Does anybody on here have an issue with her Hiatus?

• Twitter Team

I'm glad she's taking a break, she hasn't really had a proper break for a while and I was a bit worried when Domination was announced to take place so soon after POM ending. She needs time to focus on herself and her family before she can come back properly ready with new music (hopefully). Fans shouldn't need to get upset, like you said that's why it's always good to be fans of other artists.

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, Cigarettes&Cologne said:

No issue, but it's all very odd - the week it happened, they were all rehearsing for the show less than 24 hours before the announcement, the show producers were promoting it all over their twitter, the remixer was posting mixes for it 2 days before, Britney's insta was promoting it with the countdown and rehearsal videos... and then all of a sudden on Friday out of nowhere it's announced she's taking a break to focus on her family. Having followed her career it seemed very much like she finally snapped to me, and Larry and the PR people don't want the public to think she's having another 'breakdown' :ineedthetruth: 

When you factor in her performances during the Europe tour were some of the worst in years, she looked so anxious and not present, she was not feeling the 'announcement within an announcement' at either Ellen or Vegas... 

Before you downvote me, it's just an opinion. :raven:

doesn't seem likely to me that she ''snapped'' or ''is having another breakdown''. We literally got candids of her having a milkshake the same day of the hiatus announcement

Milkshake_28329.jpg

and two days after in a drive thru with Sam, and she was the one driving.
XRAY_JAN6_INOUT_005.jpeg
XRAY_JAN6_INOUT_003.jpg

So let's not jump to conclusions lol

• Like 4

No and I'm really happy that she's taking it. People needs to stop making a drama about it.Last year was pretty obvious that she needed a break because IT WAS A MESS. The tour was at FFT level and she lokoed better on the FFT most of the times. So it was pretty bad and she didn't look good at all.

But I do agree that the break announcement was bad and that it didn't make sense at all. They used her father's health as an excuse because everything about Domination was terrible (the announcement without a single word from her, the lack of promo and promo pictures and those awful rehearsals videos) and that affected the ticket sales. 

I just I really hope she takes a long break (at least a year). I don't want the announcemnet of her "return" to vegas in 2 months. She needs to focus on herself, her family and in a few months start working on her new album slowly, without rushing everything because that's what she did with Domination and we know how it ended.

• Like 9
2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Yes, always have had an issue even with people suggesting it YEARS ago :donewithit:

I mean, yes, at the end it's her life and her career, and she must be very happy now, and it's just me being selfish wanting to see something from her all the time. But I think, just like everything in her career these past years, they aren't doing things as they should. I mean, if it was a planned hiatus, I would be ok, but their schedule always results in this mess.

What I mean is, ya'll consider her being active or "on the spotlight" just because she did Vegas for so many years and appeared here and there in a few red carpets or awards shows. But in the MUSIC scene, she's been practically gone for the most part of this decade. 

Her last single came out more than two years ago, and in chronological order, neither SP, MM, PG nor Perfume made a big impact. Work ***** was her last single that gave her moderate exposure, in 2013!! and I'm not talking about sales, chart positions or streams. I'm talking about that exposure ya'll want her to rest of. 

Most of the general public ignore what she's been doing these past years, most of them don't even know about the existence of Britney Jean or Glory as albums. And most people didn't even notice the change from POM to Domination, and thus the alleged low sales. That wasn't due to overexposure, but all the opposite, the lack of exposure and promotion is what caused that.

Now, I don't say she doesn't have the rights to rest, but the residency is very different than a tour. Her benefits are such that she was able to do 4 years straight, because the breaks in between legs make it possible, plus the fact that she doesn't have to travel that much. Then in 2018 she toured, yes, but it was just the summer, all the rest of the year before and after summer, she was free.

Following the same residency scheme, I found it totally ok that Domination was coming "so soon" because they had enough time to prepare the show, and again, she would have these breaks between legs that allow her to cope with the "work". She was already used to that, it was just a new show, a new theater, but the same schedule. Just like how normal people change jobs and move from one company to another without taking a free year.

At the end I think MY issue is the lack of singles we had from both BJ and Glory, especially Glory which was the last one. If we got several singles from Glory throughout 2017 and even 2018, even if the flopped, I would be like, ok, they did their best to promote the album, the singles, she did a lot for that era, she really needs a break. But what did she actually do in terms of new music / singles? :beynah: Ya'll are the ones calliing her lazy all the time, now you think she needs a hiatus? 

Now, the excuse is her father, so the official version is that if her father wasn't ill, we would've had Domination (and I'll be right now sharing my experience from last week's concerts :crying3:) so she was really willing to do the show. She didn't seem like she needed more rest. We all know she gets bored so easily. 

And it's not like she's gonna be rehearsing and training all this year, or the years that the hiatus last. Whenever she decides to resume her career and come back with Domination or any other show, they will start preparations and rehearsals with the same time of anticipation as they were doing with Domination, aka, 1.5 months before the start date. Don't act like we're expecting otherwise.

