Britney Covers Otis Redding’s “I’ve Been Loving You Too Long”

2 hours ago, blackoutbixxh said:

Honestly, **** the “Britney brand”. Britney is not 16 anymore. She’s a WOMAN. That’s why albums like Blackout and In The Zone are such stan favorites. That’s why we are obsessed with unreleased tracks like State of Grace, Baby Boy, and the 30 seconds of Rebellion that we have... because they are so far from the “Britney brand” they’ve been trying to shove down our throats for the last 20 years. I wish her “team” could see that this is what we want. THIS is raw Britney. 

I feel you, but at the end of the day, she is a product that they want to sell. I mean you say "shove down our throats" but it is a pretty successful brand for someone who has been around for as long as her. 

Sadly, regular stans and the GP don't want this. Stan's will always buy no matter what any new material. You know if she comes out with a full on pop dance album you would buy it. So while these songs are a gem for stans, it likely wouldn't sell to the GP. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, chrisryan said:

How did a pop album like "Blackout" NOT fit the Britney Brand, especially during the time it was released? If Britney released an album like what you are mentioning it would be the FURTHEST away from the Britney brand ever. Let's not kid ourselves, she sounds good on these but she is not a vocalist. I don't know why so many of you think this is a direction that team B would ever go. You will be lucky if you get 1 maybe 2 good ballads per album.  

The last thing I want is a album full of songs like that, and I bet almost all her none stan fans wouldnt want it either. 

Yeah, because her non stan fans were SO here for Blackout...

I know she's not a vocalist, but that's not the point. The thing is Blackout era really reflects her life at the moment: her worst years. An album with a different light and tone like these ballads that didn't make it to Blackout would've contrasted with her personal issues at the moment and she would've been seen from a different, more positive perspective. She was seen as this irresponsible mother of two, that lived as a partying girl along with Paris, and then she releases GM video and that performance and album, and the whole world is just like :whatitellu: 

Both these ballads and the final Blackout were totally different from her first 4 albums. Even if they're ballads they don't sound like the ones from BOMT or OIDIA. Either way it would've represented a change in her fanbase, like it ultimately did in 2007. 

Yes, most of you, the current fans, wouldn't be here if Blackout didn't happen. She just would've gained a different kind of audience. If instead of the VMA's 2007 performance she would've performed a ballad, the whole course of history would've been different. Maybe she would've just been criticized for her lack of vocal skills or most likely for lipsync, but I think I'd rather have that. Instead of those horrible GM and POM videos, we would've just gotten a few boring videos like Someday or something.

But of course it's useless to even imagine what never happen and never will.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, blackoutbixxh said:

Honestly, **** the “Britney brand”. Britney is not 16 anymore. She’s a WOMAN. That’s why albums like Blackout and In The Zone are such stan favorites. That’s why we are obsessed with unreleased tracks like State of Grace, Baby Boy, and the 30 seconds of Rebellion that we have... because they are so far from the “Britney brand” they’ve been trying to shove down our throats for the last 20 years. I wish her “team” could see that this is what we want. THIS is raw Britney. 

If only her team understood this... 

I'm here for her pop anthems, of course, but they need to understand that her public has grown up and that it's not full of teenagers anymore. In fact, the younger audiences doesn't care about her anymore. And yet, they are still trying to sell us the innocent and **** young girl that sings pop songs about *** with a sweet baby voice :nyheadache::whitneyshade: And she can't even dance like she did during her prime :outwithit: So why not change her image for one that it's more "mature"?I think that a big part of her fanbase would love it and even the GP would start to respect her as an artist.

• Like 2
On 4/10/2019 at 11:53 AM, PokemonSpears said:

:haha:

Because the final Blackout fitted the Britney brand a lot...

If Britney released an album with songs like I've Been Loving You or State of Grace, etc I think the impact would've been bigger, maybe not sales-wise but she would've been perceived very differently. Like a true artist and the contrast with her personal life would've made the album even more precious.

