I'm ready for your hate: i actually like Britney Jean

britneymegamix

1.    "Alien"    :omgreallyney: (like it)

2.    "Work *****"    :surething: (it got boring for me quickly, but the first time i heard it it was fire)

3.    "Perfume"   :brityes: (like it)

4.    "It Should Be Easy" (featuring will.i.am)    :ipass: (like the message and the melody of the verses but the robot voice hell nah)

5.    "Tik Tik Boom" (featuring T.I.)    :weirdmeout: (don't get it)

6.    "Body Ache"    :hype: (the beat blew my mind)

7.    "Til It's Gone"    :bparty: (love it reminds me of Eurovison for some reason)

8.    "Passenger"    :rihit: (don't like it i like the fan made version though)

Spoiler

9.    "Chillin' With You" (featuring Jamie Lynn)    :ehno: (don't really get it the chorus ruins it for em)

10.    "Don't Cry"   :crying3: (sad song love it)

11.    "Brightest Morning Star"    :bpout: (sad song love it)

12.    "Hold on Tight"    :crying2: (sad song love it)

13.    "Now That I Found You"   :bpout:  (love it was on repeat when my granpa died, the instrumental chorus for some reason gives me sad vibes)

14.    "Perfume" (The Dreaming Mix)    :unreal:  love it)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good for you. I don't, but that's my personal preference, opinion, and tastes. And that's fine. You can enjoy BJ whether me or anyone else likes it or not.

Exhellers can't understand personal preference or that all music opinions will always be about preference, its why they downvote everything that doesn't align with their own. :byetina:

8 hours ago, f**knfurter said:

Good for you. I don't, but that's my personal preference, opinion, and tastes. And that's fine. You can enjoy BJ whether me or anyone else likes it or not.

Exhellers can't understand personal preference or that all music opinions will always be about preference, its why they downvote everything that doesn't align with their own. :byetina:

This is exactly what I came in here to write, but then realized that if Exhalers actually understood and/or respected the subjectivity of personal taste, this cult website would effectively cease to exist as we’d have nothing to argue about anymore (and then I'd need to find a new stress-reliever/mindless hobby, and no one likes change). So purely for sick personal pleasure, I deleted my comment and watched the thread unfold as per usual. Maybe that is officially the sign that it’s time to leave this site. :orangu:

Also, despite what I endorsed above regarding personal taste, I'm quite honestly baffled that some fans keep bringing up BJ and trying to rewrite history by pretending it was a good, albeit rushed, album that would've been great sans will.i.am and Myah Marie. Britards: WAKE THE **** UP. 

BRITNEY SPEARS released a BRITNEY SPEARS album wherein she wasn't the primary vocalist on several of the 10 tracks.

Those are the facts. It's indefensible, and if I didn't have such a maddening lifelong loyalty to her, I would've stopped purchasing anything and everything with so much as her name attached henceforth. But luckily for her, I (and many others), have such a soft spot for Britney that she actually got away with it. I don't know how, but she did.

Truthfully, (and with just cause, if we are being really honest), it should've completely ended her career, and effectively tainted her entire legacy thus far (it would've solidified the decades of Milli Vanilli-type accusations, and left us fans wondering if any part of her career had been authentic thus far). Admittedly, the latter has already crossed my mind since BJ, and it seriously bums me out. :( 

So, to the BJ apologists, I'm glad you like the music, but it seems many are still, five years later, missing the point. It's not about a rushed album with generic tracks that failed to make a commercial impact and/or was critically panned.

Hell, I wouldn't care if the songs had been on par with ITZ/BO in terms of quality when both she and her management knowingly deceived both the general public and two decades of loyal fans by releasing a "Britney Spears" album in which she is not just frequently vocally absent in lieu of an impersonator(!), but then further added insult to injury by claiming writing credits on songs that were already 100% completed, and most egregiously, continuing to have the gall to claim it was her most personal album. :overitkbye:

It's shocking and beyond disappointing, and there's no way to reframe the facts or alter history in an objective manner to lessen the utter brazenness and frankly criminality with respect to the actions of Team B, whom willfully and mendaciously, and with Britney's knowledge, released and promoted that which can only be referred to as a sham. Britney's management and team created and promoted a fake Britney album "just for the fans," when in reality it was "just for the $10 per each gullible consumer." 

