This Day In Pop: Britney Spears Injures Her Knee Filming “Outrageous” (June 8, 2004)

43 minutes ago, boyinthemirror said:

Everything about this song was so jinxed. I think I read somewhere she didn't even want this song on the album? Or maybe she just didn't want it released as a single? Her label was on ***** choosing this one over so many others. :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

It wouldn’t surprise me, Jive wanted it as the lead single and Britney had to fight to release Me Against the Music. 

Edited by Isla
  • Like 2
8 minutes ago, Isla said:

It wouldn’t surprise me, Jive wanted it as the lead single and Britney had to fight to release Me Against the Music. 

Omg yes. I'm 50% sure she had to fight to release Toxic over this as well. Mother****ng TOXIC!! :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh::yeahsure_britney_ftr_for_the_record_yeah_nod_yes_white:
I watched a JC Chasez documentary a few weeks ago and I found out the big boss of Jive back then was a huge R&B enthusiast. I think they pushed for a collab with R. Kelly so bad and then put the same energy on a single release to make him happy. :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, boyinthemirror said:

Omg yes. I'm 50% sure she had to fight to release Toxic over this as well. Mother****ng TOXIC!! :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh::yeahsure_britney_ftr_for_the_record_yeah_nod_yes_white:
I watched a JC Chasez documentary a few weeks ago and I found out the big boss of Jive back then was a huge R&B enthusiast. I think they pushed for a collab with R. Kelly so bad and then put the same energy on a single release to make him happy. :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

Yeah she had to fight for Toxic too, Jive hadn't even considered it as a single up until then which I find crazy. Sure R&B was in at the time but some of the most single-friendly songs on In the Zone weren't necessarily the R&B songs. Although (I Got That) Boom Boom could have done well.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Isla said:

Britney had to fight to release Toxic as a single instead of Boom Boom too. Her label had no sense of good or mediocre on that album I swear 

• Like 2
On 6/8/2021 at 1:15 PM, Isla said:

Yeah she had to fight for Toxic too, Jive hadn't even considered it as a single up until then which I find crazy. Sure R&B was in at the time but some of the most single-friendly songs on In the Zone weren't necessarily the R&B songs. Although (I Got That) Boom Boom could have done well.

jive not wanting to release toxic as a single has the same feeling of they not releasing big fat bass in 2011 

that song wouldve hit #1 easily in 2011

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Jefferson Silva said:

jive not wanting to release toxic as a single has the same feeling of they not releasing big fat bass in 2011 

that song wouldve hit #1 easily in 2011

Except Big Fat Bass wouldn’t have been a good single choice at all.

On 6/9/2021 at 1:42 PM, bas che said:

...and never did Britney ever dance as good again. 

I saw an excerpt from a documentary a few days ago when Brit was doing her promotional tour for In The Zone.She had several appearances in one night in different clubs.She sat on the floor and said her legs hurt terribly, she has huge pain and she can't move.Maybe it was just a lot of sore muscles and her legs were strained.

But maybe it has to do with the fact that she can no longer dance. Because after that she had the accident on the Outrageous Set on Top.

Even after her accident at the Oops set, she only got a few hours of sleep and had to continue working afterwards. I don't even know if she was in the hospital or if she was just sewn on set.

What her team did and still do to her is in my opinion mayhem. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

I prefer Big Fat Bass to Scream & Shout. I think it probably would have been a good single. I used to love it but in recent years never really listened to it again. The single choices for FF were pretty good though.

Ooh well I don’t really like Big Fat Bass that much tbh :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: 

14 hours ago, Cinderella85 said:

I saw an excerpt from a documentary a few days ago when Brit was doing her promotional tour for In The Zone.She had several appearances in one night in different clubs.She sat on the floor and said her legs hurt terribly, she has huge pain and she can't move.Maybe it was just a lot of sore muscles and her legs were strained.

But maybe it has to do with the fact that she can no longer dance. Because after that she had the accident on the Outrageous Set on Top.

Even after her accident at the Oops set, she only got a few hours of sleep and had to continue working afterwards. I don't even know if she was in the hospital or if she was just sewn on set.

What her team did and still do to her is in my opinion mayhem. 

No one danced like Britney at her peak, maybe Janet and Ciara. Though after the injury her dancing career was practicing over. Some rehearsals such as the leaked footage of Mannequin was good not bad but nowhere near as her pre-injury days.

it really sucks and I can relate to some extent. I was a gymnast and could pull off high level moves but then had an injury which forced me to stop doing any gymnastics for good. I was depressed got a while but got over it and sought other hobbies. Life moves on. I pray that Britney finds a way to channel her passion, be it her craft or through something else entirely.