Madonna's 'Madame X' is underrated

1 minute ago, aleomg said:

Maybe people weren't ready for such a kind of release. Maybe people were expecting something more between the lines of Ray Of Light and Confessions On A Dance Floor. 

As long as she does not want to recreate Rebel Heart, we're all good. :jj:

oh rebel heart was an ok album not so good but a good one i love heart break city, Ghosttown and Best night 

11 minutes ago, FraFromThe90's said:

the problem is that she always choose the worse and most stupid song of the album for the first single in the attempt to like to young listeners. and it's so absurd because nobody wants stupid songs from her. God control deserved to be the first single. 

YAS TO THIS! :clap:

Same thing happened with MDNA. One of the worst songs on the record was released as the first single. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, migeal said:

oh rebel heart was an ok album not so good but a good one i love heart break city, Ghosttown and Best night 

The transition from HeartbreakCity to Love Don't Live Here Anymore when performing on tour. :blast:

Rebel Heart is... a choice. :beysip:

If only she'd kept Rebel Heart and Wash All Over Me demo versions, the album would've been a little bit better. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Yr opinion :)  

I mean after all I rated what was the album called....Gloria Jean? (:mcorangu:) 4.5/10 :arianabye:  

So maybe this is yr revenge era :mariahstare:

How dare you? :howdareyou:

I don't know what you're talking about. :reductive:

But being serious, Billie is a great singer and lyricist, but a little bit overrated when WWAFAWDWG was released. :yaknow:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, aleomg said:

How dare you? :howdareyou:

I don't know what you're talking about. :reductive:

But being serious, Billie is a great singer and lyricist, but a little bit overrated when WWAFAWDWG was released. :yaknow:

all new acts who do commercially well are overrated to hype them up for more sales 

• Love 1

She even sang the line:

The queen's been slain, she'll never rule again

But for me, she will always be the Queen of Pop, our Madgesty 😍

This is one of her best unreleased songs, I still can't believe it was scrapped of Rebel Heart while some ****ty songs such as Autotune Baby, Body Shop or Holy Water made the cut.

And then, she had the chance to rework it to fit the sound of Madame X...but instead she included an indescribable version of Back That Up to The Beat...what a failed era...

I don't quite agree it's underated. Luckily, it hit number one in the US and critics were good. Sure, it could have performed even better but I think that has to do with her age. Album itself is great in my opinion and I love how many (and good) music videos she made. The whole project felt much better executed than all her recent efforts and it is her most cohesive work since Confessions.

10 hours ago, migeal said:

madame.jpg.c97c3c1981b458ab1f536b9a4d13168b.jpg

Why was Madonna's Madame X so underrated and not a commercial success?

The way the album was received reminded me of American Life which was one of her best albums  and ahead of its time with its message and topics it dealt with.

Madame X was as well one of Madonna most ambitious albums music wise , creativity wise and even the music videos.

"Dark Ballet" reminded me of the "Like A Prayer" video and song.

So why was Madame X overlooked? 

Does Madonna's age have to do with it? Is she expected to fail and go away and never do music again?

I mean, isn't this how music industry works?

They air what they want to be later on bought. Madonna has complain about ageism and how she will not be played on the radios due her age (because she IS still making hits) Music industry is too much about image rather than sound (sadly) but she is still one of the highest grossing singers when touring.
The ****** went too political (which I adore) but people can't handle artists having that kind of opinion.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Jitterbug said:

She even sang the line:

The queen's been slain, she'll never rule again

But for me, she will always be the Queen of Pop, our Madgesty 😍

This is one of her best unreleased songs, I still can't believe it was scrapped of Rebel Heart while some ****ty songs such as Autotune Baby, Body Shop or Holy Water made the cut.

And then, she had the chance to rework it to fit the sound of Madame X...but instead she included an indescribable version of Back That Up to The Beat...what a failed era...

lyrically madonna always was ahead and creative 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block