(Old thread) A complete list of every single Britney Spears song intended for each album

Wait, looking through this list again and I have a question - are Love the Hurt Away with Full Force and Love the Hurt Away with Don Philip two different songs with the same title? Although I seem to remember Don said in an interview years ago he and Britney recorded a different version of the Full Force demo which leaked online.

On 6/4/2021 at 8:12 AM, Isla said:

Wait, looking through this list again and I have a question - are Love the Hurt Away with Full Force and Love the Hurt Away with Don Philip two different songs with the same title? Although I seem to remember Don said in an interview years ago he and Britney recorded a different version of the Full Force demo which leaked online.

I think they're two versions of the same song. The Full Force version is the demo, the Don Philip version is the scrapped official version.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

I think they're two versions of the same song. The Full Force version is the demo, the Don Philip version is the scrapped official version.

Yeah that’s what I thought, seeing them on the list made me think they might be two different songs though dd

On 6/4/2021 at 2:12 PM, Isla said:

15 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

The Full Force one is not the demo, it's the original version.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Louis-j said:

How is it not a demo? It sounds quite rough from the leak we’ve had. Unless you’re saying that Britney rerecorded the song with Don?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Isla said:

How is it not a demo? It sounds quite rough from the leak we’ve had. Unless you’re saying that Britney rerecorded the song with Don?

Keep in mind that leaked songs are usually leaked in bad quality, which can make them sound less finished. (Sugarfall is a good example)

The song was sadly axed after the Max Martin sessions when they made the entire record more pop. They probably tried to rework the song and added Don but it didn't work. I wish I Will Still Love You didn't work either. :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

35 minutes ago, Louis-j said:

Keep in mind that leaked songs are usually leaked in bad quality, which can make them sound less finished. (Sugarfall is a good example)

The song was sadly axed after the Max Martin sessions when they made the entire record more pop. They probably tried to rework the song and added Don but it didn't work. I wish I Will Still Love You didn't work either. :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

Oh really? That does sound accurate. (PlayboyMommy you might know more?) Love (Luv?) the Hurt Away is a much better song than I Will Still Love You which is very bland, Love the Hurt Away at least gave Britney the chance to show off her vocals. Although the first version of Hooked On (Sugarfall) that leaked is a demo, as it leaked from a demo CD, and that's the case with the other Blackout outtakes that leaked from the same CD. The final version appeared online earlier this year (there was a thread about it). 

Edited by Isla
36 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Britney originally recorded Better In Time by Leona?!? I can’t imagine that song by her, what is the source for that one?

Also I want the Christmas songs she recorded to leak so bad! 

The source for Better In Time is on the previous page as I asked about it before. I also can’t imagine her singing but it I guess the lyrics kinda relate to what she was going through at the time?

9 hours ago, Isla said:

The source for Better In Time is on the previous page as I asked about it before. I also can’t imagine her singing but it I guess the lyrics kinda relate to what she was going through at the time?

Yeah I guess the lyrics do fit, maybe the over all sound of it was completely changed for Leona because the song as released doesn’t seem like something she’d record for Blackout. 

On 6/7/2021 at 2:12 PM, Louis-j said:

I looked it up again and according to Don Philip his version was cut first but he also claimed that they both recorded Pleasure You together so take that with a grain of salt :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

There's another duet that wasn't released titled "Love The Hurt Away", we finished it but the label thought it was too urban, but we did sang it together! It's a shame that it wasn't released. Full Force later recorded a demo with Britney but it doesn't resemble our original version

23 hours ago, Isla said:

Oh really? That does sound accurate. (PlayboyMommy you might know more?) Love (Luv?) the Hurt Away is a much better song than I Will Still Love You which is very bland, Love the Hurt Away at least gave Britney the chance to show off her vocals

I always assumed that his version was produced by Eric Foster White since he mentions how much they worked together in that same interview but he actually doesn't specify who produced it

For the longest time I thought that the Full Force sessions were the very first thing she did for the album but I guess I was wrong too

It's such a shame that stuff like recording dates aren't more well documented like I've wanting to make a proper recording timeline thread for a while but honestly I wouldn't even know where to start

11 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Yeah I guess the lyrics do fit, maybe the over all sound of it was completely changed for Leona because the song as released doesn’t seem like something she’d record for Blackout. 

Better in Time is registered twice so it's most definitely an entirely different version, that's if in fact she did record it of course

11 minutes ago, PlayboyMommy said:

I always assumed that his version was produced by Eric Foster White since he mentions how much they worked together in that same interview but he actually doesn't specify who produced it

For the longest time I thought that the Full Force sessions were the very first thing she did for the album but I guess I was wrong too

Nevermind he did mention that it was done by Full Force on a separate interview :orangu_orangutan_ape:

When was the first time you worked with Britney?
"When I was 16 with Full Force on the song Heal The Hurt Away. It was not released. "We sounded too soulful" they said"

27 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

IIRC, wasn't it pitched to both Britney AND P!nk before Xtina got it?

Only thing I heard back in the days is that Linda Perry wanted to keep the song for her, it was supposed to be her great comeback song or something like that. And then Christina pushed hard to get it. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

7 hours ago, Circuit said:

Is anyone else not able to access the first page of this thread lol

I've been trying every time I get onto exhale and it's the only page I have an issue with lol

I did have issues loading it the other night but I guess it was just Exhale being slow?