The reason why there hasn't been a bigger peak than Britney's peak

8 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

BTS have not surpassed the Beatles' peak popularity. The Beatles are also much more critically acclaimed than BTS.

8 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

They haven’t even surpassed 1D, let alone the Beatles ladyhaha.gif

They will never surpass the Beatles, but they have already surpassed ID ladyhaha.gif

• Like 1

There's just something special about Britney that makes her unique from other celebrities/singers.

I like what I heard from the Framing Britney special. In the UK they have royalties, but in the US, they don't, so to the people.

Britney's impact has always been something similar and that's why whenever there's some news of a performance or an interview, or a TV appearance, the surge in viewers in that particular episode is always phenomenal.

• Like 2

I would have to argue that Mariah Carey’s reign in the 90’s was much bigger in terms of sales, chart dominance, and impact. Unfortunately (US) radio didn’t play pop music and she wasn’t sending songs to number 1 and the top 10 like Mariah was. All 3 of Daydream’s official singles spent a total of 6 months at number 1.

On 12/23/2020 at 9:37 PM, PickleSpears said:

Social media didn't have anything to do with it. It was her talent, appeal, and "product" (the music, videos, performances). She really was a force, the way Madonna and MJ were. She was building and building on her legacy and then obviously things went south after ITZ.

People were enthralled by her - she was young and **** and had controversial videos and performances. She was really the first young girl to do it in such a big way. She opened the door for so many girls like Gaga and Miley, etc. and since Britney, the market has been saturated with young girls trying to do the same thing she did. Now it's nothing for a young girl to be **** and dance around in a video.

In my opinion, there was a pop trend of having amazing performances with dancing and everything that died during Britney's breakdown. I genuinely think she's a part of that. Since Britney's performances went down, the standard went down. That's when people mostly stopped dancing and now someone like Taylor Swift can walk around the stage singing live and even though it's boring, people think it's an amazing performance. Things are so different now.

i love you for spilling this :tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad: may God bless you sis :wink_britney_everytime_white:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I dont think so, I tthink the world was a lot different and shock value was easier to obtain. Now girls and guys are always dressing scandalous and doing things that arnt shocking anymore. Were pretty much at the point were we arnt going to be surprised to see people walking around naked.