How much of Glory is still worth listening to?

I would say about half. 

Honestly private show and what you need are so fun but the vocals kill the vibe in parts. They should have changed the vocal arrangement and production.

make me still holds up

Change your mind

BETTER

Love me down

Man on the moon was an instant fave that lost some steam for me

slumber party got tired :jj:

hard to forget ya never existed

liar stays buried under a pile of cash with Donald duck and his nephews

Best vocals on the album are just like me although the song is pretty stupid 

Clumsy says it all

DYWCO :whatitellu:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Thecodeman25 said:

I would say about half. 

Honestly private show and what you need are so fun but the vocals kill the vibe in parts. They should have changed the vocal arrangement and production.

make me still holds up

Change your mind

BETTER

Love me down

Man on the moon was an instant fave that lost some steam for me

slumber party got tired :jj:

hard to forget ya never existed

liar stay buried under a pile of cash with Donald doc and his nephews

Best vocals on the album are just like me although the song is pretty stupid 

Clumsy says it all

DYWCO :whatitellu:

I just listened to 10 seconds of Better to see if I still can't stand it and surprise! I can't. The song itself is nothing special but it's that awful beat after she sings "it's so much better" that does my head in :selena:

2 minutes ago, DontTellMeToShutMyEyes said:

I just listened to 10 seconds of Better to see if I still can't stand it and surprise! I can't. The song itself is nothing special but it's that awful beat after she sings "it's so much better" that does my head in :selena:

It’s generic, but still a bop.

So I agree with you on Britney being an absolutely fantastic album. It's very much so underappreciated and I adore listening to it in full. I also agree with you that Glory feels very meh for me at the moment (Love Me Down will forever be a bop though :mcry:).

But then again, I was always somewhat critical of Glory. When it was first released, I had very mixed views on it. I've come to love it more, but I still remain set on my opinion that songs such as Clumsy are very generic sounding. 

But you will not come for Blackout. That album is a NECESSARY. COMPONENT. for the Holy Trinity. NEARLY every song on that album is good (Toy Soldier is just ok :jj:)

But anyways. I understand you questioning Glory's placement within the Holy Trinity, but it's there, like it or not. That album marked a significant time to be a Britney stan, and while I don't think the album still holds up (if it ever did), I will always be grateful for it. 

Okay rant's over. :)

• Super Mods
2 hours ago, DontTellMeToShutMyEyes said:

I know what you mean. I do like Glory, I just think I've fallen out of love with it but that'll probably change again at some point. It's like Revival by Selena. I loved it at the time but now I never listen to it. I occasionally play Good For You and Kill Em With Kindness but I can't be bothered to listen to the album or any of the other songs, even songs I just randomly remember like Sober, which I think "ooh that's a good song" but there's something preventing me from wanting to hear it again. It's probably because like Glory, I overplayed it at the time and I'm still a bit sick of it, which is a shame but it's a cycle. Give it a month and I'll probably be sick of ABBA :cuteidk:

I own both albums but I don’t get that vibe at all. I liked Rival initially but it’s boring as hell. I still listen to Glory, although I had a small time period where I was sick of the album ( though I still play a few tracks on my phone) but one day I popped it back in my car stereo and forgotten how great it was. You probably just need a break.

4 hours ago, DontTellMeToShutMyEyes said:

Where would you guys rate Glory on your list of her albums? Top 3?

1. Glory
  2. Blackout
  3. Britney

When it comes to the songs, the only ones I rarely listen are Invitation, Just Like Me & Just Love Me.
And I have only the solo versions of Glory's singles, they're way better than the ones ft the rapper or Tinasha.

I love Glory. 

Loved Make Me since day one. Loved Slumber Party. If I’m Dancing, Clumsy & DYWCO are instant classics to me, up there with Stronger/Crazy, but not quite WorkBitch/Toxic. Honestly, I still listen to Glory on the regular. Still a jam. It’s probably in my top 3 or 4 albums overall. Feels authentic and real to me. Like ITZ. 

Slide down my pole, watch me spin it and twerk it.. jam.

1 hour ago, rik said:

clumsy, what you need, and private show (ik britney loves them but...) could have all been replaced by any of the bonus tracks and it would be even more critically acclaimed (which it is for a pop record in 2016 regardless of their inclusion on the standard edition).

while the tracks Better, Hard To Forget Ya, and Invitation are objectively good tracks, particularly for the fans on here, their removal from the standard edition would likely rid glory of any comparisons to Selena Gomez's Revival (Invitation screams Revival) or Justin Bieber's Purpose (The instrumental that makes up the Better chorus sounds like it could be a JB outtake in certain parts but I still love it for her vocals, plus its catchy). I still listen to all if they come on shuffle.

In my opinion, Make Me, Man On The Moon, Slumber Party (even with the remix ft. Tinashe), Just Like Me, Love Me Down, Change Your Mind, Liar, Just Luv Me, If I'm Dancing, Coupure Electrique, and Mood Ring are excellent and fresh tracks worthy of multiple listens even now.

Also if the tracks listed above were released as the only glory tracks, i honestly think the quality of the music would deserve a visual album as an accompaniment lol

Clumsy is a jam for the “oops” throwback alone. And What You Need is fireney. Ugh I love Glory.

