance at the Eurosong did her really bad. People mocked her and were laughing with her. The fact she then edited her voice and uploaded that version onto youtube, did add even more fuel. 

Medellin was also a bad single choice and is one of the weakest songs of the album, at some parts it sounds like she was wearing her grills again. 

Then we have the "tour" fiasco. Cancelled dates everywhere, extremely expensive, ... for a Madonna era, this era was extremely poor executed. She only shot like 2 videos which were God Control and Medellin, the other were either loops of a few seconds footage or in Dark Ballet's case, visuals that didn't even show Madonna.

Again, her WORST executed era and it feels like she wasn't even present during it.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

Cause it sucks? I mean...Future is like the worst track she EVER released. Also, her bad live performance at the Eurosong did her really bad. People mocked her and were laughing with her. The fact she then edited her voice and uploaded that version onto youtube, did add even more fuel. 

Medellin was also a bad single choice and is one of the weakest songs of the album, at some parts it sounds like she was wearing her grills again. 

Then we have the "tour" fiasco. Cancelled dates everywhere, extremely expensive, ... for a Madonna era, this era was extremely poor executed. She only shot like 2 videos which were God Control and Medellin, the other were either loops of a few seconds footage or in Dark Ballet's case, visuals that didn't even show Madonna.

Again, her WORST executed era and it feels like she wasn't even present during it.

worst executed but music wise she did create an album that was  interesting and fresh 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, migeal said:

worst executed but music wise she did create an album that was  interesting and fresh 

I don't agree. It sounded fresh at the time but imo it aged really badly. I used to really like the album but now I can't even listen to the first 3 tracks without stopping it and paying it dust.

It's a very forgetable record as well, it doesn't have something new and unique that people remember.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

She filmed a video for my favorite song on the album, BATUKA, which is now even more relevant than ever. #blacklivesmatter

Yes, the tour had some cancelations but the concert was FLAWLESS. I went to one of her Brooklyn concerts at the end of September 2019 and was floored how good it was. :ahhh:

That was the third tour by Madonna I visited and by far my favorite one. :yay:

Again, all opinions and experiences. But I think you are being a bit too harsh. Problems with her knee? We can't blame her for that... :reductive:

But, I do agree that she should've picked a better lead single. :brityes:

• Love 2

I think people don’t listen to her anymore because she’s old, which is sad. That’s the main factor. Secondly, the album did good numbers for something that wasn’t trend chasing. 
My favorite songs in this order are: Crave, Medellin, Future, Faz Gostoso, Batuka, God Control, I Rise, ***** I’m Loca. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Style. said:

I think people don’t listen to her anymore because she’s old, which is sad. That’s the main factor. Secondly, the album did good numbers for something that wasn’t trend chasing. 
My favorite songs in this order are: Crave, Medellin, Future, Faz Gostoso, Batuka, God Control, I Rise, ***** I’m Loca. 

Batuka and I rise are one of the best 

1 hour ago, IgorMarleyBasic said:

She filmed a video for my favorite song on the album, BATUKA, which is now even more relevant than ever. #blacklivesmatter

Yes, the tour had some cancelations but the concert was FLAWLESS. I went to one of her Brooklyn concerts at the end of September 2019 and was floored how good it was. :ahhh:

That was the third tour by Madonna I visited and by far my favorite one. :yay:

Again, all opinions and experiences. But I think you are being a bit too harsh. Problems with her knee? We can't blame her for that... :reductive:

But, I do agree that she should've picked a better lead single. :brityes:

This tour she has been even worse with curfews and blaming it on others. I think that's really not professional. Just admit it's your own fault and don't put the blame on others

39 minutes ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

This tour she has been even worse with curfews and blaming it on others. I think that's really not professional. Just admit it's your own fault and don't put the blame on others

You decide to concentrate on the negative, I decide to concentrate on the positive. :ririshade1:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

Madonna has always been late on her shows. The fact that everybody now is making a big deal. When I get tickets ti her concert. I plan to take my vacation that week. 

Ask your employees to take the next day off. My god it isn't that hard to do. 

It's been a well known fact since the sticky and sweet tour that she starts her shows at ten. Even with no opening act. 

• Like 1

MDNA got praised by cosmopolitan Magazine as the best post divorce album. 

Madonna is one of the few acts that gets better retrospective reviews.

She is the type of artist. That one listen doesn't do it justice. Which is the problem I see still. Certain albums takes a dozens of listens to finally click.

Erotica, Bedtime stories , American life,  MDNA, rebel heart and Now Madame X. Can be added to the first listen doesn't do it justice list. 

52 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

MDNA got praised by cosmopolitan Magazine as the best post divorce album. 

Madonna is one of the few acts that gets better retrospective reviews.

She is the type of artist. That one listen doesn't do it justice. Which is the problem I see still. Certain albums takes a dozens of listens to finally click.

Erotica, Bedtime stories , American life,  MDNA, rebel heart and Now Madame X. Can be added to the first listen doesn't do it justice list. 

Yes u get to appreciate the music lyrics and work she put into it much later 

10 hours ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

what are you talking about? She literally shot 5 music videos for this era, and all of them were amazing, you forgot Crave and Batuka exist?

Madame X is the first time since Confessions that we've seen Madonna genuinely reinvent herself again, she gave us a whole concept album and fascinating era. Hard Candy, MDNA, and Rebel Heart didn't really have strong themes, they were just regular blonde Madonna.

• Love 2

Anyways I completely agree with OP, this is my favorite album of the 2010s, extremely underrated.

With how the world is right now the album sounds even better. Songs like Dark Ballet, God Control, Future, Batuka, Killers, I Rise, sound so incredibly relevant to the current political landscape with the Coronavirus epidemic and resurgence of the Black Lives Matter movement. This album is an incredible masterpiece. I didn't like it on first listen, but after a few plays it really grows on you.

Honestly I think the Madonna fans that hate this album are her shallow brain-dead popper loving gay fans that only appreciate dance-pop music and are constantly whining about wanting a Confessions 2.0 and complaining about her collaborating with "rappers" (they tend to complain about this anytime she collabs with a black artist, even if they're not rapping). And then when she came out with Hard Candy and MDNA (two solid dance-pop albums), they still weren't satisfied. These fans don't appreciate what makes Madonna special, she makes music that makes you think, and has never liked to repeat herself. To these fans I say why don't you go stan someone like Kylie Minogue? Sorry if this offended anyone but I think its a big problem in the Madonna fanbase.

11 hours ago, HuffingAndPuffingOnStage said:

what are you talking about? She literally shot 5 music videos for this era, and all of them were amazing, you forgot Crave and Batuka exist?

Madame X is the first time since Confessions that we've seen Madonna genuinely reinvent herself again, she gave us a whole concept album and fascinating era. Hard Candy, MDNA, and Rebel Heart didn't really have strong themes, they were just regular blonde Madonna.

True, she reinvented herself and took us a year t o start to appreciate how good the album is 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block