How much of Glory is still worth listening to?

I loved the album when it came out. I still like it although I haven't played the cd in ages. I have Make Me, DYWCO, Slumber Party and Private Show on my phone and it got me thinking how much of the album I still actually like. I loved DYWCO when I first heard it but I've had that and Private Show come up a lot on shuffle and I'm a bit bored of them now. I'm somewhat bored of Slumber Party but I still really love Make Me. As for the rest of the album, I still love Man On The Moon and to a lesser extent, What You Need, Love Me Down, Change Your Mind and maybe Liar but that's it. I never liked Clumsy, never got the appeal of Just Like Me (I know a lot of you like it) and same goes for Mood Ring. Maybe it is a good song but it made no impact on me. I still think it's a good album but I don't love it as much as I did. Not trying to compare the 2 but I honestly think Britney is a better album and I know that's blasphemous on here but looking back, I'm like "why is Glory in the trinity"? I'd ask why Blackout is there too but I go on about that album too much. I'm not trying to turn this into a Britney discussion but that for me is honestly her second best album. I will never understand the hate or lack of appreciation for it. A lot of you act like you're music experts saying "it was a transitional album for her", "it lacked direction" etc but listening to the album on vinyl brought me so much joy and not just for the nostalgia. It is a good album. Baby and Oops as albums are meh but a lot of the album tracks on Britney are memorable, which cannot be said for Glory. Or at least, I can no longer say that. I actually had to look up the album to see what songs were on it. I forgot all about Change Your Mind and that's actually one of my favourites. I know I'm all over the place with this thread but going back to the question, how much of it is still worth listening to? If I played the cd now, I'd play Make Me (I like the song, come at me), Man On The Moon and maybe Slumber Party. Even the songs I said I liked just aren't enough for me to want to listen or sing along to anymore. It might just be a phase but I would genuinely listen to more songs on Britney Jean than Glory at this moment in time. And yes, I semi like Britney Jean. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, resort2havoc said:

I stan glory and my skin is clearer for it :arianabye:

So that's the secret to your amazing skin?!

7 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Glory is a fabulous album and has really lost no appeal for me. I listen to it all the way through often. It still sounds just as fresh as it did almost 3 years ago. 

Where would you guys rate Glory on your list of her albums? Top 3?

Not gonna lie, Glory is kinda all I listen to now. I feel guilty for saying I like it significantly more then Blackout but I think that’s because I grew quite tired of electronic music. Don’t get me wrong, I still listen to Blackout quite a bit, almost as much as Glory.

its definitely my favorite album she’s ever done.

25 minutes ago, colormefresh said:

It’s got at least 5 great songs, so it’s a success. It kinda reminds me of ITZ because the whole album is enjoyable but you only listen to those standouts.

Most artists can’t even get 2 mediocre songs on an album let alone something like Love Me Down or Change Your Mind.

I know what you mean. I do like Glory, I just think I've fallen out of love with it but that'll probably change again at some point. It's like Revival by Selena. I loved it at the time but now I never listen to it. I occasionally play Good For You and Kill Em With Kindness but I can't be bothered to listen to the album or any of the other songs, even songs I just randomly remember like Sober, which I think "ooh that's a good song" but there's something preventing me from wanting to hear it again. It's probably because like Glory, I overplayed it at the time and I'm still a bit sick of it, which is a shame but it's a cycle. Give it a month and I'll probably be sick of ABBA :cuteidk:

13 minutes ago, DontTellMeToShutMyEyes said:

It's refreshing to see someone who places Britney 1st. I think in terms of singles, Britney's my favourite but as an album, it's 2nd after In The Zone. You have good taste :awyeah:

Thanks! :imcute:  Britney has some great Pop songs on it. Each of her first 3 albums do. They are so special because they’re essential to an amazing era of music. Millennial Bops.  :yasqueen:

Archived