The critics always get amnesia when it comes to Brit. SO MUCH HATE on release/promo, and then look back a year or two later, and like clockwork everyone’s all dead *** “Glory is classic.” Happens literally every album. No one knows how to be grateful in the moment. Sad. 

I've fallen inlove with Glory all over again. Been blasting on my way to work for the last two weeks and listening to it in full at work. Brilliant album, love her voice and attitude. Love the production. Make Me is still my all time favorite Britney song. 

love Glory. It really does sound like a more mature and confident ITZ (zero shade to the latter). That’s not to say Glory is better than ITZ though. Make Me, Just Luv Me, Slumber Party (yes, f**king SP), Love Me Down, Change Your Mind and Liar are all superb. Invitation, DYWCO, HTFGY, and Coupure Electrique are also great. Private Show and What You Need are so Britney it hurts (same with DYWCO) and I love it. Clumsy is OK sometimes, Man on the Moon is cute but maybe a bit syrupy for me. Better could have actually been a better song, it feels a little cheap but manages to be OK sometimes. If I’m Dancing was great the first time I heard it, but completely meh after that. Just Like Me is my least favorite but still alright. 

Glory is mostly great for me with a few OK songs and only 2 meh songs that aren’t even bad-just boring. 

I listen to Glory often throughout every week with small breaks here and there. It’s definitely in my Top 2.  

10 hours ago, AmorProhibido said:

So I agree with you on Britney being an absolutely fantastic album. It's very much so underappreciated and I adore listening to it in full. I also agree with you that Glory feels very meh for me at the moment (Love Me Down will forever be a bop though :mcry:).

But then again, I was always somewhat critical of Glory. When it was first released, I had very mixed views on it. I've come to love it more, but I still remain set on my opinion that songs such as Clumsy are very generic sounding. 

But you will not come for Blackout. That album is a NECESSARY. COMPONENT. for the Holy Trinity. NEARLY every song on that album is good (Toy Soldier is just ok :jj:)

But anyways. I understand you questioning Glory's placement within the Holy Trinity, but it's there, like it or not. That album marked a significant time to be a Britney stan, and while I don't think the album still holds up (if it ever did), I will always be grateful for it. 

Okay rant's over. :)

Clumsy is awful. At the time, I think Glory deserved to be there. I think it still does in that the album is one of her most cohesive but I find it odd how it's no longer one of my favourites after I spent so long liking it. Surely a good album should hold up? As for Blackout, I've asked people why they like it so much before and I still can't see the appeal of this album. Apparently it's dark and experimental. If you say so. Again, I don't hate the album, I just do not understand the love for it. You said Toy Soldier was the only okay song. That's how I feel about every song apart from the singles, Get Naked (I do like that one) and maybe Freakshow because she does it on tour. People (not saying you) act like liking Blackout makes them cultured or something. I think the problem for me is that Britney has never made a perfect album. Even ITZ is a 9/10. A lot of artists I like have the same problem eg "Thank U Next is a work of art". No, it's not. The singles are good (and even that's pushing it) but the album as a whole is 5/10. I'm happy that people love Blackout but I still fail to see why it's so beloved. I know people have tried explaining to me but I don't think I'll ever fully get it and that's fine so I won't keep slagging it off.

9 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

I own both albums but I don’t get that vibe at all. I liked Rival initially but it’s boring as hell. I still listen to Glory, although I had a small time period where I was sick of the album ( though I still play a few tracks on my phone) but one day I popped it back in my car stereo and forgotten how great it was. You probably just need a break.

I think you're right but it's strange how I haven't listened to the album in ages and yet I'm sick of it. It probably is PS and DYWCO appearing on my playlist so often but it's weird because I love MM. As for Revival, I do look back and think "why did I love some of these songs eg Me And My Girls/Same Old Love" but Sober and Me And The Rhythm still do it for me.

10 hours ago, rik said:

clumsy, what you need, and private show (ik britney loves them but...) could have all been replaced by any of the bonus tracks and it would be even more critically acclaimed (which it is for a pop record in 2016 regardless of their inclusion on the standard edition).

while the tracks Better, Hard To Forget Ya, and Invitation are objectively good tracks, particularly for the fans on here, their removal from the standard edition would likely rid glory of any comparisons to Selena Gomez's Revival (Invitation screams Revival) or Justin Bieber's Purpose (The instrumental that makes up the Better chorus sounds like it could be a JB outtake in certain parts but I still love it for her vocals, plus its catchy). I still listen to all if they come on shuffle.

In my opinion, Make Me, Man On The Moon, Slumber Party (even with the remix ft. Tinashe), Just Like Me, Love Me Down, Change Your Mind, Liar, Just Luv Me, If I'm Dancing, Coupure Electrique, and Mood Ring are excellent and fresh tracks worthy of multiple listens even now.

Also if the tracks listed above were released as the only glory tracks, i honestly think the quality of the music would deserve a visual album as an accompaniment lol

It's so weird but I think if only those last tracks you mentioned were on the album, I'd probably listen to it now. I still don't like Just Like Me that much and I'm not sure why Mood Ring is so well loved but the selection of songs you've chosen do, as you say, sound fresh. Even Coupure Electrique which is let's face it, a weird song, does still sound fresh because it's so Un-Britney and different to anything else, is something I would listen to again because it is memorable.

Archived