Ellen DeGeneres faces backlash for comparing living in isolation in her million-dollar mansion to actual jail, makes gay joke

Jordan Miller

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/9/2020 at 9:06 AM, DarkOut said:

Wowwooooooooooo, I can't. 

Beyond the obvious responses... I wear the saaame damn loungewear all the damn time and I feel FREE and comfy.

I just bought some more because I've been wearing my basics out, so I know her rich-*** can order loads more sweats and ish. 

Hence that was just another LAME joke.

Idiot or bad person and no longer funny. She was funny in a friendly/goofy, etc., way, yes. Very chill to watch way back when. She lost it before her Relatable special, because she HAD completely lost touch, but didn't want to accept not only that but her extreme status upgrade made her a worse person with low empathy.

Being gay no longer drags her privilege down. It can't save her and she leans on it. Sad.

Done.

We need new lesbian representation because she's trashed.

She's trash and a hypocrite I can't stand her stupid jokes she's not funny and she's always trying to make people laugh by being mean to others or humiliating them , I'm not a butthurt but you can literally see interviews of her before she had her show and she was like : I just think you can be funny without being mean . And ever since she's got her show all she does is trying to be funny on people's cost or humiliating her audience such a hypocrite , she and Wendy Williams need to disappear :brityawning: 

This is sick , and not funny at all 

• Super Mods

I’m loving the Ellen hate. For years she’s been rumored as a horrible person and horrible wife to Portia. Everyone feels bad for her because Ellen is a controlling tyrant and refuses to have kids which is what Portia wants. She makes passive aggressive comments to hide her nasty attitude and that Mariah interview is just plain cruel. She was gonna risk having a pregnant lady drink alcohol? How is that funny?

On 4/14/2020 at 3:47 PM, Livin4art said:

She's trash and a hypocrite I can't stand her stupid jokes she's not funny and she's always trying to make people laugh by being mean to others or humiliating them , I'm not a butthurt but you can literally see interviews of her before she had her show and she was like : I just think you can be funny without being mean . And ever since she's got her show all she does is trying to be funny on people's cost or humiliating her audience such a hypocrite , she and Wendy Williams need to disappear :brityawning: 

This is sick , and not funny at all 

Oh wow, the video. That is wrong on so many levels. 

1 hour ago, puppylo16 said:

I’m loving the Ellen hate. For years she’s been rumored as a horrible person and horrible wife to Portia. Everyone feels bad for her because Ellen is a controlling tyrant and refuses to have kids which is what Portia wants. She makes passive aggressive comments to hide her nasty attitude and that Mariah interview is just plain cruel. She was gonna risk having a pregnant lady drink alcohol? How is that funny?

Not only she violated her privacy , she also made Mariah's miscarriage a public matter , if Mariah wasn't being forced to reveal that she's pregnant she could have had a miscarriage without all the press,and with privacy but thanks to Ellen her miscarriage had to go public , don't know how Ellen lives with herself after that.....

2 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

This. She's super over-rated and super-fake. She was nice in the beginning, but the fame got to her and she struggles to make new content (which a lot of talk shows seem to be in recent years), so they come up with stupid jokes like this.  There's nothing wrong with making jokes about being in isolation and to cheer everyone up, but they need to know how to be inclusive of everyone in the situation. To call her mansion like a prison is pure entitlement and greed, and to imply that everyone in jail is gay is just homophobic on it's own (and yes you can be homophobic/racist/etc. to your own community). The number of people outing her nasty behind the scenes personality is telling. Even Britney seemed uncomfortable with her in the last 2 segments she did with her whereas she was totally comfortable with her in previous years (and you can tell Britney didn't like being portrayed as some entitled diva celebrity like Ellen tried to make her out to be in that segment, when we all know she's a simple low-key humble girl in real life).

• Super Mods
5 hours ago, Livin4art said:

Not only she violated her privacy , she also made Mariah's miscarriage a public matter , if Mariah wasn't being forced to reveal that she's pregnant she could have had a miscarriage without all the press,and with privacy but thanks to Ellen her miscarriage had to go public , don't know how Ellen lives with herself after that.....

I can see Mariah’s scared face and her face as she takes the glass while Ellen is there staring her down with a big grin. What horrible person, it was not funny at all and was such a cringe fest. It’s because she hates children hence why Portia is miserable. 

• Super Mods
5 hours ago, jennyj said:

This. She's super over-rated and super-fake. She was nice in the beginning, but the fame got to her and she struggles to make new content (which a lot of talk shows seem to be in recent years), so they come up with stupid jokes like this.  There's nothing wrong with making jokes about being in isolation and to cheer everyone up, but they need to know how to be inclusive of everyone in the situation. To call her mansion like a prison is pure entitlement and greed, and to imply that everyone in jail is gay is just homophobic on it's own (and yes you can be homophobic/racist/etc. to your own community). The number of people outing her nasty behind the scenes personality is telling. Even Britney seemed uncomfortable with her in the last 2 segments she did with her whereas she was totally comfortable with her in previous years (and you can tell Britney didn't like being portrayed as some entitled diva celebrity like Ellen tried to make her out to be in that segment, when we all know she's a simple low-key humble girl in real life).

Exactly, I used to love watching her but somewhere she turned. She started laughing harder at the amount of humiliation she makes her staff endure and prolongs it. I had to stop watching her show because it was getting more obvious as she’s having trouble hiding it.
i definitely saw Britney was uncomfortable and I’m sure Ellen was nicer back then because Britney was at her hottest peak. I wish they take her medal back, what a witch.

Wow. I’m so glad I’m not on twitter lol, it’s the most sensitive people ever. We’re now tearing down a woman who came out and was blacklisted but then rose up to become an icon and helped with LGBTQ issues? She’s a comedian FFS. 

have you guys ever watched any prison show or movie? The movie is not implying that everyone who goes to jail is gay. It’s because a lot of straights end up having gay relationships in prison because they are either all male or all female. Go watch orange is the new black, American history x, or oz. 

I’m kinda living for the tides turning on celebrities in general right now. They are approaching this like every other natural disaster/ fundraising event and the general public has NO patience for it this time around. It’s like we finally realized what’s and who’s really important and we have no time for bs celebs (except you Brit, our humble queen) :brit2016:They must be going nuts without all the public validation that they live off of.  

• Super Mods
4 hours ago, MyLittlePopstar said:

Wow. I’m so glad I’m not on twitter lol, it’s the most sensitive people ever. We’re now tearing down a woman who came out and was blacklisted but then rose up to become an icon and helped with LGBTQ issues? She’s a comedian FFS. 

have you guys ever watched any prison show or movie? The movie is not implying that everyone who goes to jail is gay. It’s because a lot of straights end up having gay relationships in prison because they are either all male or all female. Go watch orange is the new black, American history x, or oz. 

Obviously you haven’t heard the latest news about her. :chrissy:

Archived