Vogue: the story behind Britney Spears' iconic "Oops!... I Did It Again" outfit

Has this already been posted? :wonka:

dc21447551e41011ab67a1e15b16a8e4.jpg

When you think Britney, you think of that red latex jumpsuit. And in honor of the album’s anniversary, Vogue called up Estee Stanley, the video’s stylist, to reminisce about that now-famous Oops! costume. Together, Stanley and Spears worked on crafting the initial fashion vision for the video’s space-age theme. “We wanted everything to be **** and monochromatic.” They came up with an all-white and all-black outfit for Spears, and Stanley also dressed all of the backup dancers in silvery looks, as well as sourced the astronaut costume for her hunky space boyfriend in the video. (Fun fact: he is now a surgeon.)

They turned to Michael Bush, a costume designer that was doing all of Spears’s custom tour looks at the time, to make something exciting for Spears... he ended up creating the red latex suit overnight. Spears immediately loved it, though Stanley had initial reservations about the piece’s clingy material. “If you put a latex outfit on, you're immediately sweating..." "After one take, I unzipped her, and it literally looked like a bucket of water poured out of this jumpsuit,” she says. “She had a very intense day, to say the least."

Read the full article here.

oops.png.0fe780d0b980fc33cd8c592a174bfc0f.png

• Love 4
  • Like 3

I watched Making the Video for Oops yesterday. The day before the shoot, she met with the costume designer and told him she wanted a red catsuit. He literally made it overnight. I can't imagine if he had made something awful bc there wouldn't have been time to make something else lol. The stars aligned.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, 5HINee said:

I thought (actually read) a camera fell onto her face whilst she lay down, not a lamp. so what's the truth?

I've read that too, but that would seriously injure potentially disfigure ones face so I really don't believe it.