How much of Glory is still worth listening to?

I’ve made a playlist with my favorite songs from the album and put them in a more cohesive order, and I’m still not sick of it. Here’s the playlist if you’re interested: 

• 1. Invitation
  • 2. Make Me...
  • 3. Man on the Moon
  • 4. Just Luv Me
  • 5. Better
  • 6. Mood Ring
  • 7. Do You Wanna Come Over?
  • 8. Slumber Party
  • 9. Just Like Me
  • 10. Love Me Down
  • 11. Change Your Mind
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, DontTellMeToShutMyEyes said:

Clumsy is awful. At the time, I think Glory deserved to be there. I think it still does in that the album is one of her most cohesive but I find it odd how it's no longer one of my favourites after I spent so long liking it. Surely a good album should hold up? As for Blackout, I've asked people why they like it so much before and I still can't see the appeal of this album. Apparently it's dark and experimental. If you say so. Again, I don't hate the album, I just do not understand the love for it. You said Toy Soldier was the only okay song. That's how I feel about every song apart from the singles, Get Naked (I do like that one) and maybe Freakshow because she does it on tour. People (not saying you) act like liking Blackout makes them cultured or something. I think the problem for me is that Britney has never made a perfect album. Even ITZ is a 9/10. A lot of artists I like have the same problem eg "Thank U Next is a work of art". No, it's not. The singles are good (and even that's pushing it) but the album as a whole is 5/10. I'm happy that people love Blackout but I still fail to see why it's so beloved. I know people have tried explaining to me but I don't think I'll ever fully get it and that's fine so I won't keep slagging it off.

I totally respect your opinion for Blackout. I feel the same for ITZ, I don't know why people say it's one of B's best albums.
Tbh, it's my least fave album, and like you said, "I just do not understand the love for it". I only love 4 songs (Boom Boom, The Hook Up, Shadow & Everytime) & that's it.

25 minutes ago, DontTellMeToShutMyEyes said:

Clumsy is awful. At the time, I think Glory deserved to be there. I think it still does in that the album is one of her most cohesive but I find it odd how it's no longer one of my favourites after I spent so long liking it. Surely a good album should hold up? As for Blackout, I've asked people why they like it so much before and I still can't see the appeal of this album. Apparently it's dark and experimental. If you say so. Again, I don't hate the album, I just do not understand the love for it. You said Toy Soldier was the only okay song. That's how I feel about every song apart from the singles, Get Naked (I do like that one) and maybe Freakshow because she does it on tour. People (not saying you) act like liking Blackout makes them cultured or something. I think the problem for me is that Britney has never made a perfect album. Even ITZ is a 9/10. A lot of artists I like have the same problem eg "Thank U Next is a work of art". No, it's not. The singles are good (and even that's pushing it) but the album as a whole is 5/10. I'm happy that people love Blackout but I still fail to see why it's so beloved. I know people have tried explaining to me but I don't think I'll ever fully get it and that's fine so I won't keep slagging it off.

I totally respect your opinion for Blackout. I feel the same for ITZ, I don't know why people say it's one of B's best albums.
Tbh, it's my least fave album, and like you said, "I just do not understand the love for it". I only love 4 songs (Boom Boom, The Hook Up, Shadow & Everytime) & that's it.

1 minute ago, dark_wolf said:

I guess sometimes words just aren't enough because ITZ is my favourite. I won't "educate" you on why I think that because we all like different sounds and themes but I think the reason I like it is because to me, all (or most) of the songs sound as if they belong there and work together. I hate when people say "it's not cohesive" because if every song sounded the same, it'd be boring as hell but with ITZ, the songs sound different but work together if that makes sense. I guess that's how people feel about Blackout. I certainly feel the same for Britney but the tracks on that album do sound quite similar, unlike ITZ. Nevertheless, I think that's why Britney is my second favourite, because I like the theme/sound of 1 song and because that theme/sound is repeated throughout the album, I like most of the album. I guess for some people those ideas and sounds are quite dated but then surely Baby and Oops are even more dated?

The songs are quite good but realistically the album is a mess. It's a bunch of Pop songs put together without making any sense. It's a huge step in the right direction after "Britney Jean" tho

But her inspiration being Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber shows that she's still kinda stuck in a TeenPop Music World in which she doesn't fit anymore. 

I expect her to deliver cohesive, well-produced, trend-setting Pop albums (like she did with "Blackout"). Especially after 20 years in the music industry and at her age, she should be at the top of her artistry.

She can do so much better, I have high hopes for B10.:brit:

10 minutes ago, SonOfSun said:

The songs are quite good but realistically the album is a mess. It's a bunch of Pop songs put together without making any sense. It's a huge step in the right direction after "Britney Jean" tho

But her inspiration being Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber shows that she's still kinda stuck in a TeenPop Music World in which she doesn't fit anymore. 

I expect her to deliver cohesive, well-produced, trend-setting Pop albums (like she did with "Blackout"). Especially after 20 years in the music industry and at her age, she should be at the top of her artistry.

She can do so much better, I have high hopes for B10.:brit:

As long as it sounds catchy but not in a cheesy way, I'm happy. I know what you mean about teenpop. It is often basic but then so are "amazing" albums like Confessions On A Dancefloor. I don't need Britney to be experimental. I just want her to be Britney. Not necessarily doing the same things she's done before but just being herself. I can't understand why Madonna is constantly "reinventing". I can understand it for musical purposes but the visuals are just stupid. I know Britney did the circus theme but I feel that worked. The only thing Madonna did well was the cowboy theme. Madame X as a persona is just stupid.

All of it? I mean I'm sure its aged and there is the issue of there being no meat in the choruses, but I actually don't give a crap about any of that, if the music's good.

Spoiler

Except for Hard Not To Skip Ya, of course. 

Oh, I see people mentioning it being in the Trinity? It's not in mine. It's good, but that belongs to Britney, ITZ, and Blackout.

• Super Mods
4 hours ago, DontTellMeToShutMyEyes said:

I think you're right but it's strange how I haven't listened to the album in ages and yet I'm sick of it. It probably is PS and DYWCO appearing on my playlist so often but it's weird because I love MM. As for Revival, I do look back and think "why did I love some of these songs eg Me And My Girls/Same Old Love" but Sober and Me And The Rhythm still do it for me.

Lol that’s me too. I never get tired of MM. there is something about it. What’s funny is yesterday I was watching the mv for Good for you and at the time I thought it was ground breaking but now I see it as just a basic bop. 

Archived