Does anybody on here have an issue with her Hiatus?

indyRS

I mean, Domination was announced and slated to start so soon after her official POM conclusion.

She needed a break.

Not just that but a break from being Britney Spears. Artists need a hiatus from time to time to let anticipation build for themselves with new projects in their career.

I mean, I am certainly glad she's taking the time to focus on family.

Because we all know that she'll return back to the studio and other things when she's feeling better from this time off.

I just don't understand why so many fans on here are mad about her stepping away from the spotlight? I'm curious to hear your reasons why. Too much exposure is not good. Or even just a long duration of the same thing.

This is why having another artist to Stan is good.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Domination was too soon. There was zero hype and the announcement didn’t help by any means. I’m glad she’s taking the break. You can tell she had a new found passion for what she was doing in 2015-2016 but it went away in 2017-18. She needed a break. I think the only thing people are kinda bummed about is that she has not been heard from at all. Like no instagram weirdness or workout videos or whatever. I don’t think we expected her to disappear altogether.

Yes, always have had an issue even with people suggesting it YEARS ago :donewithit:

I mean, yes, at the end it's her life and her career, and she must be very happy now, and it's just me being selfish wanting to see something from her all the time. But I think, just like everything in her career these past years, they aren't doing things as they should. I mean, if it was a planned hiatus, I would be ok, but their schedule always results in this mess.

What I mean is, ya'll consider her being active or "on the spotlight" just because she did Vegas for so many years and appeared here and there in a few red carpets or awards shows. But in the MUSIC scene, she's been practically gone for the most part of this decade. 

Her last single came out more than two years ago, and in chronological order, neither SP, MM, PG nor Perfume made a big impact. Work ***** was her last single that gave her moderate exposure, in 2013!! and I'm not talking about sales, chart positions or streams. I'm talking about that exposure ya'll want her to rest of. 

Most of the general public ignore what she's been doing these past years, most of them don't even know about the existence of Britney Jean or Glory as albums. And most people didn't even notice the change from POM to Domination, and thus the alleged low sales. That wasn't due to overexposure, but all the opposite, the lack of exposure and promotion is what caused that.

Now, I don't say she doesn't have the rights to rest, but the residency is very different than a tour. Her benefits are such that she was able to do 4 years straight, because the breaks in between legs make it possible, plus the fact that she doesn't have to travel that much. Then in 2018 she toured, yes, but it was just the summer, all the rest of the year before and after summer, she was free.

Following the same residency scheme, I found it totally ok that Domination was coming "so soon" because they had enough time to prepare the show, and again, she would have these breaks between legs that allow her to cope with the "work". She was already used to that, it was just a new show, a new theater, but the same schedule. Just like how normal people change jobs and move from one company to another without taking a free year.

At the end I think MY issue is the lack of singles we had from both BJ and Glory, especially Glory which was the last one. If we got several singles from Glory throughout 2017 and even 2018, even if the flopped, I would be like, ok, they did their best to promote the album, the singles, she did a lot for that era, she really needs a break. But what did she actually do in terms of new music / singles? :beynah: Ya'll are the ones calliing her lazy all the time, now you think she needs a hiatus? 

Now, the excuse is her father, so the official version is that if her father wasn't ill, we would've had Domination (and I'll be right now sharing my experience from last week's concerts :crying3:) so she was really willing to do the show. She didn't seem like she needed more rest. We all know she gets bored so easily. 

And it's not like she's gonna be rehearsing and training all this year, or the years that the hiatus last. Whenever she decides to resume her career and come back with Domination or any other show, they will start preparations and rehearsals with the same time of anticipation as they were doing with Domination, aka, 1.5 months before the start date. Don't act like we're expecting otherwise.

She's not 20 anymore, and she ain't no Madonna. We're in this point of her life/career where if she takes the chance she'll retire for good, and I know that's most of ya'll's biggest wish, because you want to have an excuse to stop stanning for her and stan for your true faves without the remorse or the worrying about Britney doing embarrassing things for your standards or missing something about her, but that's my biggest nightmare. And I think she still has/had many years to keep going at the pace she was going since Vegas started. 

Now the chances of getting a FFney 2.0 for her next show/tour/residency/era are becoming bigger and bigger the more time her hiatus lasts. We just really don't know. She changed to a completely different person from Circus Tour to FFT with just one year break in between. Then she changed completely for POM with almost two years. So we don't know if now we're having a positive or a negative change for the next thing, whatever it is, but it's a fact we'll have something completely different than POMney, it's almost scientifically proven at this point. And that scares me lol

Best thing Britney could have done in my opinion. Otherwise we would have just had an uninspired “Domination” show and most likely a mediocre rush released album to support the residency. I now want Britney to build anticipation for her next outing and want a solid body of work and some good promotional campaigns. 

I mean..she obviously has to take a break off of work because of her father's health.
I would do the same.

But saying that she needs a break is a joke because she already took 7 months off last year and additional 2 months before we knew that the new residency is on a halt (which makes 85% of the year on a break)      
            ////actually she took 10 months off overall if we dont count 1 show that she did at the Circuit of Americas

Spoiler

already said this but..even with POM..
she worked 2 hours (at most) 10 days in a month (at most)
she didn't work June and July in the first several years of the residency
she had most of January for herself (or another month/depends)

Not saying she doesn't deserve a break but the girl has enough time to rest
People work 5 days a week for 90% of the year (if there isn't something medically wrong with them ofc)

edit: She could've at least given us a collab song
the Pitbull song??
a song like DYWCO (I mean without a video)
and before that, we had to wait like 3 years to get Glory  AND even then we got Pretty Girls and Tom's Diner

we only got a Perfume Ad that isn't even unisex lmao

No issue, but it's all very odd - the week it happened, they were all rehearsing for the show less than 24 hours before the announcement, the show producers were promoting it all over their twitter, the remixer was posting mixes for it 2 days before, Britney's insta was promoting it with the countdown and rehearsal videos... and then all of a sudden on Friday out of nowhere it's announced she's taking a break to focus on her family. Having followed her career it seemed very much like she finally snapped to me, and Larry and the PR people don't want the public to think she's having another 'breakdown' :ineedthetruth: 

When you factor in her performances during the Europe tour were some of the worst in years, she looked so anxious and not present, she was not feeling the 'announcement within an announcement' at either Ellen or Vegas... 

Before you downvote me, it's just an opinion. :raven:

1 hour ago, indyRS said:

I mean, Domination was announced and slated to start so soon after her official POM conclusion.

She needed a break.

Not just that but a break from being Britney Spears. Artists need a hiatus from time to time to let anticipation build for themselves with new projects in their career.

I mean, I am certainly glad she's taking the time to focus on family.

Because we all know that she'll return back to the studio and other things when she's feeling better from this time off.

I just don't understand why so many fans on here are mad about her stepping away from the spotlight? I'm curious to hear your reasons why. Too much exposure is not good. Or even just a long duration of the same thing.

This is why having another artist to Stan is good.

finally someone talks sense! Her father nearly died so even if reports are true and hes making a recovery, Britneys probably spending some time with him and making sure hes completely out of the woods 

Archived