[Video] Britney and Sam at the Disney Store (May 19)

jennyj

9 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

lol, I might have to use the R word here.. :nyheadache:

you say I should stop telling people how they should feel yet at the same time you downright tell me what I was thinking and what my intentions were.. "I see right through it".. umm, see through your own hypocrisy, dimwit.. :hairflip: as I said, I did not know it was an ethnic slur, I thought it would be a cute nickname for a Middle Eastern guy, big deal.. you should educate yourself on what racism is because there's not even a pinch of prejudice against any specific race or ethnicity in me, get that through your thick skull.. peace and don't forget to downvote this too you petty airhead.. :toocute:

I think the lesson you've learned is to think before you type, dumb ***. Oh and I didn't forget to downvote! ****

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

after a little bit of Googling:

apparently "Kebab" is an actual documented "ethnic slur".. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs#T

I wasn't aware of that but considering it's impossible to know every ethnic slur out there and since I didn't mean it in a derogatory way, I'd say - no harm done.. next time, I'll know better not to use it.. :unbothered:

Look at all those downvotes you're getting! ??

Honestly I agree with you... You weren't aware it was a racist slur and everyone is overreacting. It's not like we have a complete dictionary of racist terms we shouldn't use 

3 hours ago, annonymous said:

Oh come on dont be so sensitive. Here in holland they call us tatas since we always eat potatoes. Why should I be offended by this. 

Just because you tolerate and are ok with racist slurs against you does not negate the fact that it is racism and it is offensive. 

I've been called 'white owl' before - I dn, I thought it was funny. 

I get though that calling someone a food of their heritage is offensive....I guess? It kind of implies that you reduce their heritage down to a few stereotypes - so it leaves ppl thinking "hmm what else do you think about my background..." like if I called a muslim person "hummus" they might be like....uhm......

they don't necc know I have no offensive feelings about muslim people - they only know I have the capacity to reduce it. which is unsettling for them because ppl do assume they are terrorists and then get attacked. 

if someone called me 'mcdonalds' or 'trailer park' I would just kind of chuckle. but if they called me kkk or something I would be offended - not only because I don't affiliate with the kkk beliefs, but ppl believing I'm part of kkk could bring violence against me. 

overall though, I believe if theres a vibe of trust, we can all call each other fun food names. <3 

3 hours ago, Girl On The Moon said:

Just because you tolerate and are ok with racist slurs against you does not negate the fact that it is racism and it is offensive. 

What is racist about tata? We eat lots of potatoes here so yeah they can call us tata. I really don't care. I am proud of my culture. Each country has something that makes them unique. What does it matter when people use that. Nothing racist about it tbh. You are too sensitive.

I hate it that everything in this world is called racist nowadays. Always drama for nothing. When people really HATE on a certain group of people, then its racist. I don't see any of this hate. 

7 hours ago, Tittywitty said:

886DE337-053C-447F-9E55-A00D13D427CF.gif

6016DCC5-332B-4A7F-B1EE-11F83B8277DB.gif  6016DCC5-332B-4A7F-B1EE-11F83B8277DB.gif  6016DCC5-332B-4A7F-B1EE-11F83B8277DB.gif

Bless your heart :clap:

40 minutes ago, Mystic Womaney said:

@breatheheavy add this please I wanna use it as a sarcastic shock to comments 

and to pathetic arguments like this thread has become lol

THIS LOL... Let's focus on the iconicness of this sweet and cute moment. Not on some stupid racist crap.  I would totally use that gif for sarcastic shock LOL 
6016DCC5-332B-4A7F-B1EE-11F83B8277DB.gif

Archived