So while, for example, I genuinely think HOT is a great song (and not just by BJ standards), I'm not giving an iota of praise toward a money-grubbing facade that I was dupable enough to donate my own $10 towards. 

I really enjoy Belinda Jingles too :lollipop: I play it full more than Femme Fatale, that's for sure

Brightest Morning Star, Perfume and Don't Cry are amazing and won't accept any slander for them :lemmetellu:

Spoiler

I deleted Body Ache, Till It's Gone and Chillin' With You because, well, I think this needs no explanation

I have a love-hate relationship with It Should Be Easy whatsoever; 'if there was a scale from 1 to 10
Then my love for you is a million, billion
' ALWAYS makes me laugh :cackling:

7 hours ago, maquisl said:

The lyrics are 100% better than Glory's lyrics. That's a fact. :bedtime:

I'm not saying that Glory has incredible songwriting, but I personally think most of the BJ lyrics are beyond cringe-inducing, and that includes both singles.

Work *****:

You wanna
You wanna

You want a hot body?
You want a Bugatti?
You want a Maserati?
You better work, *****!
You want a Lamborghini?
Sip martinis?
Look hot in a bikini?
You better work, *****!
You wanna live fancy?
Live in a big mansion?
Party in France?

You better work, *****!
You better work, *****!
You better work, *****!
You better work, *****!

Now get to work, *****!

Perfume:

"Gotta mark my territory"

It Should Be Easy:

If there was a scale from one to ten
My love for you is a million billion

La di dee, la di dah
It's the only way you are
La di dee, la di dah
It's the only way you are
I don't know how to say it*

*(Author’s note: that’s one hell of an understatement).

Chillin’ With You:

When I'm witchu, I'm chillin'.
I'm chill.

And just the above examples alone consist of nearly half (40%) of the standard tracklist. :ehum:

At least Glory had some moments where the songwriting shined exponentially more than it has in the past several albums (e.g., Invitation, Just Luv Me, Man On The Moon, Mood Ring, etc). It also had some terrible lyrics, but it wouldn’t be a Britney album without a few. :tehe:

1 hour ago, LostInAnImage said:

This is exactly what I came in here to write, but then realized that if Exhalers actually understood and/or respected the subjectivity of personal taste, this cult website would effectively cease to exist as we’d have nothing to argue about anymore (and then I'd need to find a new stress-reliever/mindless hobby, and no one likes change). So purely for sick personal pleasure, I deleted my comment and watched the thread unfold as per usual. Maybe that is officially the sign that it’s time to leave this site. :orangu:

Also, despite what I endorsed above regarding personal taste, I'm quite honestly baffled that some fans keep bringing up BJ and trying to rewrite history by pretending it was a good, albeit rushed, album that would've been great sans will.i.am and Myah Marie. Britards: WAKE THE **** UP. 

BRITNEY SPEARS released a BRITNEY SPEARS album wherein she wasn't the primary vocalist on several of the 10 tracks.

Those are the facts. It's indefensible, and if I didn't have such a maddening lifelong loyalty to her, I would've stopped purchasing anything and everything with so much as her name attached henceforth. But luckily for her, I (and many others), have such a soft spot for Britney that she actually got away with it. I don't know how, but she did.

Truthfully, (and with just cause, if we are being really honest), it should've completely ended her career, and effectively tainted her entire legacy thus far (it would've solidified the decades of Milli Vanilli-type accusations, and left us fans wondering if any part of her career had been authentic thus far). Admittedly, the latter has already crossed my mind since BJ, and it seriously bums me out. :( 

So, to the BJ apologists, I'm glad you like the music, but it seems many are still, five years later, missing the point. It's not about a rushed album with generic tracks that failed to make a commercial impact and/or was critically panned.

Hell, I wouldn't care if the songs had been on par with ITZ/BO in terms of quality when both she and her management knowingly deceived both the general public and two decades of loyal fans by releasing a "Britney Spears" album in which she is not just frequently vocally absent in lieu of an impersonator(!), but then further added insult to injury by claiming writing credits on songs that were already 100% completed, and most egregiously, continuing to have the gall to claim it was her most personal album. :overitkbye:

It's shocking and beyond disappointing, and there's no way to reframe the facts or alter history in an objective manner to lessen the utter brazenness and frankly criminality with respect to the actions of Team B, whom willfully and mendaciously, and with Britney's knowledge, released and promoted that which can only be referred to as a sham. Britney's management and team created and promoted a fake Britney album "just for the fans," when in reality it was "just for the $10 per each gullible consumer." 

