Madonna's 'Madame X' is underrated

madame.jpg.c97c3c1981b458ab1f536b9a4d13168b.jpg

Why was Madonna's Madame X so underrated and not a commercial success?

The way the album was received reminded me of American Life which was one of her best albums  and ahead of its time with its message and topics it dealt with.

Madame X was as well one of Madonna most ambitious albums music wise , creativity wise and even the music videos.

"Dark Ballet" reminded me of the "Like A Prayer" video and song.

So why was Madame X overlooked? 

Does Madonna's age have to do with it? Is she expected to fail and go away and never do music again?

• Love 2
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, migeal said:

Why was Madonna Album Madame X so underrated and not a commercial success. the way the album was received reminded me of American Life which was one of her best albums  and ahead of its time with its message and topics it dealt with. Madame X was as well one of Madonna most ambitious albums music wise , creativity wise and even the music videos . Dark Ballet so reminded me of Like  Prayer Video and song . So why was Madame X overlooked , does madonna Age have to do with it , is she expected to fail and go away and never do music again ? 

Faz Gostozo deserves more 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

70 on Metacritic is good. Especially compared to "American Life". :sipney: She's been in the industry for almost 40 years. I think you're expecting too much in terms of commercial success. Besides, she's still a big touring force. It's just that no one cares about her new music besides fans, but that's completely normal. :idkney:

commercially dont have expectations but among her fans wasn't received very well as usually her albums do . even American life which wasn't commercially successful was loved by her fans.

• Like 3

The album is good and very global music wise, but I don't think it's up to the standards of Ray of Light, American Life, Music. 

The best tracks are: God Control, ***** I'm Loca, I Don't Search I Find and Ciao Bella.

The best lyric from the entire album: Quiero ser tu perra, también tu bebecita (I wanna be your *****, your little baby too). :madance:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, aleomg said:

The album is good and very global music wise, but I don't think it's up to the standards of Ray of Light, American Life, Music. 

The best tracks are: God Control, ***** I'm Loca, I Don't Search I Find and Ciao Bella.

The best lyric from the entire album: Quiero ser tu perra, también tu bebecita (I wanna be your *****, your little baby too). :madance:

production wise its surpasses American life the album is a sophisticated piece of work . with beats from every corner of the world its not even experimental the music is very good kind if Bjork meets Nelly furtado style 

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, migeal said:

production wise its surpasses American life the album is a sophisticated piece of work . with beats from every corner of the world its not even experimental the music is very good kind if Bjork meets Nelly furtado style 

Yeah, it's very ambitious, eclectic and creative in terms of production and styles. And the subjects treated on the album are not quite common. There is something for almost everyone. 

Love the comparative between Nelly Furtado and Bjork. :makeitrain:

mean girls glen coco GIF

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, aleomg said:

Yeah, it's very ambitious, eclectic and creative in terms of production and styles. And the subjects treated on the album are not quite common. There is something for almost everyone. 

Love the comparative between Nelly Furtado and Bjork. :makeitrain:

mean girls glen coco GIF

she took both and made them a little mainstream i think there shud be a follow up to the album and it will do better 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, FraFromThe90's said:

the problem is that she always choose the worse and most stupid song of the album for the first single in the attempt to like to young listeners. and it's so absurd because nobody wants stupid songs from her. God control deserved to be the first single. 

agree her maluma single wasnt the best choice   

13 minutes ago, migeal said:

she took both and made them a little mainstream i think there shud be a follow up to the album and it will do better 

Maybe people weren't ready for such a kind of release. Maybe people were expecting something more between the lines of Ray Of Light and Confessions On A Dance Floor. 

As long as she does not want to recreate Rebel Heart, we're all good. :jj:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block