Yes, this song is not lead single material or something, but if it was finished it would've made an awesome track.

What are you talking about? They literally branded the name of the album after the fact that most of society thought that Britney was blackout wasted every night. So yea I would say that it matched the Britney brand right on point at the time, sadly, but that is where society was at the time. 

If Britney released the stan's fantasy album as you want, it would be laughed to oblivion by the GP and critics, which I wish wasn't true. However, we all know it would be. We love her voice, I know that I do, but let us be real, the baby voice is ICONIC and will always stay.   Anyways, as stan's, we can all sit here and makeup things we wish for. Or, we could look at the current landscape and see how our girl can come out relevant again. 

I think right now we are actually being sold an idea that will eventually evolve to a new more powerful Britney. While Domination couldn't sell, a show where people want to see if she A) has a mental breakdown any night or B) Is released from her conservatorship and doing what she wants for the first time, will sell. I think this is actually a pretty smart route....however, her team has sucked for a while...but for some reason, I don't think this is planned by her team. I think it is actually something she has been planning for a bit. However, we will have to wait and see. 

....also we will never get a personal album from Britney. She wants to keep who she really is guarded away.  Beyonce fans think the marketed relationship drama crap is real and it's not. We have no idea who Britney is, we just know what the concept is. 

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, chrisryan said:

What are you talking about? They literally branded the name of the album after the fact that most of society thought that Britney was blackout wasted every night. So yea I would say that it matched the Britney brand right on point at the time, sadly, but that is where society was at the time. 

If Britney released the stan's fantasy album as you want, it would be laughed to oblivion by the GP and critics, which I wish wasn't true. However, we all know it would be. We love her voice, I know that I do, but let us be real, the baby voice is ICONIC and will always stay.   Anyways, as stan's, we can all sit here and makeup things we wish for. Or, we could look at the current landscape and see how our girl can come out relevant again. 

I think right now we are actually being sold an idea that will eventually evolve to a new more powerful Britney. While Domination couldn't sell, a show where people want to see if she A) has a mental breakdown any night or B) Is released from her conservatorship and doing what she wants for the first time, will sell. I think this is actually a pretty smart route....however, her team has sucked for a while...but for some reason, I don't think this is planned by her team. I think it is actually something she has been planning for a bit. However, we will have to wait and see. 

....also we will never get a personal album from Britney. She wants to keep who she really is guarded away.  Beyonce fans think the marketed relationship drama crap is real and it's not. We have no idea who Britney is, we just know what the concept is. 

You delusional the gp would love “let go” “state of grace” and the others stop down playing these gems they woulda been hits 

• 5 months later...
On 3/27/2019 at 3:31 PM, Isla said:

Pretty sure the version of Sometimes that's from that tape is this:

And the other tracks are just 'no vocals', or according to a comment on that page, 'vocals but turned down' so I don't know if the songs are supposed to sound different to the ones on the album?

This one's 100% fake/fan-made: the intro is from the 1998 snippet, the rest of the song is the album version and the outro was taken from the Answering Machine version. The structure is just like the real Mall Tour version, though.

On 4/2/2019 at 5:24 AM, Kartofelek said:

Those would be great to filter acapellas! More unofficial remixes :D

Only Thinkin' About You and BOMT are good for filtering, unfortunately.

• 8 months later...
On 3/24/2019 at 10:24 PM, Jordan Miller said:

In her 2006 cover story with People magazine, Britney opened up about experimenting with her sound in her home studio.

“I’ll get on the piano and just play whatever feels good,” she said at the time. “When I was little, I would listen to myself, but the record label signs you, and you’re just thankful to get a hit song. You can’t really show off your voice and where you came from.”

She added: “I used to listen to blues music and all that stuff. I would like to try to have more influences of that sound. Not that I’m going to be like frickin’ Tina Turner. But you never know.”britney-otis-redding.jpg

:crying1::sobbing:

Let her do what she wants to do! :crying2:

It's 2020 and I'm still waiting for that acoustic show with 100% live vocals :crying3:

• Love 2