So while, for example, I genuinely think HOT is a great song (and not just by BJ standards), I'm not giving an iota of praise toward a money-grubbing facade that I was dupable enough to donate my own $10 towards. 

I agree completely with everything you said. After a couple listens I knew something didn't sound right with the way she was pronouncing the words... like, Britney just doesn't sing that way. Then I heard the Myah demos that ended up being the lead vocals and I was shocked. It's counterfeit and not even a well assembled one at that. It honestly disgusts me.. I can't listen to any of those songs and not see myah in my head. A true low point in her career :bigtime:

42 minutes ago, .: lucky :. said:

A true low point in her career :bigtime:

Agreed, and that is a very strong statement considering what occurred in 2007. But I would never fault another human being, famous or otherwise, for displaying unprofessionalism and/or socially inappropriate behavior due to cognitive and/or behavioral dysfunction based upon a predisposed chemical imbalance and litany of environmental triggers.

I will, however, not give a “pity pass” to something completely unrelated to her personal struggles, or contribute toward lining her teams’ pockets if she's truly incapacitated. If she’s unable to continue executing the duties of a popstar, which is arguably understandable and beyond well-earned at this point, then I’d be wholly supportive and applaud her candor.

But pretending to be okay when she’s not, and then releasing a fraudulent record in a futile attempt to uphold a public veneer that was long ago cracked (and as a blatant money grab), and/or actually possessing the capacity to carry on her duties as expected but not electing to for whatever reason, are two circumstances under which the events that transpired were, are, and will continue to be, simply 100% unacceptable (and to an insulting extent). I mean, how stupid do they think we are? But then again, we’re all still here after BJ, so just how stupid are we? :ehum:

I guess love truly is blind. And in the case of BJ, deaf (i.e., us) and mute (i.e., Britney), as well.

13 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

Agreed, and that is a very strong statement considering what occurred in 2007. But I would never fault another human being, famous or otherwise, for displaying unprofessionalism and/or socially inappropriate behavior due to cognitive and/or behavioral dysfunction based upon a predisposed chemical imbalance and litany of environmental triggers.

I will, however, not give a “pity pass” to something completely unrelated to her personal struggles, or contribute toward lining her teams’ pockets if she's truly incapacitated. If she’s unable to continue executing the duties of a popstar, which is arguably understandable and beyond well-earned at this point, then I’d be wholly supportive and applaud her candor.

But pretending to be okay when she’s not, and then releasing a fraudulent record in a futile attempt to uphold a public veneer that was long ago cracked (and as a blatant money grab), and/or actually possessing the capacity to carry on her duties as expected but not electing to for whatever reason, are two circumstances under which the events that transpired were, are, and will continue to be, simply 100% unacceptable (and to an insulting extent). I mean, how stupid do they think we are? But then again, we’re all still here after BJ, so just how stupid are we? :ehum:

Yeah totally. 2007 was a low point for her personal life but professionally, her name and image were everywhere and she released Blackout which is one of her best. It's the year that made her infamous.

The thing is they didn't even need to put myah on lead; Britney's vocals were good, typical Britney. I want to put the blame on will.i.am but who knows who is really at fault for that mess. And then like you said, for her to keep spouting how it's her most personal album.. come on :leaving:

26 minutes ago, GimmeBritney320 said:

Hands down her worst album ever...but genuine question...does she actually know she wasn't the main vocalist?

Yes, she has to. She was at the listening party with Will.i.am and Ryan Seacrest (and even Jordan attended; if memory serves correctly, he informed us that “Tik Tik Boom” would be a huge hit). :jj:

But anyway, given that Britney literally lipsynched to Sia’s vocals while performing “Perfume,” there is zero chance she is so sheltered, delusional and/or incapacitated as to lack the ability to discern her own voice apart from Sia’s.

Further, one of the only songs (if not the only song?) she re-recorded POM vocals for was WB, presumably because she knew she’d be opening her shows with that same damn song around the entire world for the next five years straight, and eventually people would notice the non-Britney parts.

Given how unusual her life is, I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt for as long as possible as well, so I really do understand your question. But the totality of the evidence indicates there is practically no plausible way that Britney’s own album was released without her knowing it’s filled with lead vocals aside from her own.

Archived