Any straight Britney fans?

27 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Britney has the most straight male fans, cos she's neutral on politics.

Every diva starts great..

Madonna had straight male fans, but when Like a prayer began,  and she started getting political and raising awareness in her music and actually talking about life and the world. 

They were the first to go, and this happens a lot. 

But some acts like The Spice girls,  never made it that way, it really was girls of all ages (Melanie C said that moms dressed like them in the US during their 1998 tour), gay teens discovering themselves.  

Lmao sweetie that’s not why Britney has a large straight male fanbase. It’s mainly because she’s always been so versatile when it came to her sound, image, style, fashion, etc. She appealed to a wide demographic of people and was beyond just a one-dimensional pop act; from middle class families to metalheads (thanks to those Max Martin productions) to pre-teens to adult men.

Also, artists like Beyonce and Rihanna definitely triumph Britney in having more straight male fans, by a landslide too. 

• Love 2
On 5/28/2020 at 8:20 PM, Cinderella85 said:

She is since 2007 when Blackout came out. God knows why.No it is, even from Britney herself (the letters she wrote to her fans was for gay´s, she wins gay awards and just mentions them as her fans during her thank you speech )It´ is like we others don´t exist. The Zone even has its own gay collection now. But this is strange because Lou thinks gays should be exorcised. But taken money seems to be okay. Anyway, I´m pissed that we straight fans seem not to count anymore. It feels like the gays took Britney away from us!

On 5/28/2020 at 8:07 PM, kleinbritney said:

Britney was a *** symbol of us heteros. I don't know why she should be a gay icon

You can be a gay icon and a straight icon. They're not mutually exclusive. It's our society that deemed it emasculating to listen to Britney Spears, so in that sense straight men will never claim her in the way that gay men claimed her.

Rihanna didn't suffer the same fate because she's black and because she didn't start out as a teen pop idol

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • Super Mods
On 5/28/2020 at 11:23 AM, kleinbritney said:

No gay man could explain to me why he likes Britney.  For me as a straight, she is a great woman

I’m gay. I like Britney because she is a great woman. Several bops. Entertaining music.

There is your explanation! :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

• Love 2
On 5/28/2020 at 11:50 PM, Sgt Spears deputy said:

She is since 2007 when Blackout came out. God knows why.No it is, even from Britney herself (the letters she wrote to her fans was for gay´s, she wins gay awards and just mentions them as her fans during her thank you speech )It´ is like we others don´t exist. The Zone even has its own gay collection now. But this is strange because Lou thinks gays should be exorcised. But taken money seems to be okay. Anyway, I´m pissed that we straight fans seem not to count anymore. It feels like the gays took Britney away from us!

It's true it's like we don't exist being a straight female and a fan of 98 from dolls to CDs to Vinyls I've collected them all but we never get the credit :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

• Love 1
  • Like 1