We need more 'rap-singing' songs from Brit

jennyj

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not trying to start anything here and I feel like me saying this is kinda controversial but it’s really not in her best interest for the current social climate we’re in. If she did rapping I def feel people would say she’s culturally appropriating like Ariana Grande in 7 Rings.

Kinda why I’m nervous for her to do “urban” music :notreally:

23 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

Not trying to start anything here and I feel like me saying this is kinda controversial but it’s really not in her best interest for the current social climate we’re in. If she did rapping I def feel people would say she’s culturally appropriating like Ariana Grande in 7 Rings.

LOL i know what you mean, but it's not really 'rapping', it's just rap-singing. It's one of her own iconic styles that she's known for.  Plus, I wouldn't worry about that, rapping is not considered culturally appropriating anything.  A certain race doesn't 'own' rapping, and if anyone does think it's culturally appropriating, they should look at their own views to see how racist their own thinking is, since there are rappers in every country all over the world. :)

• Content Curators
37 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

well people really need to stop being ******* abt everything

like how dumb do u have to be to get offended over that

and btw that's not 'cultural appropriation' lmao people are so stupid

i for one would love more urban music

55 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

well people really need to stop being ******* abt everything

like how dumb do u have to be to get offended over that

and btw that's not 'cultural appropriation' lmao people are so stupid

i for one would love more urban music

Don’t get me wrong I’m here for songs like this but people do react to stuff like this now. Our girl has been called a lot of things the lst thing she should be called is a racist

• Super Mods
On 3/3/2019 at 3:31 PM, studlygeorge said:

I think you are over thinking it, she’ll never go full on rap like she’s Iggy or Cardi B. I mean Slave was very urban like and she did the scream and shout remix and people have no problem with it. Plus looking at many YouTube reaction videos black people love her too. Whatever she puts out is always gonna be pop. I trust her to do it right. She seems to know what’s best if she ain’t got Larry hovering over her trying mold the album into “what’s hot” at the moment. That’s how we got Pretty Girls.

She needs to do whatever she feels like doing

But if she wants a hit she obviously needs to stick with uptempo pop songs. That’s what the GP expects and wants from her. Pop songs are her greatest hits and her strength. 

As a fan, I’d like a bit of all kinds of genres allthough rap/hip hop is one of my my least favorites tbh

Archived