Lana Del Rey just unfollowed Ariana Grande on Instagram

1 hour ago, BUWYGF said:

I honestly think none of them are right and it's just basically adults behaving like teenagers. 

Lana is mad she's not getting #1, people think she's racist because she pointed out Beyonce and Doja, and I think we all know she's not a racist. I'm not a fan of her or her music and all, but it is evident that Lana is chill. On top of it all, Ariana calling her racist isn't nice, and this comes from an Ariana stan (apparently they've spoken but who knows at this point). The whole thing is a mess and a proof that people need to stop running their mouth and learn how to contain their emotions like actual adults. 

You would think that these women as millionaires would have nothing to complain about and be happy, but would you look at that. Very disappointing :tired:

Excalty why is Ariana pointing fingers when she goes around licking donuts 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
On 5/23/2020 at 2:44 AM, MANDIXMX said:

Lana is obnoxious, what was the point of her calling out these women for? If she wants to sing about her submissive portrayal of herself in her music then just do it. Stop announcing what you want to do or compare yourself to others. Those that find her subject manner wrong will not care about what Ariana or Beyonce are singing about, its irrelevant. This is about Lana, not anyone else. Her calling all these ladies out is problematic and childish af

I also can’t stand a woman who states shes not a “feminist” to be different. Its so “fake woke” to me, almost as if going the opposite direction of the women movement makes them more interesting. News flash to Lana and anyone else reading this, you can have a healthy, loving relationship with mutual respect for one another. Theres no reason for you to fully submit to anyone else, thats where problems arise.

She also states wanting to sing about feeling beautiful when being in love. Thats fine & dandy but when her entire  catalogue revolves around that it sets a really wrong message to her very young female audience. It has them think they are only desirable, beautiful if they have a mans approval, and that's not right. Theres many ways to sing about the beauty of love without comprising ones own dignity. This whole thing has put a bad taste in my mouth.

She never said she wasnt a feminist. You need to read closer my darling in her post she said shes not "not a feminist" - and she said that in the way she did due to the feminist critique and attack on her songs and their subject matter.

Furthermore, please be careful when making blanket statements like the one you did. Her entire catalogue doesn't revovle around seeking approval from men. She has many songs with feminist sentimets, most notably God Bless America and All the Beautiful Women In It, but also songs like Get Free and even Norman ******* Rockwell where she sings about cutting loose a good-for-nothing partner.

Why is everyone trying to restrict her in what she sings about? Is it not important to validate the women who feel like she does? We've all sought approval from another person - and its important to acknowledge that and reassure ourselves that we're not crazy for doing that. It's all part of the human experience.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block