Jess Glynne pulls a Mariah: I don't know what 'Future Nostalgia' is

Since I'm not American, I actually know who this talented woman is. I mean, Europeans have better taste in music - it's a fact. I don't make the rules. :tired: I wouldn't say I stan or anything, but her voice is really cool and faded:

@ILikeChillinWithYou :gagasmile:

And I loved her debut album. Haven't listened to her sophomore effort yet, though. :miley: As for her Mariah moment. Yeah... I don't think she was being shady. I mean, she seemed down for giving it a listen. :tired: I'm surprised, though, considering they're both big in the UK. :alook:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Since I'm not American, I actually know who this talented woman is. I mean, Europeans have better taste in music - it's a fact. I don't make the rules. :tired: I wouldn't say I stan or anything, but her voice is really cool and faded:

@ILikeChillinWithYou :gagasmile:

And I loved her debut album. Haven't listened to her sophomore effort yet, though. :miley: As for her Mariah moment. Yeah... I don't think she was being shady. I mean, she seemed down for giving it a listen. :tired: I'm surprised, though, considering they're both big in the UK. :alook:

Omg not her singing the most underrated single from Prism :tiffdrink: We Stan :tiffdrink: Wish she sang the chorus in falsetto like Katy did because that fits the song way more :tiffdrink:

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

She's had four #1 singles on her own in the UK. She's a pretty big deal there. :tired:

So was Cheryl Cole. Now look at her.. She was beloved in the UK. Now hated and being told she had no talent at all. 

I blame Liam. Once he hooked up with her. You know the directioners were out to get her :umsaywhat::bow:

8 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

So was Cheryl Cole. Now look at her.. She was beloved in the UK. Now hated and being told she had no talent at all. 

I blame Liam. Once he hooked up with her. You know the directioners were out to get her :umsaywhat::bow:

From what I've seen she has always been hated on for having no talent (which is kinda true). That's not a new thing. :lollipop: Another wave of hate came from her new musical direction AND oh-so-obvious plastic / cosmetic surgery:

I mean just look at the dislikes. :alook: The top 4 comments are about her looks. :tired: And even then... A song as garbage as this managed to get to #19. :inbed:

21 hours ago, jordeezy said:

I am sorry but Dua Lipa is way more basic than Katy Perry ever was - the album sucks and sounds like a remake of every popular song from the last 5 years.  

Tea.   :reductive::truthtea:

I think that Future Nostalgia is a good album (but it's extremely overrated right now...). And I like Dua as a human being. I just think that she and her image are basic. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing ;):katycream:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Urbanney said:

You regularly post controversial opinions on here and I love it:gaspney:

The truth shouldn't be controversial, though.  Dua's 1st album had a few cool songs like "Genesis" but this album is so basic.  I always saw Dua as a new generation version of Victoria Beckham but this album is a setback IMO.  It sounds like some generic trash. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block