Should Britney Produce Her Own Songs? If So, Do You Think It Will Be Good?

Hey Y'all 

I know this topic has been made or talked a lot, but I wanna know from your opinion. Do you think Britney should help and/or produces some of her songs? Yes or No.

And if so, do you think it will be good or think she has the capably or musical drive to do it and sound good? I mean we all know she's capable of writing and co-writing songs and it being good, and in the past (Primeney Years) she talked about wanting to do an album as her being a producer and having like a few other producers work on an album because by now she knows how it all works and stuff (she said something like that. Don't quote me) I feel like maybe she can, back in the day when she was so into her music and artistic growth, I wasn't sure about the present until "Glory" when she started caring about music again and calling that album her "baby" (That sentence triggers me :crying1: )  

Discuss :brit:   

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to be negative, but I doubt she knows how to use Ableton, FL or any other DAW. Creating beats, mixing and mastering is not easy at all, it's not like writing or co-writing. It takes time and dedication to LEARN actually. She should try writing and singing her songs, maybe play the piano or guitar. That would be better for her. Unless she actually wants to GROW as an artist and start doing it herself. I doubt, but... 

• Super Mods

I think the best role for her is being the Executive Producer. She’s a good visionary and with her on that role she can help dictate the direction and sound of the album, she truly is good at that. Not a lot of popstars have good music instincts but she does. 

8 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

I think the best role for her is being the Executive Producer. She’s a good visionary and with her on that role she can help dictate the direction and sound of the album, she truly is good at that. Not a lot of popstars have good music instincts but she does. 

Omg for a second I almost forgot she was the Executive Producer for “Blackout” 

You need an in-depth knowledge of various software and music mixing/editing to be able to produce a song, it's not just something any random person can do. And I'm positive Britney has no clue how to do any of that stuff, so no, she shouldn't produce her own music. Also, she genuinely doesn't like her singing voice so her idea of good vocal production is to distort it as much as possible (ex: Tom's Diner) which I'm also not here for.

Co-writing and executive producing I'm here for - she has great taste and vision and you can tell she's passionate about the music when she has a significant part in making it. But part of the Britney musical magic is the fact that she teams up with world class producers who know what they're doing. It's the combination of her and them that make it what it is.

She was the executive producer of Blackout and that is one of her best albums. She's written a lot of great music. What I love about Britney is that there is a special kind of vibe to her songs, like blackout but also Scary, Someday I will understand, whiplash (even with Selenas vocals) and so on. She said she had a lot of hands on with Glory and I think it shows. Glory is a great album.

I'm all here for Britney being more involved with her music :gelis:

People don't realise how hard it is to produce pop music. I guess you could say I'm a somewhat experienced music producer - I've been producing (in my little bedroom studio lol) for about six years. (I also have a song out. Talk. thanks stream it xoxo). And it's super f**king hard. To produce a quality pop song you need so many layers of multitrack recording done well, FX, synth modulations and stuff, along with good mixing and choices of samples. Britney just doesn't have the skills to do this and the gays underestimate how hard it is to produce. Britney has, by far, the easiest job. :heresthetea:

Not producing the music. But writing yes.

She needs to get in a studio with select people, and go ham on ideas. Basically what she did for Blackout she needs to do again.

Not necessarily music-wise, but the creating and crafting process she needs to do.

Archived