The reason why there hasn't been a bigger peak than Britney's peak

5 hours ago, BabkaAutorka said:

Everyone were talking about it, hyped about it, "thank u next" was a viral meme text, it broke record on yt, it debuted #1 on hot 100 lol it literally was iconic, i don't make the rules

I think you said correctly “hyped” but no it’s not iconic. Britney’s Baby One More Time is iconic.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, DougFrmBrazil said:

I think you said correctly “hyped” but no it’s not iconic. Britney’s Baby One More Time is iconic.

Thank you next video is a tribute to the mean girls dance and movie, so not even originally her idea.

I mean... Iconic? Mean Girls is iconic but her video? No

• Love 3

Someone will come along. I believe the only thing that has changed is the fact that the superstardom talent has become harder to select because of the advances of the internet.

We just need that one new special person, every time the phase from the last dies down. The last would be Bieber, who indeed was similar to Britney in the fact that he was an instant international phenomenon like Britney, none of these cute internet-growing vibes and the perception that the world now runs by likes or page popularity, we just simply haven’t been hit with a new superstar yet.

actually, atm Kyli Jenner respectively takes the cake even though it’s still internet category and completely different to the discussion. I’m meaning where the public eye focuses and upon who we favor. It just goes to show as an example that how we access the information about them has no influence whatsoever on what exactly it is we are interested in them over. We don’t like Kylie because we can access her online, we like her because of who she is and her achievements. We didn’t like Britney for her interviews, we liked her for her performance. Initially. 

On 6/6/2020 at 4:20 AM, CarlyRaeJepsenStan said:

First of all, I know that Adele's commercial peak is bigger than Britney considering the sales climate.  Here I'm talking about CULTURAL peak.britney9.jpg.da729b396164dd5d40e533e5af4e314c.jpg

Gaga came close during 2009-2011 period. But no one has ever been such a phenomenon like Britney was from 1999 to 2004.

My guess: Britney's peak happened when there was no social media and the Internet was in its infancy, people knew less about non-famous singers. Nowadays, everyone can become famous by being a Vlogger or reality star. Back in 2000, Britney and Xtina ruled the music industry.

Plus, pop stars nowadays do not take risks like the previous generation? We haven't seen Ariana or Dua having music videos like Dirrty or I'm a slave 4U.

'we had less options, less diversity' 

i think that again we had a lot of options and the Industry has in good 'shape' that is way we got more from them. Now, it is like a fine de sciele, everything looks and feels like a tasteless soup that expires in few hours..

• 2 months later...
On 6/7/2020 at 12:37 PM, Blackout2006 said:

Well, music in the 2020 has been a huge improvement and has changed a lot from last year. Techno and synth-pop is overtaking as the top-most popular genre and now artist like Dua Lipa released fantastic body of work which was Duas gamechanger for her. Weeknd released After hours which is one of the best albums of this year. Lady gaga has just had her studio comeback. Other releases this year have been also really good...like Manic, Rare, map of the soul:7, high road and SAWAYAMA that have honestly risked for their respective work. Now, the scene rn is definitely more diverse than compared to before, with pop artist thriving, with rap stars thriving, with rock and metal stars thriving and genres like electro, techno, synth, disco and hip-hop are thriving equally (just that pop is more popular than hip hop)

Wait...why the hell is this post so irrelevant? :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

On 12/23/2020 at 11:56 PM, DougFrmBrazil said:

What about Taylor? She’s been on peak since 2009, and has two #1 albums at the same year?

Ummm.... :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Who are we kidding? It was only in the era 1989, that Taylor became the recognizable, extremely powerful and popular popstar she is now. Her peak was for sure 2013-2017, because the 1989 and Reputation era's were MOMENTS in pop, than from there on wards, that same hype never transcended with her post-reputation eras. Yes, Lover and Folklore were successful, nobody can deny it but they weren't as big in terms of a FULL era.

Surprised no one mentioned BTS (even though they aren't US based). Currently climbing their peak - who knows if they've even peaked yet. On track to become cultural phenomenons and bringing awareness to a genre of music worldwide and surpassing The Beatles as the biggest boy band in the world.

On 12/23/2020 at 2:56 PM, DougFrmBrazil said:

What about Taylor? She’s been on peak since 2009, and has two #1 albums at the same year?

Taylor definitely in terms of Album Sales and Tours. But Britney's impact on the industry is way more then Taylor. None of TS album have any impact on industry. Most of them are straight country/pop/folk. But she didnt re-define pop. One can argue Lady Gaga Fame Monster was last highly successfull and infulential era. 

But Katy Perry, Rihanna, TS and others...still not there yet. Also Britney is like 8 years older then any of these ladies. AT 39, she has a lot more to offer, like entire c-chip is making people curious about it, she is becoming face of mental health, She re-defined residencies, Blackout 2, Her story, Kids, She as a mother...she is a lot more relatable again...I am very positive she is going to make a huge comeback again

• Like 1
On 6/6/2020 at 3:20 AM, CarlyRaeJepsenStan said:

Plus, pop stars nowadays do not take risks like the previous generation? We haven't seen Ariana or Dua having music videos like Dirrty or I'm a slave 4U.

I agree with all your post except this. ***ualising a music video is not taking a risk but a very respectable choice. We are speaking about MUSIC. Taking a risk was creating IAS4U song itself, the different direction of the music, experimenting with other influences. Or Ray Of Light by Madonna, that was a risk.

Cause Britney just had it all... the hottest chick in the world, talent, unique voice, amazing dance, iconic performances, iconic outfits, great personality, big charisma, intelligence, great songs, great music videos etc. NO ONE CAN TOP THAT u are sick saying that bieber was even close to this lmaooo, no one was, not gaga not beyonce not taylor NO ONE britney is always winning 

• Like 1

I think Britney came at the right time. She was something fresh, she was the epitome of pop music. She was also intriguing, sweet and she was like the girl next door. This sweet little girl from Louisiana with a big dream has a video which appeals to the teenage audience. She was dressed as a school girl for her first video I mean iconic!! She also had a bit of edge and *** appeal that gave everyone that shock factor. She kept shocking. 

Many people need to take several seats when calling the likes of Ariana and Taylor Swift iconic. Britney Spears is a household name literally everyone knows who she is. You only need to say Britney and everyone knows who you’re talking about. Madonna, Michael Jackson, Britney Spears, Whitney Houston... among others. That’s iconic. We are just in such a different time for music. There was no social media back when Britney was at her peak. That added to the mystery and curiosity into the insight of her life. 

• Like 1

Britney peaked higher than anyone because she changed the game in pop music in 1998. Pure pop came back because of Britney, during a time when it was mainly alternative music. 

That style was embraced by so many and Britney was THE POP STAR! All that followed just added to what she already started. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, IndoJabijin said:

Surprised no one mentioned BTS (even though they aren't US based). Currently climbing their peak - who knows if they've even peaked yet. On track to become cultural phenomenons and bringing awareness to a genre of music worldwide and surpassing The Beatles as the biggest boy band in the world.

BTS have not surpassed the Beatles' peak popularity. The Beatles are also much more critically acclaimed than BTS.

• Like 2