Dont you think we’d have supported The Zone had #freebritney not happened

ILikeChillinWithYou

Flashback to April 2019. Suppose the Gram Girls hadn’t gotten a voicemail and we never came to know of Britney’s situation. We’d still have B10 rumours, more updates from the “indefinite hiatus”, a wasted opportunity with the BOMT 20 year anniversary, and more quirky Instagram videos. And then it’s January 2020 and we hear about The Zone. Don’t you think we might have supported it blindly and fed her team thinking it was Britney? :receipts2: I mean, we are thirsty for some new content and I think we’d have taken anything we got at the time :woopsie:

5G3IIkV.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always had a bad feeling about the c-ship and could tell Britney was sad. I also have been against it since For The Record. However, I felt like there was nothing I could do since other fans were still supporting so I did as well since just me trying to fight the cship wouldn't even make a dent in anything. I'm so glad the GramGirls were able to get this movement going. ;) 

I probably would have continued to support. However, now I'm on boycott until this c-ship is done. This is such an obvious money grab by Loucifer Taylor.

2 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

I’ve always known how shady the cship was, so it wouldn’t change anything for me.

this. even back since 2011 you could tell her "off" look from the Femme Fatale, like something wasn't right, while most of the fans were eating everything that was put out there of "Britney". But regardless, and regarding the subject of the Zone, I don't think it would ever exist... and if it did, it would be sooner.

Or something else, we don't know her team tactics to milk more money from her brand... at this stage they know that WE know, so there is no turning back.

Even if, I think it would be suspicious for us that they're putting something like this, like suddenly, out of nowhere.

We never liked her team since at least 2011, if you look back on the comments you'll see that. Also it wouldn't be the first time they're milking her hard, Britney is a very expressive person even if she can't speak out much. Every time she was doing something she didn't want to do, you could tell it just by looking at her face:

12 minutes ago, Nickey said:

Even if, I think it would be suspicious for us that they're putting something like this, like suddenly, out of nowhere.

We never liked her team since at least 2011, if you look back on the comments you'll see that. Also it wouldn't be the first time they're milking her hard, Britney is a very expressive person even if she can't speak out much. Every time she was doing something she didn't want to do, you could tell it just by looking at her face:

the last part :yelping: LITERALLY BRITNEY JEAN

1 hour ago, Lorenzo said:

Probably fans would have supported it but still I don’t think most of us would’ve been happy about it. Like we’d probably complain that they’re milking her legacy and stuff 

THIS. Some of you saying you wouldn’t have supported it because you knew what the conservatorship was doing are damn liars... I can’t  :cackling:

Y’all knew what they were doing when they announced her as a Vegas act, extended it for 5,000 years, and took it on tour, and you still supported it. You knew they were milking her for every penny she’s worth and you went to multiple shows, bought meet and greets, and spent some serious coin on merch. The same would have been done for The Zone. We would have complained that it was just another cash grab by her team, banking on her legacy... But we would have supported it by going, buying souvenirs, and posting pics (myself included). Come on now :frenchy:

Probably but it’s just so see through now. I mean we’re in the midst of a FreeBritney campaign and her team know it yet they’re still trying to squeeze the life out of her career by using any opportunity to feed us cheap crap to keep their bank balances going. This isn’t even about Britney anymore it’s the monsters who are leaching from her and have been for years. 

POM was a joke too. The tour was just so cheaply done, cheap outfits, no props, no attempt to sing live. Just a really standard show not one you’d expect from an iconic singer. 

$$$$ all they care about

• Super Mods
14 hours ago, Stifler's Mom said:

this. even back since 2011 you could tell her "off" look from the Femme Fatale, like something wasn't right, while most of the fans were eating everything that was put out there of "Britney". But regardless, and regarding the subject of the Zone, I don't think it would ever exist... and if it did, it would be sooner.

Or something else, we don't know her team tactics to milk more money from her brand... at this stage they know that WE know, so there is no turning back.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29576cb6fdaa1b09d83f

The last thing Britney did that I really supported was POM in Vegas. I think it was good for her personally and as a professional performer. She seemed to have a great balance in her life with her kids and being a pop star. It made sense to enjoy and support as a fan. And you could see that she was So Happy too, she was beaming. And then it all fell apart after 2016 cuz it was pushed on for too long. The cheap rendition that they took on tour was fun to see in person but was a bad decision ultimately, she was visibly stressed and not enjoying it. You could see it as a member in the audience and after the FFT it was an even bigger blow to her live reputation. That’s the sort of thing I have a big problem putting my money and energy as a Britney Lover into. I’ll buy the vinyls, cuz they’re fab but won’t go any further. Ps, they  need to give her a break, and higher royalties if they’re gonna continuously sell her music and image while she’s going through all of this legal work, it’s so seriously shady. 

Honestly I wouldn't. I stopped checking for her after Britney Jean and only came back for Glory (and I even feel bad about having supported Glory). Then... I went back to not spend a dime on her. It's not interesting for me, and The Zone particularly has a really awful aura in regards to dull compartmentalizement and unauthorized take over of her and her collabs creative ideas. it achieved that aura without any previous context. And I am not in the States lol.

But y'all are still buying vinyls and such, so I wouldn't say y'all are 100% boycotting her brand.

Archived