Kylie Jenner named self-made billionaire again

Jordan Miller

• Leader

She 👏  did 👏 that! 👏 

Forbes named Kylie Jenner one of the world's youngest billionaires for the second year in a row.

Last year when she was first crowned, the Internet went up in arms. Is she really "self-made" when coming from a multi-million dollar family with immense influence in popular culture prior to her rise to the top? 

My personal opinion is yes. She could've just sat back while the rest of her sisters worked hard and been fine, but she decided to launch products to people who wanted to give their money for them. She definitely had a head start, agreed, but imo it's still self-made. Any self-made billionaire is going to have a wild story from their beginning... Kim's tape was hers. :jj:

Thoughts? Do you agree she's self-made or nah?

kylie-billion.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's definitely self made. :akii: Just because she didn't come from a poor family, that does not change the fact that she still did all of that. It was her decision to sell a 51% stake in the company and earned $600 million for it. It was her decisions and actions at the end of the day. I mean, her first name is still the name of the company. 

Bonus: Koko K is my normal everyday shade so I stan. :makeup:

SELF-made billionaire. SELF. As in, by yourself. Not with such a huge support system...and millions before you. Rich people patting each other on their backs when they do something "good" (that is, MONEY, which is obviously their highest standard of what good really is) is so white supremacy.

In my opinion she's not a self-made billionaire, yes she could sit down and do nothing, but let's be clear - if she would be a teenager from regular american home, she wouldn't achieve anything spectacular (ok maybe 0,1% chance if she's very talented she's not , and lucky)

If you come from one of most famous celebrity family in the world, you can do almost anything and succeed... 

It's quite unfair calling her self-made billionaire. :ugh:

Come on she is not self made! Same like all kids of the celebrities wouldn't achieve success without famous last names. 

In fact I am so tired of this nepotism! We don't get fresh stars as stars from 80's or 90's push their kids in show business and then a talented person cannot make his dream come true because a child of star is chosen. 

I hate Kardashians and I really don't see any positive impact of them on social life, except for making it ok to make stupid people famous. They only sale their privacy and make money out of it. 

They don't give anything valuable to this world. No songs, movies, theaters acts. Nothing. Just stupid reality show and Instagram posts. 20 years ago no one would even pay attention to them. 

And Kyle made money on naive girls. She changed her entire look and then started to sell cosmetics so small girls think it will look good on them as on her. 

And because of Kardashian being stupid is OK and then we stupid nations that choose Trump. 

I don't think she did decide anything. It was more like arranged by her mom. Kendall has modelling career and Kylie got to have a brand which was the best descision of this family. She is just a celebrity whos name is used, and I hope she gets to choose colours, concepts (I think shre does). Who would be drooling over cosmetics of Kylie Jenner if there would be no show and fame? Kris never misses an opportunity. My feed on social media is flooded with an ad of coinmaster featuring momager herself, Khloe and Scott. I was like wtf, do they really need this, lol? This family does seem weirder to me as the years go by :ehum:

"self-made" is misleading and deceitful. it does nothing but reinforce capitalistic traps of "anyone can be a billionaire if they work for it!". no...they can't. and no one should be a billionaire anyway tbh. no one needs that much money. it could be used for bettering the world.

to say she's self-made doesn't sit right w me. she didn't build a tower to the clouds from the bottom of a canyon...she built it from the top of an already built skyscraper. she had no financial risk, had name recognition and massive connections via her stupidly wealthy family, and i guarantee you she lifted not a single finger. this is the same **** with trump--they're insanely privileged from the go, they either do **** all themselves to get the money (kylie) or actively lose money at every turn (trumpster) yet they get to jet around, never worrying about ANYTHING, stuffing their face with whatever they want and living to be 80+ because they face no strife and have premium healthcare without doing anything special to deserve it. compare them to the billions of ppl in the word that work so hard everyday and will never be very far above bare minimum, or that live in abject poverty, or don't make it to adulthood because of malnutrition induced disease, from HIV in developing countries due to lack of antiretroviral therapy for the mother to take, or from common communicable diseases that have no business still ravaging whole nations. it's nasty and i hate that family but even more i hate a media system that reinforces false hopes that only put more money in the pockets of the people running that media.

Archived