2007 VMA

BritneyLVR

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn’t necessarily a bad performance especially compared to how pop girls preform these days. It was just a drastic change from how she performed before. That last live performance she did before GM was for ITZ so can imagine how shocking it was for people.

5 hours ago, MSTAR said:

The choreography is still better than any performance since the FF era to the last performance of Britney in my opinion. The performance was great, everyone laughed and was disappointed by her performance because they expected more from her, always...that's actually the meaning of Gimme More too.

Just need a little energy but as she didn't wanted to be here and was forced, I would do the same and not push efforts just for those who are abusing me! :gimmemoar:

The outfits planned were actually the same, it wasn't changed in the last minute like many say, it's likely a rumour. There's a small extract of a rehearsal with the same outfits and a wig/extension, I'm not sure if it's her tho but I think it's her:

britney-ponytail-gimme.gif

:squint:

1 minute ago, Brat said:

:squint:

I know, it depends to each one, but for me the choreography is more interesting than moving arms and walking around... (I love Britney, no hate or whatever, I just don't like the recent performances).

I feel like everything she did during that performance she 100% intended on it happening that way. The performance may have been what it was, but because of that, it's probably one of Brits most important performances. She didn't want to work/perform and she showed it. 

11 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

I know, it depends to each one, but for me the choreography is more interesting than moving arms and walking around... (I love Britney, no hate or whatever, I just don't like the recent performances).

I meant is that Britney with the pony? :ohwut:

7 hours ago, MSTAR said:

The choreography is still better than any performance since the FF era to the last performance of Britney in my opinion. The performance was great, everyone laughed and was disappointed by her performance because they expected more from her, always...that's actually the meaning of Gimme More too.

bbmas 2016 was a million times better than this though, i don't understand how fans can drag some of her later performances and then praise this one.....

15 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

bbmas 2016 was a million times better than this though, i don't understand how fans can drag some of her later performances and then praise this one.....

Again, I'm talking for the choreography, not the performance itself. Yes, the performance was not good in the 2007 VMA because Britney wasn't full on it, but the choreography is interesting, was detailed, and there's a consistent content/choreography. The 2016 VMA in the other side, is a good performance because Britney was full on it and pushed efforts, but the choreography is not that good, there's no much dancing, walking around and playing on the floor, random moves... well the 2007 performance is for me over than the 2016. She might change the person who do for her choreographies if it's him who is currently those choreographies.

I'd definitely would have love a longer introduction for "trouble", wearing an black version of Elvis jumpsuit

Elvis wearing the Black Conquistador jumpsuit. Unknown location ...,

until the part that the song says:

Because I'm evil, my middle name is misery. Well I'm evil, so don't you mess around with me. 

Then maybe Chris Angel could have done some magic and change her clothes for: It's Britney *****.

Dancers on the background like Elvis performance, since it was inspired by this one:

Pony tail and pants would be amazing on her.

Britney Spears: A Life in Photos - Rolling Stone

I remember watching this with friends when it premiered.  We were all a bit shocked because it just wasn’t what you would’ve expected.  Especially for a Britney Spears VMA’s performance.  Could it have been better?  Yes.  Could it have been worse?  Much worse.

:icant2:

I would’ve almost rather her wear the outfit from rehearsal, if I’m being honest. She looked cute.  That’s another thing that ticked me off about this performance.  The feedback about her weight.  They made it seem like she was coming straight from the set of “My 600-lb Life” for crying out loud!  She had a little more meat on her than usual, but she was not fat by any means!

:ban:

On 5/20/2020 at 1:13 AM, yves said:

I'd definitely would have love a longer introduction for "trouble", wearing an black version of Elvis jumpsuit

Elvis wearing the Black Conquistador jumpsuit. Unknown location ...,

until the part that the song says:

Because I'm evil, my middle name is misery. Well I'm evil, so don't you mess around with me. 

Then maybe Chris Angel could have done some magic and change her clothes for: It's Britney *****.

Dancers on the background like Elvis performance, since it was inspired by this one:

Pony tail and pants would be amazing on her.

Britney Spears: A Life in Photos - Rolling Stone

https://tenor.com/view/elvis-presley-dance-gif-5481880

axx

Archived