Lana Del Rey just unfollowed Ariana Grande on Instagram

3 hours ago, MANDIXMX said:

I also can’t stand a woman who states shes not a “feminist” to be different

Honey, I totally get the feeling that you didn't read the statement (yet again). Lana del Rey said: I'm not not a feminist... You know what's that means? Ok, we're good. And, she explained why she named those singers. She's not comparing herself with Beyoncé, are you serious? They're so different and you think she doesn't know.

Learn to read, please.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, MANDIXMX said:

her entire  catalogue revolves around that it sets a really wrong message to her very young female audience. It has them think they are only desirable, beautiful if they have a mans approval, and that's not right

This is why she made that statement in the first place.... For people like you!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Invitation said:

Your'e the one who can't read. She literally said 'now that they all had number one hits...'

You can't read 2.0.... She meant big pop stars can talk about that, but alternative artists like her can't, and it's true. Do you know how much hate I received as a Lana Fan for her lyrics. Imagine how she feels.... And Ariana's fans don't get that hate cause she's mainstream

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Rumors are flying around Ariana is creating a Lana Free version of Don't call me Angel. So buy it while you can..

There's been a version. Its the radio edit. At least in Los Angeles the version they played on the radio always cut her out. 

FickleHotDiplodocus-size_restricted.gif

She sounded like an *******, I couldn’t even finish reading her statement when she said she was just a ‘glamorous woman.’ I live for the Born To Did album and Ride EP, and Lust For Life was great. Though I don’t find her personality that likeable. She’s an oddball and not in a good way.  I get the point she was trying to make, but just awful execution. Maybe she should leave that stuff to her publicist.

5 hours ago, brycetippe said:

She sounded like an *******, I couldn’t even finish reading her statement when she said she was just a ‘glamorous woman.’ I live for the Born To Did album and Ride EP, and Lust For Life was great. Though I don’t find her personality that likeable. She’s an oddball and not in a good way.  I get the point she was trying to make, but just awful execution. Maybe she should leave that stuff to her publicist.

She is very likeable she went through a lot especially in 2012. I understand her point but wouldn't of made it especially not on instagram, but she is an artist and needs to express her views. 

Lana is way more talented than those manufactured singers she called out in her post. She's been misunderstood once again. 

I don't really care about it, Lana's records keeps growing in quality release after release, so she doesn't really need Ariana Grande or Doja cat

• Love 5
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, Alex_1991 said:

Lana is way more talented than those manufactured singers she called out in her post. She's been misunderstood once again. 

I don't really care about it, Lana's records keeps growing in quality release after release, so she doesn't really need Ariana Grande or Doja cat

Hnngg~ Alexxx :queenie:

Not you shading meee. :embarrassney:

Spoiler

Hi i'm Ari! :barbie:

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Alex_1991 said:

it's so true, I feel like Ariana has been getting worse every release but Lana get better 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I’m getting to the point of being over social media. I follow her and I love her. I understood what she was saying. Do I agree with everything she said? No. Did i hate on HER opinion? No. Its HER opinion and she shared it. Everyone has an opinion and freedom of speech is a right in America. 

What gets me about social media now...is that everything turns into an argument or belittlement. No one knows how to have a conversation or a proper debate. There are  trolls every where waiting to bash an idea or opinion then cancel you the next day. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, MANDIXMX said:

Lana is obnoxious, what was the point of her calling out these women for? If she wants to sing about her submissive portrayal of herself in her music then just do it. Stop announcing what you want to do or compare yourself to others. Those that find her subject manner wrong will not care about what Ariana or Beyonce are singing about, its irrelevant. This is about Lana, not anyone else. Her calling all these ladies out is problematic and childish af

I also can’t stand a woman who states shes not a “feminist” to be different. Its so “fake woke” to me, almost as if going the opposite direction of the women movement makes them more interesting. News flash to Lana and anyone else reading this, you can have a healthy, loving relationship with mutual respect for one another. Theres no reason for you to fully submit to anyone else, thats where problems arise.

She also states wanting to sing about feeling beautiful when being in love. Thats fine & dandy but when her entire  catalogue revolves around that it sets a really wrong message to her very young female audience. It has them think they are only desirable, beautiful if they have a mans approval, and that's not right. Theres many ways to sing about the beauty of love without comprising ones own dignity. This whole thing has put a bad taste in my mouth.

you need to learn how to read and comprehend.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

I’m getting to the point of being over social media. I follow her and I love her. I understood what she was saying. Do I agree with everything she said? No. Did i hate on HER opinion? No. Its HER opinion and she shared it. Everyone has an opinion and freedom of speech is a right in America. 

What gets me about social media now...is that everything turns into an argument or belittlement. No one knows how to have a conversation or a proper debate. There are  trolls every where waiting to bash an idea or opinion then cancel you the next day. 

it's true cancel culture is so toxic 

Beyoncé made a whole album on sexiness and titled it Beyoncé because she felt ****** after her first pregnancy. And it sold. Did I buy it because she was writhing all up on a chair and I learned a whole verse in French? Maybe. 
Others have done the same. Does **** sell? Yes. Are we past the point of telling women that only **** sells? Yes, Adele. Would I have bought Lana’s album had she been wearing leather? No. I don’t like her voice or style and I’m not the only one. 

No one told you to stop writing your craft girl. But don’t start a whole post with “now that they got number ones cuz of ****”...bye

Take a seat. 

• Super Mods

I honestly think none of them are right and it's just basically adults behaving like teenagers. 

Lana is mad she's not getting #1, people think she's racist because she pointed out Beyonce and Doja, and I think we all know she's not a racist. I'm not a fan of her or her music and all, but it is evident that Lana is chill. On top of it all, Ariana calling her racist isn't nice, and this comes from an Ariana stan (apparently they've spoken but who knows at this point). The whole thing is a mess and a proof that people need to stop running their mouth and learn how to contain their emotions like actual adults. 

You would think that these women as millionaires would have nothing to complain about and be happy, but would you look at that. Very disappointing :tired:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block