She's not 20 anymore, and she ain't no Madonna. We're in this point of her life/career where if she takes the chance she'll retire for good, and I know that's most of ya'll's biggest wish, because you want to have an excuse to stop stanning for her and stan for your true faves without the remorse or the worrying about Britney doing embarrassing things for your standards or missing something about her, but that's my biggest nightmare. And I think she still has/had many years to keep going at the pace she was going since Vegas started. 

Now the chances of getting a FFney 2.0 for her next show/tour/residency/era are becoming bigger and bigger the more time her hiatus lasts. We just really don't know. She changed to a completely different person from Circus Tour to FFT with just one year break in between. Then she changed completely for POM with almost two years. So we don't know if now we're having a positive or a negative change for the next thing, whatever it is, but it's a fact we'll have something completely different than POMney, it's almost scientifically proven at this point. And that scares me lol

:omg:

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Cigarettes&Cologne said:

No issue, but it's all very odd - the week it happened, they were all rehearsing for the show less than 24 hours before the announcement, the show producers were promoting it all over their twitter, the remixer was posting mixes for it 2 days before, Britney's insta was promoting it with the countdown and rehearsal videos... and then all of a sudden on Friday out of nowhere it's announced she's taking a break to focus on her family. Having followed her career it seemed very much like she finally snapped to me, and Larry and the PR people don't want the public to think she's having another 'breakdown' :ineedthetruth: 

When you factor in her performances during the Europe tour were some of the worst in years, she looked so anxious and not present, she was not feeling the 'announcement within an announcement' at either Ellen or Vegas... 

Before you downvote me, it's just an opinion. :raven:

Before we start pulling a Shane Dawson and turning the simplest of things into conspiracy theories, maybe Britney just decided to take care of her seriously ill father as she claimed?

• Like 1

I feel like her father’s illness affected her big time...which could explain some of her underwhelming performances on the tour.  She had to have had a lot on her mind.  I do find it super odd that she has TOTALLY ghosted the world on social media.  She has posted literally nothing except for the BOMT anniversary post.  Can still share her little quotes, pics with her family, etc while on a break.  I really hope she doesn’t pop back up with another new face a few months from now...not trying to be shady...

but I really don’t think she’s in the midst of another breakdown.

I think it’s pretty disappointing to be honest. At first I was sympathetic but I feel that less and less everyday. I’m starting to realize like a lot of people here have said, she works very little when you think about it. Like you as a normal person couldn’t work for 3 months out of a year and then take the rest off to be with your family. But I guess that’s a luxury of being super rich and famous. It’s true the more money you make, the less work you have to do. Real people are "busting their *** out there" working 5-6 days a week, 8-10 hours a day, having multiple jobs, barely getting by, and having to take care of themselves and their families.

There’s also a definite sense of taking the fans for granted throughout everything. If they ended POM and said she’s taking a break I don’t think it would feel as bad. But to string us along again for another failed project.... Interest wanes and this hiatus is only making interest wane faster. Like ok, we know Danja could be involved with B10 somehow, but when will that be? A year from now? 18 months from now? Who has time to wait that long anymore? Will it even be any good?

They’re definitely sitting on lots of music since they’ve been recording since 2016/2017..  give us a single please! Her team doesn’t seem to realize you don’t need to release a full album to put out new music. 

Spoiler

I snapped  :omg:

• Like 5
  • Super Mods
6 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

:haha:

As a Spanish speaker I think that would've made more sense, but that's not how I imagined it. And it's not like I believed it was the right pronunciation, I just never bothered looking up the correct way, but all these years I've been reading it and in my mind it goes like "hee-a-toos" to the point I forgot that was wrong.

Until the other day that I watched again one of those E news clips about Britney's /hīˈādəs/ and I remembered I never learned the right way to pronounce it, and I was like

DdsR2fvV4AIzmPX.jpg

• Like 1

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Vote on Exhale's Top 100 of 2021 

6 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Why on earth would I, or anyone else for that matter, have an issue with her taking some time to take care of her gravely ill father? :icant2:

Honestly, like I’m fine with Britney taking a break to focus on her ill father who is getting better (even tho it kinda cancelled my bday plans lol) family comes first. 

6 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Before we start pulling a Shane Dawson and turning the simplest of things into conspiracy theories, maybe Britney just decided to take care of her seriously ill father as she claimed?

Shame Dawson conspiracies?! Sksksksksksksk sis you got me f**ked up :oknolol:

• Like 1
13 hours ago, indyRS said:

I mean, Domination was announced and slated to start so soon after her official POM conclusion.

She needed a break.

Not just that but a break from being Britney Spears. Artists need a hiatus from time to time to let anticipation build for themselves with new projects in their career.

I mean, I am certainly glad she's taking the time to focus on family.

Because we all know that she'll return back to the studio and other things when she's feeling better from this time off.

I just don't understand why so many fans on here are mad about her stepping away from the spotlight? I'm curious to hear your reasons why. Too much exposure is not good. Or even just a long duration of the same thing.

This is why having another artist to Stan is good.

People have an issue with how she handled it , even after the announcement she was with her boyfriend NOT her dad. 

And she has had continual breaks she barely works Pom wasn’t a new show. She did it for 5 years. 

• Like 4