This Day In Pop: Britney Spears Injures Her Knee Filming “Outrageous” (June 8, 2004)

• Leader

This Day In Pop: Britney Spears injured her knee while filming the video for “Outrageous” on June 8, 2004.

Some consider it the beginning of the end, but however you decide to interpret it, Britney Spears’ knee injury on-set of her music video for “Outrageous” 15-years ago changed the trajectory of the pop titan’s performance offerings for good. It’s a sore subject for all of the B Army, but an important component in understanding one of the many reasons why she does not perform as she did in the past. For our latest installment of This Day In Pop, BreatheHeavy is revisiting the summer night when the singer took to the streets of Queens, New York to film the clip to the hip-hop-charged track and seemingly put a nail in the coffin to the promotional trail for 2003’s In The Zone.

Read the full story here:

knee.jpg.b2eef0ed6eddb83a16bcf110b7bfb582.jpg

• Like 5

I'm curious, do you guys think she would not have lasted with Kevin and her career would be completely different if this injury did not happen and she continued the tour? I feel like the stress would still drive her to partying 

• Like 4
  • 11 months later...

If only Jive would have listened to her and release Breathe on Me instead of Outrageous as fourth single,
all her story would have change :icant2:

Although as she was in love with Kevin soo badly, with our without injure they would have still got married eventually. 

• Like 4
On 6/8/2019 at 1:03 PM, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

This really was the beginning of the end as far as I’m concerned.

I don’t think she even wanted to release Outrageous as a single in the first place. She said in a TMF interview in 2003 that she thought it was a cool song but it wasn’t one of her favourites and that she thought there was better on the album. To which I have to agree. Breathe on Me or Touch of My Hand should have been singles before Outrageous became the natural choice. I think they wanted to go down the more hip pop route with the featuring of Snoop Dogg. I think he might have actually had a rap instead of the middle 8 had it been released. 

That along with the gruelling schedule of the Onyx Hotel Tour and how busy her life was at the time - I think she was so over it. After that the OHT was cancelled and she literally went off with Kevin :decisions:

yeah it was all thanks to the Batwoman movie and the label thinking the album would get more exposure with it

• Like 1