Britney Covers Otis Redding’s “I’ve Been Loving You Too Long”

7 hours ago, jokobitch said:

She really needs to change her direction when she comes back to more mature stuff like this enough of the *** music 

I couldn’t disagree more the pure DELUSION lmao y’all hate what you need but pretend this is a masterpiece

7 hours ago, I am Max. said:

People overreacting to this... I mean, it's nice to hear her voice without any production, but this is a mess. 

THANK YOU. This reminds me when Conscious leaked and everyone pretended it was the greatest thing she ever recorded. Like this is cute and way better than conscious but come on y’all...

5 hours ago, 3isacharm said:

If this leak is any indication of what is in that CD... I feel that all 3 original songs are unfinished, meaning "Trouble" "I've Been Loving You Too Long" and "Rebellion" 

Could it be that 1:00 Version of Rebellion has the intro we heard in the paparazzi video and it's just a rough demo that was never finished and all there is are the verses we heard on her website

The seller also claimed  "Trouble", the Elvis cover was an unfinished version. 

Maybe that's why "Rebellion" has never leaked because there is no much more to it?

I find it very suspicious also that the eBay listing was removed

That’s exactly what I was thinking! I really wouldn’t be surprised if the “full version” of rebellion is just some more instrumental before it fades out. Britney was definitely all about experimenting with different producers at the time so this leak is definitely a really interesting tidbit from those times. I always the trouble recording fascinating yet random. It’s interesting She included it in a performance.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Rickey3089 said:

It strange her vocals sound like it’s from the early 2000 that’s definitely the way she use to sing, but this from 06 slay me 

I disagree I think it sounds like 07ney like let go and baby boy because she goes in and out of her baby voice

9 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

I couldn’t disagree more the pure DELUSION lmao y’all hate what you need but pretend this is a masterpiece

THANK YOU. This reminds me when Conscious leaked and everyone pretended it was the greatest thing she ever recorded. Like this is cute and way better than conscious but come on y’all...

That’s exactly what I was thinking! I really wouldn’t be surprised if the “full version” of rebellion is just some more instrumental before it fades out. Britney was definitely all about experimenting with different producers at the time so this leak is definitely a really interesting tidbit from those times. I always the trouble recording fascinating yet random. It’s interesting She included it in a performance.

Go get ur brain checked out for even trying to compare what you need to this... are u ok up there? Like truly what the hell.. what you need is pitched beyond recognition she sounds like f**king Ashley tisdale in high school musical.. the delusion is REAL. But sure, keep hoping Britney records songs about *** and partying at 40 years old while her fellow peers do **** with substance and meaning :hiii:

• Like 2
11 hours ago, jokobitch said:

Go get ur brain checked out for even trying to compare what you need to this... are u ok up there? Like truly what the hell.. what you need is pitched beyond recognition she sounds like f**king Ashley tisdale in high school musical.. the delusion is REAL. But sure, keep hoping Britney records songs about *** and partying at 40 years old while her fellow peers do **** with substance and meaning :hiii:

"Get your brain checked" lol relax.:deadbanana: Music is subjective.

What You Need is amazing though. :jamout::madance::byebitch:

• Like 3
19 hours ago, falka said:

Rolling in the deep grave :NYcackle:

Consider yourself a swine :pleaseshhh: as a musician U should know better :leaving:

I'm not sorry to say how I feel. It's the same story every time a new song leaks: "omg this is the best song ever", "this song slays her entire discography", "the vocals omg im dying". Let's be real, her vocals are nice, and it's great to get closer to a "nature" Britney, but the song is a mess. Not even 2:30 minutes, the mixing is bad, the double vocals layers at the end are so badly mixed. I understand it's a demo, but, yeah. The song is still a mess. 

22 hours ago, chrisryan said:

Doesn't fit the Britney brand. They would never use something like this, just look at how they pitched Glory tracks that would have sounded amazing in her natural voice. 

Well sung tho B! 

Honestly, **** the “Britney brand”. Britney is not 16 anymore. She’s a WOMAN. That’s why albums like Blackout and In The Zone are such stan favorites. That’s why we are obsessed with unreleased tracks like State of Grace, Baby Boy, and the 30 seconds of Rebellion that we have... because they are so far from the “Britney brand” they’ve been trying to shove down our throats for the last 20 years. I wish her “team” could see that this is what we want. THIS is raw Britney. 

• Like 5
On 4/10/2019 at 11:53 AM, PokemonSpears said:

:haha:

Because the final Blackout fitted the Britney brand a lot...

If Britney released an album with songs like I've Been Loving You or State of Grace, etc I think the impact would've been bigger, maybe not sales-wise but she would've been perceived very differently. Like a true artist and the contrast with her personal life would've made the album even more precious.

Yes, this song is not lead single material or something, but if it was finished it would've made an awesome track.

How did a pop album like "Blackout" NOT fit the Britney Brand, especially during the time it was released? If Britney released an album like what you are mentioning it would be the FURTHEST away from the Britney brand ever. Let's not kid ourselves, she sounds good on these but she is not a vocalist. I don't know why so many of you think this is a direction that team B would ever go. You will be lucky if you get 1 maybe 2 good ballads per album.  

The last thing I want is a album full of songs like that, and I bet almost all her none stan fans wouldnt want it either.